General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am not talking to him now.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Oct 2017 22:43

Well, that Shadow has been coming in twice of an evening to eat his bikkies and I have talked to him when he has.

As he appears to be comfortable with that situation and carries on munching while I talk rubbish to him I have decided to let him think he is getting one over on me by pretending I have not noticed him.

He came in three times last night but I have not yet seen him tonight.

Wish he would hurry up and move in!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Oct 2017 23:15

One of these days, Sharron. What will you do when you come up to Norfolk?

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Oct 2017 23:18

..maybe he hasn't come in tonight, because you're not talking to him :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Oct 2017 23:41

Looks like he has been in but I didn't notice.

Giant bowl of bikkies when I am away.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 16 Oct 2017 10:29

Sounds like a "Stealth" cat!

Dermot

Dermot Report 16 Oct 2017 11:27

Nobody glances at you with such utter distain & contempt than a dripping wet cat.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Oct 2017 11:34

I have to agree and disagree, Dermot.
An extremely wet cat that had no desire to get in that state would show disdain and contempt.

But, mine deliberately go out and get wet - when they come in, their eyes are full of happiness and potential pleasure - they love being dried off :-S

Edit: I get the contempt and disdain when they don't like the food I've given them.
My response to the look? 'Tough'.

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Oct 2017 11:56

It is probably because you gave them the wrong flavour again. Chicken when they wanted penguin and sloth.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Oct 2017 12:10

:-D :-D :-D
Too true, Sharron, hence my 'oh so caring' response :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Oct 2017 20:02

Now I have had to speak to him.

He came in early for his bikkies and Fred's mate was here, sitting next to me where Shadow could see him and Shadow stopped and waited for me to reassure him that it was safe to come in and eat.

He had some but was spooked by the neighbour and left. Later, after OH had taken Fred's mate home, he came back and saw Shadow jump over the fence to next door.

I am sure he is thinking about it. Wish he would hurry up.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Oct 2017 21:21

It's nice to know that your voice reassures him - so all those (seemingly) useless conversations with yourself have paid off :-D :-D <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Oct 2017 23:21

Somebody was out the back making a wobble board noise earlier on. He has not been in since.

He came in very early tonight though. I hope that is a good sign. I do so want him in here where he would be warm and safe and not spoilt in any way at all!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Oct 2017 00:23

<3 <3 <3

We can but hope

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Oct 2017 00:27

I think the wobble board noise along with having an extra bod indoors tonight was a little too much for him.

He was a brave boy anyway.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Oct 2017 22:54

He was a very brave boy, strange noises, strange smells.
Even Betty scarpers if someone new comes into the house - they have to say 'hello' pretty quickly for her to stay and suss them out.

As for noises - she knows, after 11 years that the house doesn't fall down if there are fireworks or thunder - but still goes under my bed!

Has shadow come in tonight?

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Oct 2017 00:02

He did come back in last night, maybe twice, and he has been in tonight.

I try not to let him see me looking at him but it is quite hard to make him out if the kitchen light is off.

The reason I always have talked to him is because I once remarked to Bennis Fenter at Brent Lodge Wildlife Hospital that he always talked to the creatures he was treating and he said that it was because predators are silent. Of course.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Oct 2017 00:23

Of course!!
So even cursing the cat is better than not talking! :-D
(no, I don't really curse at my cats, I just *tut*, especially when Betty is being a 'Violet Elizabeth Bott') and of course, it makes ALL the difference in the world (not!)

I've never talked to next doors cat (who cr*ps on the grass and beats up George),
I just hiss and growl at it - because I'm a considerate predator and let it know I'm on the lookout :-D :-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 19 Oct 2017 19:06

what are cat bikkies ?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Oct 2017 19:13

It's in the dictionary :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Oct 2017 20:21

bikkies for cats :-D :-D :-D