General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It's not what you say

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Apr 2019 14:18

My neighbour of some fifty years is now an eighty-two year old widow. She has an congenital eye condition so can hardly see now. She can also not feel her feet due to diabetes.

She has had a stair lift for about ten years or so but, for the last couple of years, it has not worked, in fact it has been condemned by the lift engineer. So, she has to use the stairs anyway with two worsening conditions.

She has tried to get something done about her stair lift, as has her son, but had given up.

I asked if they would mind me having a go at getting something done.

One call to our housing association, who do have a duty of care to us tenants after all.

This morning, a lift engineer came to measure her for the new stair-lift the council are having installed.

Sorry, boasting again!

Maddie

Maddie Report 4 Apr 2019 14:36

good for you need more people like you :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Apr 2019 14:54

No Maddie, the world is not ready for another one.

Caroline

Caroline Report 4 Apr 2019 15:18

Well done. It should be the case of only those that know what questions to ask of whom get the results but at least you knew what to do.

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 4 Apr 2019 16:31

Very well done Sharon. Its a pity there are not more neighbours like you.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Apr 2019 16:43

Well done Sharron, it does beg the question though as to who the son was contacting and why he had not got results. sometimes people just don't know where to go for help do they? In a housing association house there should have been guidance from somewhere. Maybe there was and it just didn't register with them. I hope the stairlift is quickly fitted now and she has good use out of it.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Apr 2019 21:22

Well done, Sharron

Madge

Madge Report 4 Apr 2019 21:41

You can boast all you like for me Sharon as it is about results like this, excellent news
well done :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Apr 2019 21:53

Well done! <3

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 4 Apr 2019 22:05

Lundi mardi mercredi jeudi vendredi samedi dimanche

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Apr 2019 22:51

:-S

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 Apr 2019 00:48

Nice one, Sharron!

Lizx

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jul 2019 17:21

Stair lift was fitted this morning.

Annx

Annx Report 8 Jul 2019 17:30

That's excellent Sharron! We got a free one for my In Laws a few years ago and just in time stopped them buying a secondhand one. Once it was fitted we caught them not using it and going up the stairs!! Both had osteoporosis, were unsteady, and one kept having falls and had broken his back once. Their reason not use it? It was too slow!!! :-S :-S

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Jul 2019 17:39

That's good to hear, Sharron.

What was the result of her visit to the hospital last week? Had she damaged her knee?

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jul 2019 17:40

They didn't make it a priority job did they! ( just noticed the OP date)

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jul 2019 17:53

I would imagine they have to build them to order.

She says she never used the last one at night in case she woke us up. Silly old faggot!

She just has painkillers for the knee.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Jul 2019 19:30

Well done on speaking out, Sharron <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Jul 2019 20:09

Sharron ...... did you tell her that?? :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jul 2019 20:31

Of course I told her that.