General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Making a contact

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 9 Aug 2018 21:38

I’m new to this site and am sadly struggling!

I have had contact from someone via another genealogy site who’s wife is somehow related to me, however, how can I find him on GR to make contact and see his tree ?

Many thanks,

Janet

Kay????

Kay???? Report 9 Aug 2018 21:57

Only if he is a member of GR can he be contacted via this site,

Use the top right Search,scroll and click on,,,,,,,,Search all members trees,enter the details of the person you and his wife are somehow connected to...

contact can be made about the entry by clicking on the persons name to the right,maybe the name of your contact will show by the named entry>?

ie-------,,,,,,John Smith---London 1860......... click .tree owner,......,,,,,,,David Brown.

Janet

Janet Report 9 Aug 2018 22:46

Thank you, I’ll have a try!

Inky1

Inky1 Report 10 Aug 2018 07:37

As indicated on this other very recent thread, not all members have a tree here:-

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1373269

Has this person stated that he has a tree on GR?

If you have a tree somewhere (on your computer or another site) I suggest that you upload a .ged of it to GR. You may then find tree matches with other members.