General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christmas Bargains List.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 10 Nov 2017 19:55

Stop it, stop it, stop it with the chocs!!!

I've already waded through some dark chocolate cherry liqueurs that I bought for Christmas. :-0

And now ...... I bought some Thorntons choc mints and some red Lindors today. I don't fancy their chances ... :-D :-D :-D

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 10 Nov 2017 16:57

The works on line. 10 childrens books for £10. Good books too and big selection.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 10 Nov 2017 15:48

Christmas Crackers (ones that go crack, not the biscuits) half price.

edit. See I'm slowly going doolally...........sorry, its at Waitrose!!

:-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Nov 2017 10:40

Toy shop ‘The Entertainer’ had many 1/2 priced items yesterday.
They have an online presence -
http://www.thetoyshop.com

Hilary

Hilary Report 4 Nov 2017 10:11

All at Tescos.
Tins Roses, Quality Street etc 2 for £7.00.
1 Litre spirits £16.00.
1 Litre Baileys £12.00.

Annx

Annx Report 26 Oct 2017 17:56

Large foil Turkey tins are £1.50 at Tof's Factory shops. The same size foil tins were £3 at Asda's last night.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Oct 2017 16:23

Ancient mother in law has been receiving M&S pots & bulbs for about 10 years. She’s shown no recent signs of leaving this mortal coil ;-)
Perhaps some bright spark can write a research paper correlating receipt of said pot and subsequent life expectancy? :-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Oct 2017 15:59

my sister gave a set of M&S dec pots to ancient mother
she died soon afterwards
point taken

The co-op funerals are offering special deals and discounts Die twice and get one free?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Oct 2017 15:10

M&S have 3 for 2 on decorative pots with spring bulbs, amaryllis etc. They’re the sort of item you’d give a work colleague or ancient relative.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 25 Oct 2017 16:35

At least half the companies in the uk retail sector are financially stressed. The outlook is grim. So if you can wait until the new year when payment of tax and Q1 rents will find many in dire straits needing cash flow more than profit.

For "big ticket" items get them delivered as near same day as poss and don't use cash chq or debit card unless you can carry the item. Stuff such as sofas credit card only. Never use store credit with a shaky retailer cos if they go broke and fail to deliver the debt will not go away.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 25 Oct 2017 15:35

Sainsbury have 25% off 6 or more bottles of Wine, Champagne, Sparkling, Sherry or Port.

Hilary

Hilary Report 25 Oct 2017 10:00

Sainsburys clothing, which includes babies & childrens all 25% off. Usually finishes on Mondays.

Haribo

Haribo Report 20 Oct 2017 09:05

Many charity shops are selling their xmas cards at reduced price at the moment, come Nov, they will be full price.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 19 Oct 2017 13:01

M & S have 3 for 2 on cards and decorations.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 18 Oct 2017 12:20

Boots have 3 for 2

http://www.boots.com/christmas-shop/christmas-3-for-2

Von

Von Report 18 Oct 2017 11:52

Good plan Hilary. :-D
I haven't been shopping yet ;-)

Hilary

Hilary Report 18 Oct 2017 10:32

Thought it would be a good idea to do a post that we could put any christmas bargains on. It could be food drinks or toys etc. Feel free to add yours.
Sainsburys have toys for up to half price.