General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Site Down ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 28 Oct 2017 20:21

Could anyone please confirm whether the site is down or not as I am unable to access my tree. Many thanks

Annx

Annx Report 28 Oct 2017 20:25

Me too Mark! I have been trying for hours and it will not load. I keep getting the error message when I try to post as well. :-S

Mark

Mark Report 28 Oct 2017 20:29

Great, well not great but you know what I mean, I thought it was just my pc but thankfully not. Back in the morning it looks like :-(

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 Oct 2017 20:29

Can't get into tree again .. not that I'd like to or anything what with if it being a weekend and all!!

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 28 Oct 2017 21:20

Yep it is. :-|

Greentiedmonster

Greentiedmonster Report 28 Oct 2017 21:40

It seems to be happening regularly, and always at a time or day when there is no-one to fix it

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 Oct 2017 21:56

Maybe someone pulls a plug out by accident on the weekend, you know the cleaner looking for somewhere to plug the hoover into ... :-D

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 28 Oct 2017 22:01

:-D :-D :-D

Amanda

Amanda Report 28 Oct 2017 22:18

Hi all, this is my first time posting.
I too am having problems, I can't view family trees or load some pages.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Oct 2017 01:24

Yea but no but - the site still says 'no' :-|

Merv

Merv Report 29 Oct 2017 07:32

Hi everyone,
My tree will not load either,very frustrating.
Have contacted the support team,but don't expect a reply until tomorrow at the earliest!!!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 29 Oct 2017 08:35

still waiting...........

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Oct 2017 09:44

A good reason to have a duplicate tree off line. :-0

Karen

Karen Report 29 Oct 2017 10:58

I've not been able to get on my family tree for over 2 days now

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 29 Oct 2017 11:13

The whole javascript that runs the tree is successfully downloaded to the user device. After that it should pick up the user data from the server and display the tree. For two days the script just sits waiting for data.

Thus yet again Microsoft IIS SQL server is doing what it does best, nothing.

There is no expertise at all in GR/FMP to deal with this. They will get the nice man or woman round from BrightSolid to fix it on Monday or Tuesday, depending on when they get around to reading the support mail. All will then be well for a bit.

If GR was a car it wuld be a poorly maintained Saxo "shed" abused by the bad boys just waiting for the feds to deal with it. It is showing all the classic signs of web site termination - look what the same crowd did to FriendsUnited. One day they won't bother to fix it.

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Oct 2017 11:49

I'm having the same problem, i thought it was just my end but nope, it's not me for once lol.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Oct 2017 12:23

Its back....for the moment.

If you only have your tree on this site, please, please, consider having a maintained copy somewhere else.

It could be a free or low cost downloaded Tree programme on your own device, or a 'free' membership elsewhere.

Belt and Braces, guys and gels!

McAlp

McAlp Report 29 Oct 2017 12:24

Mine is working !!
Ann

Snap Detective ;-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 29 Oct 2017 12:26

Yep the cleaner put the plug back until next time ...

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Oct 2017 12:42

:-D :-D :-D