General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Profile pic upside down

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 25 Oct 2018 22:46

Can anyone tell me please why when I upload a new picture as my avatar/profile, its either completely upside down or on its side yet the original is up the correct way?

Im baffled

Suggestions please

Florence in the hebrides :-S

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 26 Oct 2018 15:23

Someone else had this problem a while back, but I can't remember if it got solved.

Have you tried turning it upside down before you upload it? :-) :-)

You never know, it might work!! :-D

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 26 Oct 2018 16:23

I was the one with the problem. I just gave up as it was only one picture that was upside down. I could change my avatar to any other photo and they showed the right way up. There was some advice from Rollo on my thread though I never tried his suggestion. The link to the thread is:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1371603

Good luck with it Florence

Florence61

Florence61 Report 26 Oct 2018 19:39

Oh dear tried turning it upside down and then uploading but as you can see...still upside down!

never mind thnks for your tips.i shall keep trying.

Florence in the hebrides :-S

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Oct 2018 19:50

Maybe try another photo see how that downloads .good luck Barbara .

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Oct 2018 22:54

Could you 'copy' it, save it, and try again?

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 27 Oct 2018 10:52

open the image in a decent image editor ( eg: IrfanView, free ) and then select " Image | vertical flip", Save

the most common reasons for this happening is (a) scanning a picture upside down in the first place and (b) GR image display routine is an apple short of a picnic. Most user level image routines pick up that the image is upside down and invert it automatically.

Make sure that the size of yr image conforms with GR specs.

enjoy

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 27 Oct 2018 15:40

Couldn't help but smile as it brought back memories of about 20+ years ago when my kids clicked the buttons to change my words upside down when I started to type. :-D

Foxed me ..... but not for long! :-D