General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Today could be the day

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Jan 2018 14:37

OH has just come in with a bag of chick crumbs and some cat meat and I am to ring the cat and rabbit rescue place later to see how my boy is and when he can come to live with us.

Oh how exciting!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2018 14:40

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Though I expect he's a bit sore at the moment :-S

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Jan 2018 14:45

It will teach him not to steal from my kitchen!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2018 23:20

You don't mean that!! :-S
Poor boy leans down to clean his cullions - and finds them missing :-D :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KwIyyPpdWY

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Jan 2018 17:16

Looks like it will be Tuesday. The rescue centre are having him vaccinated for me and the vet wants him to have a rest before that happens after the anaesthetic.

So, my life is my own for a couple more days then.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Jan 2018 17:25

So, collect precious quilt on Monday, and new cat Tuesday........... :-S

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Jan 2018 17:40

And my dehydrator came yesterday.

It's all too much for me.

Of course, when the quilt comes home, I do have forty feet of sewing to do.Can't wait!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 6 Jan 2018 17:54

Sharron smother yourself in Catnip and puss will not be able to resist slobbering all over you,,they love it.....even on their food.

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Jan 2018 18:03

He will get in the way of my sewing!

I think I might smell of catnip anyway, just naturally, I seem to be a magnet for stray cats.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 6 Jan 2018 18:49

Are my cat's weird then :-S :-S :-S They don't like or go near anything catnip :-0

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Jan 2018 19:55

I did buy a catnip toy once and none of them were ever very interested in it but a neighbour grew a patch of it and they used to go for a bit of a roll from time to time.

I have only ever ad one that would play with toys, the others all gained more pleasure from watching me wave them about like some breed of mad woman with nothing better to do.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 6 Jan 2018 20:15

I have a plant of it in the garden and they go nowhere near it. The youngest one loves toys and has a box full of all sorts :-D :-D. The other one is now 15 and she is quite happy to sit watching him be an absolute idiot :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Jan 2018 20:18

I've never had a cat that likes catnip either.
Apparently, it's a genetic thing and only 50% are affected.
However, honeysuckle is sometimes liked by those who don't like catnip.
George regularly sprays the one n my garden (possession?), but it means I never suggest visitors smell it :-S

(yes, I know neutered tom's spray doesn't smell much, but he regularly ends up on his front 2 legs trying to get it as high as possible - and believe me - that's pretty high!!)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jan 2018 22:46

You must get a photo, Maggie

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Jan 2018 23:25

Yes, not a thing I usually think of photographing - the cat marking his territory!!
But I will try when I get my camera back (left in the drivers car on my drunken return form a get together), and probably when it's a bit warmer - when the honeysuckles out, and it's not so cold.
He only runs out and in as soon as possible at the moment - a bit cold for garden ballet!
:-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Jan 2018 00:17

some cats also like kiwi vines ................ apparently they contain a chemical that is very close to the one in catnip.

We have 2 kiwi vines in our garden ( male and a female), growing on a 7-8' tall trellis.

One of the cats that used to live next door, would climb to the top of the T-bar, and lie there rubbing his face on the leaves.

Both would go after the cuttings when OH trimmed the vines ... they preferred the new leaves near the tip.

These 2 did just rub their faces on the leaves ................ but in NZ, some growers found that cats would strip the bark from the stems/trunks.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Jan 2018 22:27

I think if mine stripped the new leaves off the honeysuckle - I wouldn't notice!! :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Jan 2018 01:18

OH went to bed early so he can get up early in the morning because he wants to finish his work in time to go and pick up new pussy.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Jan 2018 03:33

so he is just as keen as you to have him?

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Jan 2018 10:23

Maybe more so I think.

At least he is not like Fred who hated cats with a vengeance, he said. His hatred was such that he would only feed the first one I rescued on freshly boiled cod or chicken in the morning and the last one didn't know how to walk from room to room because he was conveyed there on the table of the old man's wheelchair.