General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Daft things

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 26 Jun 2018 15:05

What's the daftest thing you've ever said or done ?

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 26 Jun 2018 15:12

Used a teastrainer when the tea was made with teabags. :-(

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 26 Jun 2018 17:38

I've done many, lol. but the worse one that always springs to mind is at the wake after my mums funeral I asked my godmother who was then in her late eighties how her dad was. OOPs. :-0

David

David Report 26 Jun 2018 17:50

As a boy I admired my grand father's heavy silver pocket watch.

One evening I said, without thinking "can I have your watch when you die ?"

This would have been in approx 1955. In 1990 my Mother died. While disposing of her clothes and furniture I came across a little case under my late Father's bed.

Inside was the silver pocket watch. I gave it to my Aunt May.

Annx

Annx Report 26 Jun 2018 18:09

Gone to work in odd shoes, one black, one navy blue. The best thing was the heel on one shoe was half an inch higher than on the other! :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Jun 2018 18:16

Annx, I’ve done that, twice :-D :-D
Once was on a day trip to Calais & the other to the local village. FB was up & running by then; youngest was threatened with dire consequences if she posted what daft mum had done :-( :-D

Apart from that, there’s been turning the ‘top oven’ on instead of the ‘bottom’ one & wondering why there weren’t any cooking smells.
Discovering the dried pasta in the freezer. Can’t even blame menopause for that!

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 26 Jun 2018 18:36

Thankyou for your replies, it's nice to know it's not just me who does the daftest things :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Jun 2018 18:49

Trying to look on the internet to see why the broadband went off :-0 :-S :-S :-S

Florence61

Florence61 Report 26 Jun 2018 20:27

Switching on the bathroom light when there was a power cut!!
Going swimming in local pool and forgot to put a towel in my bag, so had to use my tshirt to dry instead and then drip dry!

Squirted hairspray under my arm instead of deodourant...was very sticky!

Picked up the remote control and said hello instead of mobile!

Oh yes ive done a few daft things...hehe

Florence
in the hebrides :-D :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 26 Jun 2018 22:39

Mine was as recent as last Sunday. I went to delete a phone number from our cordless phone and managed to delete the entire phonebook.

Very daft and very frustrating as not only do I now have to enter all the active numbers we use, but until that is done we have no number identification showing :-| :-|

As Captain Mainwaring would have said, "Stupid boy!" :-D :-D :-D

On the plus side the house is nice and quiet as OH is no longer speaking to me ;-) :-D :-D :-D

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 26 Jun 2018 23:03

Trying to put out a fire in the kitchen with a polyester blanket.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Jun 2018 00:04

Ooooh-err, Sheila!

I regularly try to make phone calls on my TV remote, instead of my landline phone (same colour, same shape, same size) :-(

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 27 Jun 2018 06:35

im alway doing daft things

kids got me a new watch for my birthday
i had it on for to days befor i told them thay need to take it back to shop as it dont work

there like no mum you have to connet it to bluetooth
as its a fitbit well they could of told me that

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 27 Jun 2018 15:01

I once took a wind up watch to have a new battery fitted :-S

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Jun 2018 15:45

We had a male family friend who had a young son

My elder sister and I queued up at the local odeon for a popular film and an usher would come and say room for one etc

I thought I would pull rank and get preferential treatment by saying hi Ray how is little Ray ??
He looked puzzled and I went all confused . Sister had to say sorry she thought you were someone else

Must say he was the spitting image of the guy we knew .a doppelgänger

:-(

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 27 Jun 2018 16:07

When I was young, and cool and trendy (in my mind) I went to work, on the bus, with two pink rollers in my hair.

I was mortified!!

:-D :-D

BrianW

BrianW Report 27 Jun 2018 16:47

Plenty, including getting into the caravan before putting the back legs down so it (fairly) tipped backwards with its nose in the air.
Cub camp with a glass of whisky in one hand and one of water in the other to damp down the barbie. Threw the wrong one on the barbie which produced a fireball. Fortunately it was in the open and not under an awning.

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 27 Jun 2018 20:16

I once took a phone message from a Mr Kipper, who's name was actually Mr Tipper :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Jun 2018 20:39

Was only talking about this on Monday. We had gone on to Hayling Island to find a suitable cafe for the old biddies and were having a look down Eaststoke where, many years ago, I used to deliver to a garage.

There was heavy rain and the road had flooded which held up the traffic and, for reasons I really cannot explain, I stepped from my van to go to the back door while I was in the queue and the water came above my ankles!

Naturally, one of the lads from the garage just happened to be going in the other direction because you can't do anything that silly without being seen. It was mentioned the next time I delivered there, and the next, and the time after that!

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 27 Jun 2018 22:34

Two other daft things I've said are
Salami women instead of Somali
Liberal Demerclarts instead of Democrats :-) :-S