General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TalkTalk Email

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 18 May 2018 13:28

Just a quick question to ask if anyone else is experiencing any difficulties in accessing their e-mails today. Thanks

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 May 2018 17:22

Don't know if this thread is relevant. One of the posters said that AOL (which the thread was about) is now TalkTalk

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1372087

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 19 May 2018 09:14

I was talking to a neighbour Thursday who had trouble with his Talk Talk emails, he was going to google and using a third party email. We didn't go into it much further it was just in passing.
Several people I know have left Talk Talk seems they are cheep, but you get what you pay for :-(

I am with Sky seems pretty good as providers go.
Never use the Sky emails though, stick with third party.

Try Gmail or Yahoo. ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 19 May 2018 10:19

I have been with Talk Talk for several years and they've been absolutely fine.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 21 May 2018 09:30

I'm with Talk Talk for B/B and Aol for emails...in the past I've complained about the BB speed being like cold treacle , however I recently had the opportunity of using a " light Speed" Bb...and it is still slow... conclusion? its the lappie that's the problem!..

Annx

Annx Report 21 May 2018 14:46

I've been with Talktalk for about 10 years and never had any trouble with emails till that hacking episode a while back. Since then, although I have no trouble accessing my emails, some of my emails go to my 'INBOX' and some go straight to 'TRASH' and that includes new contacts who send me emails too. So it is like having two 'INBOXES' and having to check both since then which is a nuisance! :-|

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 21 May 2018 17:42

Talk Talk use a router from Huwei which is nothing wonderful.
This is about to be replaced with a new design from Sagem with much better performance. It is well worth the £ 30 upgrade cost. New users get it by default.

Annx

Annx Report 21 May 2018 18:56

Yes, just checked and mine is one of those Huwei ones Rollo!