General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Latest twig to tree added no good start though

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 6 Jan 2019 10:51

Friday night 4th Jan we added another twig to our tree in form of Grandson number 2. He was born 3 weeks early weighing 5lb 7oz and is called George. Unfortunately his breathing wasn't good and couldn't keep his temp so was taken to special care. Overnight last night he went downhill more and his lung filled with fluid and was leaking so has been drained and drugs given to plug the wholes. He was then transferred first thing this morning to Heartlands hospital in Birmingham. Mum and dad have been home had a snooze showered and feeling better and now have dropped his big brother off and gone to visit George.

They manual on parenting doesn't have a section that says how you are meant to deal with the pain your child is obviously going through

UPDATE

George is now back at our local hospital finally after a week his lung healed. hopefully if transfer swabs come back clear he can move to a cot rather than incubator and then sort his feeding and come home. Finally got to see him yesterday so seems more real still waiting for cuddles but actually seeing him was so good.

Update 18th Jan
Yeahhhhh hes come home.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 6 Jan 2019 10:55

I'm sure everything will be done to help him, so awful for the parents and the rest of the family.

Thinking of you all <3

Madge

Madge Report 6 Jan 2019 10:59

Thinking of you Dawnie and the family xxx

Get well soon George this time next year you will be dragging everything out of your mums cupboards <3 <3 <3

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 6 Jan 2019 14:25

Congrats Dawnie and S also to the parents.

Fingers crossed George will be out of NICU really soon for some proper cuddles.

Me and him

xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jan 2019 14:31

Lots of congratulations Dawnie and to the rest of the family. It is a worrying time but he is obviously in the best place. Hard for you as you worry about your grandson and also worry about your daughter and, as you say, feel her pain.

Fingers crossed that they can heal the hole and get him out of NICU.

Lots of love. <3 <3 <3 <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Jan 2019 15:33

A lovely addition to your family, but such a worrying time.

Holding you and all your whole family in my thoughts and prayers Dawnie.

I hope young George is soon a lot better and back with his family.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Jan 2019 18:05

Congratulations, and all fingers and toes crossed that George will be fine and home soon xxxx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 7 Jan 2019 14:48

Congratulations to you all
Fingers crossed George is on the mend real soon xxx <3 <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Jan 2019 17:27

Congratulations to all the family

Hoping little George will on the mend quickly

A worrying time for all when its also a wonderful time

take care <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jan 2019 22:54

Congratulations to you all - and a fantastic name!
If I had had a boy, he would have been George. Hence one of my cats bears that name :-D

Sending positive thoughts to lovely George <3 <3

Stay strong, all of you. XXXX

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 8 Jan 2019 12:06

UPDATE

Thank you everyone.

George is a little monkey and once his lung heals is meant to stay healed rare that they open up again, his has opened up 3 times now so drain still in place and at moment is open and bubbling away. He is off the ventilator and Melissa says he is awake and wriggling today and he had a feed and was sick and when she changed his nappy he poo'd on her so normal baby behaviour.

At least Melissa is able to do bits for him as up to now they haven't been aloowed to cuddle him.
Hopefully he will behave heal up and can come home soon.

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Jan 2019 12:33

Aw sounds a little fighter bless him .hope George continues to get better & is soon home with the family .precious addition for you all .xx Barbara

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jan 2019 12:58

Hope they can get it to heal soon Dawnie, thinking of him and I was wondering how he was. Keep us informed please bless him. Pleased that Melissa is able to hold him now anyway. <3

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 Jan 2019 20:41

Congrats Dawnie and S and parents,

worrying time for you all but ,hopefully the little man will be soon home and mis-behaving.

<3

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 15 Jan 2019 13:52

update at top

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 Jan 2019 14:09

So pleased to see that there has been improvement.

I do hope he continues to get better and can go home to his big brother and rest of your loving family.

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 15 Jan 2019 14:23

Gwyn,

thank you just wondering if he will be as besotted with Zoe as Jack is get her and Jack together and they are double trouble not sure I could cope with 2 little boys chasing her around. If Jacks round and Zo is home we don't have to do anything she does it all and if we pick him up from nursery as soon as we get home he asks if Zo is home or at school definitely know when we are not wanted lol

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 15 Jan 2019 14:56

Aaaw Dawnie just think how special the first cuddles will be for everyone <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Jan 2019 16:51

Pleased he is on the mend Dannie, not long before those granny cuddles then.

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 15 Jan 2019 21:23

Dear Dawnie

Hello

Welcome to little George and hope he continues to make good progress.

Congratulations to you all.

Take gentle care
Very best wishes
Love Elizabeth, EOS
xx