General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

B12 thread

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jan 2019 12:10

Has Rollo done his usual and removed his thread. I wanted to read a few bits again as I thought there were some interesting food tips on there. And it actually encouraged me to buy some lambs liver when in Tesco this morning. I shall look forward to that tomorrow. Not today as I have a chunk of gammon to use up so it will be in a pasta sauce this evening. (Carbonara of sorts :-D).

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 29 Jan 2019 12:17

Yes it seems he did. I hate it when people remove their threads after GR members have taken the time to respond.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jan 2019 12:22

It was starting to turn into a (personal) 'spat'.

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Jan 2019 12:36

It did get him a bit of attention though.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jan 2019 12:36

Oh was it, why det it was fine when I last looked. Why must people do that? No matter what anyone thinks of anyone else it is, indeed, personal and should not be on here. The thread was interesting and, despite what anyone's personal opinions were, Rollo was actually concerned I think. We all have a right to be helped on here and he did actually appreciate the help he got because he said so. No wonder we don't get interesting threads.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 29 Jan 2019 14:36

I am very sorry.
I found a lot of the feedback very helpful and have taken up on some of it as well as some of the recipes.
I am taking Neurofen which allow me to function for the moment at least.

However ....

MaggieW went into attack mode because I called out a doctor - I was in no state to drive or use the metro.
I explained to her that I could get a doctor on my private health insurance and she then went sort of ballistic. Maybe I don't have a right to life who knows.

I really cannot be accomodating to this sort of stuff again and again from her so I just wooshed the whole thread.

again, regrets

It is quite likely that MW will now post more vitriol against me in which case this note will go too.

have a nice day

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jan 2019 14:45

Thank you for the explanation Rollo, hope you don't have to wait too long before the results of the test comes back so you know what is what. I was shocked a few years back when a pharmacist tole me I should not be taking Nurofen as it was not compatible with my Amlodopene (BP tablets), nobody had told me that before and I must have been taking them very occasionally when working when I used to get headaches. It is a pain (Literally) not being able to take them as they are really the only thing that help with back and leg pain. Now it is more or less grin and bear it.

Anyway at least the thread got me to buy some liver which we will enjoy.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 29 Jan 2019 16:30

:-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 29 Jan 2019 17:03

Oh for Heavens sake 2 RR what was said??

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jan 2019 17:25

I don’t know what Sharron said but Rollo explained why he had cancelled it and mentioned somebody who had upset him on the thread. If this one gets personal I will delete it. We should be able to have a discussion without getting personal. For goodness sake .

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Jan 2019 17:33

I said it got him the attention he wanted.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Jan 2019 17:58

I'm afraid I took umbrage when RTR posted that 'Fortunately, he was wealthy enough not to have to eat offal.
Though, he added, of course, in France, offal is regarded as good food and expensive'

I responded that we were talking about offal because it was high in vitamin B12, not because we were poor.

RTR also stated that he was now back at work - dosed up on Nurofen.

...and so it went on....

Nothing about any handy ideas he was given - just British offal was below his price range!

I don't know what RTR said in his RR'd post, I've just got in from work and don't look at the internet whilst there - because I'm working, but I presume he's divulged what his illness now is.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 29 Jan 2019 20:14

It’s because of this constant sniping that I seldom post and I am sure there are others like me. Some of the threads raise interesting points and could provoke good discussions but it isn’t long before someone verbally attacks someone else and it all starts to become personal. I don’t want to be involved in anything like that so I stick to a very few “safe” threads

Before any one gets offended, this is just my feeling and I am not pointing a finger at anyone in particular

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jan 2019 20:29

Maggie before I delete this I just want to say that within the thread I did see Rollo comment on the help he had got.

And no he has not said what his illness is. I doubt he will now.

Vera no worries I know how you feel.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Jan 2019 22:16

..but he was still 'wealthy enough not to have to eat offal', despite it having a high B12 content (apart, of course, from calves liver).

You have to ask yourself: Why did he delete the thread if I was the 'bad guy'?
Surely, 'Showing me in all my (alleged) colours' would have been a good thing for him., because I'm apparently, so nasty?

....or perhaps his bull was exposed.

I have an intrinsic dislike of being patronized.
Anyone who questions whether I've actually 'really' read a book, can understand politics, has had an education (because - yes, I live in a council house) or at one point, even know the layout of the place I've lived in for 25 years, has serious problems with me about their presumptions.
Anyone who 'dictates' to others about internet security, when theirs is so lax, has a problem - their hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Anyone who thinks 'I can pretend I have more money than you - so I can pretend I am better than you' - I hold in contempt.
Sorry, that's just the way it is.
Some pretend to be something they aren't - some of us are just what we are.
Some delete the threads where they insult others' - one has to ask why?

Vera - this isn't you! :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jan 2019 22:23

Wonder who RRd the two posts. Very strange.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 30 Jan 2019 10:47

And no he has not said what his illness is. I doubt he will now.

Well,it wasn't ,heart,liver or kidneys.or anything vicious.that would be a threat to life.

just to be told at 8pm on a Saturday night.

""""You have a Iron deficiency.""""

but blood tests are needed.

:-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 30 Jan 2019 11:06

Didn't the thread start by saying the doctor had left and was not very happy.

He wouldn't be if he had been called out on a Saturday evening for something that just required a blood test.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Jan 2019 11:28

Come on, fairs fair.

Rollo has had a previous medical emergency + shared one which, although not an emergency, could have been serious. He may well have thought something similar was brewing. In any event, his wife may have pressured him into seeking a medical opinion.

The Doctor may well have been grumpy for having his evening interrupted. On the other hand, its money in his Bank via the health insurance company.

The conversation probably went along the lines of....it could be (vitamin deficiency). Alter your diet until the blood test results are back.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 30 Jan 2019 12:11

Hmmm three years ago, or is it 4? I went for a "routine " blood test, and later that day was whooshed into hospital... for a weeks' stay.... with atrial fibrillation failed kidney, on to top of my known copd and barrets...

a fortnight ago after another routine blood test, recieved a email saying make another appointment in 4 weeks time....worrying times...