General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Passing of Senior Cat

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 18 Oct 2017 12:20

He gave his last cries at half past six this morning.

"When you sit close to a cat you know well, and put your hand on him, trying to adjust to the rhythms of his life, so different from yours, sometimes he will lift his head and greet you with a soft sound different from all his other sounds, acknowledging that you are trying to enter his existence. He looks at you with those eyes of his that continualy adjust to changes in light, you look at him, hand resting lightly. - The Passing of El Magnifico" Doris Lessing

He was more or less himself on Saturday, hoovering up a dish of mussels and jumping onto and sleeping on the bed. Drinking lots of Evian of course from an ancient small porcelain bowl he found just the right size.

On Monday he stopped eating and going outside opting instead for flopping around and keeping close. He was soft and friendly, keeping up appearances, right to the end. His sunshine will follow me for all of my days.
<3 <3 <3

fyi cremation Thursday 10am

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 18 Oct 2017 12:23

Pets never last long enough. He enjoyed life until the end that's important. Thoughts with you Rollo, not an easy time. <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Oct 2017 13:51

Bless him he gave you so much love and pleasure. Thinking of you as you must feel lost without him. <3

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 18 Oct 2017 14:00

Thinking of you and knowing how you feel right now :-(

Barbra

Barbra Report 18 Oct 2017 14:18

Rollo your cat was loved & he gave you unconditional love <3 Bless him

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Oct 2017 14:41

Sorry to hear senior cat has passed
He had a good home with you and he knew he was loved
It's always sad to lose a much loved pet

kandj

kandj Report 18 Oct 2017 14:43

Rollo, sadly another much loved family member has now gone but left very special memories for you and Mrs R to remember and treasure forever. So very sorry that you are going through such an upsetting time.

Annx

Annx Report 18 Oct 2017 15:40

So sorry to hear that he's gone, but, as you say, his sunshine will follow you for all of your days........what a lovely thought to leave you with. I'm glad he enjoyed life to the end, there is much comfort in that.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 18 Oct 2017 15:48

I am sorry you and Mrs Rollo are having to cope with yet more distress.

The loss of a much loved pet is always upsetting but he clearly had a happy life with you and gave and received a lot of affection. You did your very best for him.

Thinking of you <3

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 18 Oct 2017 15:59

I'm so sorry that you have lost him, but glad for the joy that knowing him has brought you.

Jane

Jane Report 18 Oct 2017 17:21

So sorry to hear he has gone :-( <3 You loved him, he loved you . What can be better .But so sad to have to say good bye .You couldn't have done more for him. <3

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 18 Oct 2017 17:41

So sorry SNR cat has gone to Rainbow Bridge but he was loved and he loved you.

Cherish all the memories you have with him. <3 <3 <3 <3

YG

YG Report 18 Oct 2017 18:09

So very sad that you have lost him at such a difficult time for you already, Rollo, but take comfort in knowing that you gave him so much love and couldn't have done more for him. Cherish all the happy memories of the life you had with him <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Oct 2017 23:32

Rollo, even tho you were expecting your old boy to go, it is still sad that his time with you came to an end, especially while you are going through so much emotion already.

I am glad you have lovely memories of Senior cat to look back on

Liz

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 19 Oct 2017 19:00

"What a luxury a cat is, the moments of shocking and startling pleasure in a day, the feel of the beast, the soft sleakness under your palm, the warmth when you wake on a cold night, the grace and charm in even an ordinary, workaday puss. Cat walks across your room and in that lonely stalk you see leopard or even panther, or it turns its head to acknowledge you and the yellow blaze of those eyes tells you what an exotic visitor you have here, in this household friend, the cat who purrs as you stroke, or rub his chin or scratch his head. "

Doris Lessing op cit

Snr Cat was sent off with ceremonies mid-morning looking his normal relaxed and laid back self with us and a few close fans paying respects. Afterwards we all had lunch where we talked cat stories and got squiffy for a couple of hours. The pet undertaker's bill was larger than that for lunch which says something about modern times I guess.

Coming back to his relics scattered around is a bit sad. OH has quickly tidied them all away. I have had a cat in my life for over 40 years this is day one as a free man not at the beck and call of cats. So far I do not rate it very highly. Waking up no cat is pretty bad. Getting to sleep without the usual fight over the duvet is even worse.

As things are so much in the air right now I guess I'll just have to get used to it for a while. I have been sneaking into cat cafes. They are cat vapes for those temporarily unemployed as cat butlers and chefs or with unsympathetic landlords..

Thank you for all your support.
miow

ps: I don't think that eleven is all that old for a cat these days, more late middle age. I had counted on several more years of servitude.

Haribo

Haribo Report 20 Oct 2017 09:22

What a lucky cat he was to have such a lovely mum like you, hope another cat will be luck enough to find you one day.

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Oct 2017 13:44

So sorry to read this today Rollo. He was indeed a lucky cat, and you his lucky companion of many happy days.

Thinking of you and family <3

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 20 Oct 2017 14:17

thank you for your kind thoughts
the luck and the loss are all mine he was destined to be a ring lord

I first saw him as a kitten in the Welsh valleys. He had resisted every possible sale by the breeder with all the force of his teeth claws and lusty lungs. So much so that he had provisionaly been given to breeder's daughter. I was expecting to take his brother. Instead SC suddenly took a flying leap onto my soft leather jacket hanging on for dear life starting a long chain of destruction. So he chose for himself. He was a true gourmet and responded better to French than English. This endeared him to OH who thought he may be a reincarnated chef. He loved to watch food prep even for desserts and such.

sic transit gloria mundi

kandj

kandj Report 20 Oct 2017 16:48

Rollo, Senior Cat has had a very blessed life and has left you and Mrs R with very many happy times to think back and recall special times spent together. Take care.

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 1 Nov 2017 16:32

Rollo I'm so very sorry to read of the passing of Snr cat, I know how much he was loved and he had a great life with you and Mrs. R, it's never easy saying goodbye to a much loved member of the family, you have so many happy memories to look back on, and perhaps in time you and Mrs R will feel able to offer your home to another cat. Thinking of you, take care.