General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sausage Sandwich Glad

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Sep 2018 10:36

Glad always used to go out on the bus with Fred and his mate, one of the sausage sandwich gang and now, at ninety-eight, she is the oldest person in the village, a veritable institution.

After Fred left for the sausage sandwich emporium in the sky (if he is lucky!), she and his mate carried on their weekly trip.

I don't know the details, and this is what worries me, but Glad has not been on the bus for a couple of weeks because her daughter has had to take her for a doctor's appointment and now she is going to have a scan.

A little knowledge is a big worry but we don't want to lose Glad, not Glad, she has always been there.Not yet, she's only 98, what would we do without her?

David

David Report 13 Sep 2018 11:58

It is good of you to be concerned about her welfare <3

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Sep 2018 13:32

sorry to say this but being the "oldest person in the village" puts a target on your back.....there is always some younger upstart willing to take your place......

only 98? plenty more sausage sandwich time!!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 13 Sep 2018 14:01

Aw Sharron, that's a worry. I hope you will find out something soon. Would you consider walking round to her house to check on her? or is that something you wouldn't like to do?

Here's hoping it's nothing serious. Let us know the when you have news.

Florence in the hebrides

Caroline

Caroline Report 13 Sep 2018 14:29

You could call on her with a sausage sandwich.

Allan

Allan Report 13 Sep 2018 22:21

Home made sausage sandwiches are not the same.

I remember my winter days on the Fish Docks at Grimsby having just finished my fish inspection duties at about 9.00am, having been in the cold from 5.00am; go into the café a couple of doors from the office, cut through the smoke and fug and have a nice greasy sausage sandwich and a mug of tea you could have used as varnish it was so strong.

True comfort! :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Sep 2018 00:19

The only thing better...bacon sandwiches.....

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Sep 2018 03:53

my vote goes to bacon sandwiches ........ always known in Lancashire as bacon butties :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Sep 2018 05:27

I would choose bacon sarnies too lol

I hope Glad is ok and doesn't have anything seriously wrong with her, so she can continue on her outings.

Lizxx

David

David Report 14 Sep 2018 05:45

At least you know what's in a bacon sarnie, do you know what's in a sausage ;-)

Allan

Allan Report 14 Sep 2018 09:40

Who cares, David, that's part of the excitement...and taste ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Sep 2018 10:59

I think if we clarify it would be a good sausage sandwich no cheap rubbish and name brand ketchup or brown sauce to taste....but yes in my book as much as I like sausage sandwiches a good hot bacon sandwich/buttie or even bun fresh from the stall at the market on a cold day beats them all.

Back to the main part of the thread......Sharron any news yet on Glad?

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Sep 2018 13:02

I think she goes for her scan next week.

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Sep 2018 13:08

I wonder if at 98 she'd like to know she has Worldwide attention right now?

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 14 Sep 2018 18:06

Should we start a fan club?

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Sep 2018 18:18

She was one of Fred's sidekicks.

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Sep 2018 18:40

I think she deserves a fan club then :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Sep 2018 23:50

Definitely! :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 15 Sep 2018 00:41

:-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Sep 2018 00:50

I nearly gave in ..... and made myself a bacon buttie for lunch

It has been rather cool and damp here.

But I resisted!!!