General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

POINTLESS

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 7 Jun 2018 17:24

Why does Andrew Alexander insist on reading every question twice ?

Does he think everyone's deef ? or does he like the sound of his own voice ?

Dermot

Dermot Report 7 Jun 2018 17:37

Pardon? :-D

I always felt that Bamber Gascoigne of University Challenge fame mumbled a little too much.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jun 2018 17:41

Do you mean Alexander Armstrong, David?

David

David Report 7 Jun 2018 17:43

Sorry, I thought that was his name, the Pointless presenter

Von

Von Report 7 Jun 2018 17:45

Such a pointless programme so never watch it ;-) ;-) ;-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 7 Jun 2018 23:42

I love Pointless, but I must admit I often wonder why the questions are read out twice. I'm sure it's just the format of the programme and meant to fill out the 45 minutes of time they have.

Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman are very funny if you get their sense of humour, and I could listen to Alexander's singing voice forever.

Kath. x

Linda

Linda Report 7 Jun 2018 23:56

I love Pointless but I must say whenever Alexander Armstrong repeats the question I feel like screaming at the TV I've heard it once I don't need to hear it again :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Jun 2018 00:07

I suppose it could be to allow the contestants some 'think' time.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Jun 2018 00:30

I know its the point of the program/game, but why do these presenters HAVE to repeat the obvious/???

similar to comments on tipping point?

David

David Report 8 Jun 2018 04:23

If he only asked once, he'd be able to ask twice as many questions ?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Jun 2018 08:55

mind you, having said that,

some of the first responses, mean that the contestant hasn't listened to, /or understood the Question properly.

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 8 Jun 2018 10:30

Why does he ask what people do for a living every time? If he asked me that I would ask him what's it got to do with him or anybody else.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Jun 2018 10:35

Oh! another thing on quiz shows... why is there that 5-10 second wait to see if an answer given, is correct, or not? (ie The Chase, Tipping point...)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 8 Jun 2018 10:42

Dramatic license :-\

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jun 2018 10:48

By the time has read out the bottom one, I have forgotten the first one so I am quite glad he goes over them again as I am sure I would be if I were blind.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 8 Jun 2018 10:52

I used to enjoy watching Pointless with my late mother. It is a clever and well put together show along with some others such as "the Chase".

David

David Report 8 Jun 2018 22:28

Countdown's never been the same since Richard Whiteley bowed out :-(

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Jun 2018 23:08

Don't like the banter between the presenters .Think Richard should do programme on his own { Pointless } :-)

David

David Report 9 Jun 2018 07:12

Hughie Green used to hold an audience, there was nothing else on.

Kense

Kense Report 9 Jun 2018 20:05

Jedward are on now. Aren't they annoying?