General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Remembrance

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 11 Nov 2017 09:21

Please remember to think of all our fallen servicemen and women at 11am today.
<3.

Please fell free to add your relatives names

We will Remember

Remembering. Robert Stocker aged 21, Herbert Stocker his brother 21, Lawrence Huckle his Brother in law aged 25 leaving a wife and 3 very young children,

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 11 Nov 2017 09:50

Their names live on .......

Arthur Mann Linge

Arthur James Linge

Ernest Henry Linge

Herbert Linge

Richard Gorton Guest

George Hesketh Robinson

Norman Ernest Robinson

<3

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Nov 2017 09:52

<3 <3 <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 11 Nov 2017 11:00

<3 <3 <3

kandj

kandj Report 11 Nov 2017 11:02

We Will Remember Them xxx

Londonbelle

Londonbelle Report 11 Nov 2017 11:41

Remembering my Great Uncle

Harold William Arnold killed 27 June 1917 a few days after his 22nd Birthday. <3

welshbird201

welshbird201 Report 11 Nov 2017 13:18

Remembering my Grandma's cousin Huw Evans died 28.11.1917 in Greece. xx

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Nov 2017 15:28

Remembering my Great Uncle

Cpl. Alec John Kill, killed in action 22nd November 1915 in Mesopotamia (Iraq) aged 25.

Kath. x

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Nov 2017 15:37

Remembering:

My g g grandfather, Louis Baggott, killed by enemy fire in Aldeburgh 16.12.42 aged 91
His grandson, my great uncle, Lance Corporal Edwin Prior killed on active service 25.02.45 aged 29, leaving behind a pregnant wife, who, soon after her husband's death, gave birth to a stillborn daughter

My grandfather Cmdr William Nicholas, came out of retirement, and killed on active service, HMS Britannia II 26.04.41 aged 55

<3

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 11 Nov 2017 20:50

My Uncle who was killed 26th September 1917 in Paschendele aged 25 yrs

RIP Uncle and all who have died fighting for OUR FREEDOM.

May God bless you All

Lottiesgran

Lottiesgran Report 11 Nov 2017 23:11

My two great uncles
Joseph Robert Robinson Coldstream Guards and
Joseph Atkin Lincolnshire Regt

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 12 Nov 2017 08:48

Nudge for today <3

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 12 Nov 2017 11:58

Dear LaGooner and All

Hello

I would like to add my great-uncle.

Harry Manner, who died in World War Two

Always remembered with love.

Thank you for adding this thread LaGooner. <3

Sincere wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 12 Nov 2017 12:33

My granny had four brothers. Three joined the armed forces - not called up. One served on HMS Natal which blew up Dec 30 1915 in Scotland. A lot of children on board for a party died too. I still have the silver Natal medal. Two more brothers died in Flanders. The last must have been to an advance screening of "Private Ryan". He emigrated to California in 1913 fearing war. All the same he was called up to the US Army in 1917 and fought in France. He was wounded. While in field hospital the brass and US press discovered that all of his brothers had been killed. He did not return to active duty but was returned to California in 1919.

<3

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 12 Nov 2017 16:00

How sad that your granny lost 3 of her 4 brothers Rollo.

I would like to remember Stanley Elsegood, Frank Game, Percy Game, Reginald Game, Walter Game and Alfred Harvey. These are all from my family and died between 1916 and 1919.

From OH's family I remember Edward Champion who was lost at sea in 1914 when HMS Pathfinder was torpedoed.

I would also like to remember someone more recent. I won't name him as it would make his family easy to trace. This man was in the Navy and served in the Falklands where he lost friends and crew mates. He continued to serve in the Navy for a number of years, eventually retiring and working as a civilian. He found life difficult after the Falklands but no-one knew how bad things were. Without giving details, a few years ago he took his own life. He could no longer cope.

So it is right to honour those who gave their lives but we must also remember those who survived but whose lives were never the same again.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 12 Nov 2017 20:54

I totally agree with your last statement Vera. We should honour all those who fought and indeed are still fighting . God Bless them all and keep them safe <3