General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rehab

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 10 Nov 2018 21:00

Well, I'm back from sixteen nights in rehab. :-0

it is often said that reality is a state of mind brought on by a lack of booze, although in my case I still can't see the difference.

However, it did not stop me walking into a solid glass wall towards the end of my stint, much to the amusement and glee of some sixteen people in the reception area, including my OH who led the hysterical laughter :-| :-|

Island

Island Report 10 Nov 2018 21:39

:-0 Errrmm……..welcome back, it's been quiet without you. :-D

Allan

Allan Report 10 Nov 2018 21:50

It's a long story, Island, but one worth telling ;-) :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 10 Nov 2018 21:54

Oh go on, you know you want to LOL

I kid you not, there's been tumbleweed blowing through here :-0

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 10 Nov 2018 21:54

Well I for one can't wait to hear it!

Welcome back Allan :-D :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 10 Nov 2018 21:55

Hang on while I get the pop corn

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Nov 2018 22:01

welcome back, Allan

It has been quiet without you!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Nov 2018 22:11

Welcome back :-D

How's your nose?

Allan

Allan Report 10 Nov 2018 22:17

Thank you, all.

It has been difficult not being allowed to communicate with the outside world :-(

We only found out about the earthquake on our journey home :-0

And, for shame, we must be the only couple banned from a Cruise line for not spending a minimum amount on alcohol!

We spent, over an eight night cruise, the grand sum of $20.50 on drinks after the conversion from American to Australian dollars and we went down hill from there!

Allan

Allan Report 10 Nov 2018 22:18

Maggie, my nose was not as bruised as my ego ;-) :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Nov 2018 22:22

:-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 10 Nov 2018 22:24

I did offer to wipe off the blood :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Nov 2018 00:03

Very good of you!! :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 11 Nov 2018 11:57

The journey did not get off to a good start! :-(

And from there it went rapidly downhill :-0

Caroline

Caroline Report 11 Nov 2018 12:06

Welcome back....sitting comfortably waiting for the tale of daring dos and adventures.....

Allan

Allan Report 11 Nov 2018 12:37

Yes, well, we didn't sail the Spanish Main, but the journey was certainly doomed from the start :-|

The day before our epic voyage we received a message that the ship would be delayed owing to a medical emergency that required it to divert to a spot closer to WA than the original voyage intended.

This meant that rather than arriving at Fremantle at 0700 the ship would not arrive until 1530.

Yeh, sure!

It's too traumatic at the moment so I will compose myself and begin my tale tomorrow :-0

:-D :-D :-D

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 11 Nov 2018 16:12

Gulp down a big glass of red Allan, then relax :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Nov 2018 16:20

Piling on the agony here Allan!! :-D We are waiting oh so patiently.

Allan

Allan Report 11 Nov 2018 20:49

The ship, which commenced its voyage in Singapore, was not expected to arrive until 1500 instead of the originally planned time of 0700

Our original time of embarkation was 1130, but in the phone call received from the travel agents advising of the delay we were informed that the new time was now anytime between 1700 and 2200.

Thus we put plan D into action. :-0

Plan A was for our son to drive us to the passenger terminal in Fremantle drop us off and return home, a round trip taking about four hours.

Plan D involved him taking us to Mandurah were we could catch the train to Perth and then one to Fremantle. The Fremantle Passenger Terminal being some few hundred metres from the Station.

Thus our journey began!

Plan D was efficiently put into effect :-)

We made it to Mandurah, and then to Fremantle arriving at about 1400. OH went off to organise some food whilst I stayed with the cases to ward off any attacks by the unruly natives.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 12 Nov 2018 09:55

AND :-S ;-) :-D