General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Not a sign.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Feb 2018 13:22

Of any snow here.

We had one or two twiddly little flakes yesterday but it doesn't show any sign at all of there being any more.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Feb 2018 13:25

I think it may be a different story down here in the South tomorrow and Friday, at least that is what the met are saying.

MillymollyAmanda

MillymollyAmanda Report 28 Feb 2018 13:28

We've had a good lot here in Norfolk ,must be four or five inches laying , lots of schools closed and no buses running .
But we're keeping nice and warm with the woodburner .

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Feb 2018 13:37

We so rarely get any.

The downs shelter us to the north and, where we stick out into the sea, we are a little bit too warm for snow quite often.

The last time we had a really significant fall was 1987 when I had a paper round and it took me eight hours to do. Snow had fallen and the wind took it from the fields and deposited it across the main road so I had to skid round the back roads with the Daily Telegraphs.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Feb 2018 13:43

It's settled on the grass here, roads look clear, but the wind is blowing hard.

Daughter in Worthing has had quite a lot.
As Ann says, I think we're due the worst tomorrow and Friday.

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 28 Feb 2018 14:06

we have snow
iv been waiting 3 years to take grandson to school in his slay
this morning he was so happy
cheeky thing was even calling me dasher

:-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Feb 2018 14:06

Worthing is a different micro-climate to us.

I remember leaving here with no snow anywhere one morning and, by the time I was at Shoreham, the snow ploughs had been out the previous night and had it heaped up on the side of the road.

David

David Report 28 Feb 2018 15:42

We've snow, and we just had thunder :-0

Iris

Iris Report 28 Feb 2018 15:43

it bad here ,just off the A21, about 5 inches on the drive ,my husband wont clear it until he needs to use his van (we own the drive ,but 5 other house's have right of way over it ) they of course just plough up and down through it .buy a bag of salt to help us out ,nooooo way :-)

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 28 Feb 2018 16:23

It's been snowing hard here most of the day, although it wasn't supposed to reach us (on the West Coast) until tomorrow. At the moment the roads are still clear, but how long that will last once the traffic stops is anyone's guess. Fortunately we don't have to go anywhere.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 28 Feb 2018 16:48

Lots of snow here. Looks like about 6" so far but it is snowing again at the moment and has been snowing hard on and off all day. I think it will be lethal tomorrow when everything has iced over. Stay safe everyone.

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 28 Feb 2018 17:06

We have got a good lot in my bit of Aberdeenshire.
The road (dirt track!) that leads up to our property was passable earlier today but there are a couple of snow reeves building up across it where the snow is blowing off the fields!
If no-one helps us out with a tractor to clear the reeves then we won't be able to get out & do any shopping tomorrow!! & our recent order for Heating Oil is also likely to be held up as well.
Fingers crossed that the power stays on!

Hate snow.

Joan.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 Feb 2018 17:15

We've had lots in Teesside. About 5 inches laying at the moment (except for the main roads), and it's very icy underneath. One minute the sun is shining and the next it's dark and like a blizzard.

Kath. x

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 28 Feb 2018 18:14

We have really heavy snow with blizzards every few hours.

Ive never seen anything like it before and living in one of the highest towns in Lanarkshire, we are used to heavy snow
Last night and at least 5 times today the blizzard was so intense that visibility was .... NIL!
We opened the front door and couldn't see past the door step.
It was like a white screen

Very odd that Glasgow City Centre is also really bad.
The snow never lies there?
My daughter left Paisley this morning at 7.30am
She managed to drive a whole half a mile (downhill) before she abandoned her car and walked the whole half mile, (uphill), home. LOL

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 28 Feb 2018 18:36

We have plenty of the White stuff here in Yorkshire.about 7 /8 inch.
Keep getting Whiteouts every half hour and can't see the cars on the little layby outside of the bungalows.

Sharon You will more than likely get more than what you want Friday and Saturday as Storm Emma is coming your way from Portugal.
Lets all know if you do/don't

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Feb 2018 19:07

I have as much as I want already, thank you.

Don't care anyway. I don't do the paper round any more.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Mar 2018 01:36

Plenty here in Norwich, what little melted in sunshine has frozen agaIn so it's treacherous out.

This morning, Thursday, is the day of my son's friend's funeral. There are people flying in from Germany, I do hope they have arrived safely and everyone can get to the crematorium to say their goodbyes and pay their respects.

My friend's husband should be flying back home to Germany this morning, leaving Lou here in their apartment. He should come back in three weeks when they plan to visit Scotlamd for a couple of weeks, somewhere Heinz hasn't been before. I hope his flight goes today so delays don''t upset their future plans.

Personally I plan to stay inside, safe and warm - I am scared of falling over as I did a few years back, when I ended up with post concussion syndrome for weeks.

Stay warm and safe everyone

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Mar 2018 08:53

We now have laying snow - about 2cm!!

Liz, a friend who lives in Norfolk drove back from London yesterday, and posted pictures on FB of the road between Filby and Ormesby at about 7pm - it looked horrific :-S

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 1 Mar 2018 12:18

Bognor Regis...... Had snow for the last three mornings but. only a very thin coating which melted by 11.00.

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Mar 2018 12:29

Little bit hanging about over here too Malcolm.

To be fair, we probably had the snow you are talking about but I was not up to see it.