General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Really Really Really Excited.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 12 Jun 2019 22:41

I had a message from someone who thinks he is a cousin and he now lives in Australia and it’s looking good so far, anyway it’s the first time I’ve been contacted about my Mums side of the family and the irony is he lives in Perth Australia and I’m going there again to stay with my aunt again for my holiday in December.

Sorry for rambling on a bit but it’s exciting for me xx.

Allan

Allan Report 12 Jun 2019 23:52

No, folks, it's not me :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Jun 2019 09:21

How exciting! Assuming that you can confirm the connection, you might be able to meet up for a few hours at the end of the year. Don't forget to take copies of family photos with you!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jun 2019 16:51

Of course it is exciting, hope it all works out for you.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 13 Jun 2019 21:49

This relationship malarkey, this chaps grandfather and my grandmother are brother and sister sooo what is the relationship of him to me please? Thanks for reading this and I hope I’m not speaking gibberish lol.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 13 Jun 2019 22:31

Second cousins.

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 13 Jun 2019 23:12

That's great news, and even more so that you might have the chance to meet up! :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Jun 2019 23:51

How lovely, hope you get all the details straight and can meet your new rellie when you visit Australia

Lizx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Jun 2019 11:37

That's great news for you and it's a fairly close relationship really.

I hope it works out that you have a chance to meet.

Last week, I met up with a very distant relative in London.
She was over here visiting from New Zealand and we have written to one another online many times after we found each other because of our mutual interest in our family history.
It was great. I travelled up with my 2nd cousin and another distant cousin who was also visiting UK from NZ, met up with us too. We spent a good few hours chatting, looking at photos, sketching other branches of the tree and generally getting to share family news. It was like meeting old friends and was very special.

I hope your visit to Australia is just as happy.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 14 Jun 2019 12:09

ZZzzz, see my post under the thread,

DNA Testing, fun game, useful tool.

Good luck with the meeting. :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 14 Jun 2019 19:49

Alas he hasn’t answered 2 of my messages on ancestry yet, I should be used to the fact that not everyone is as into it all as I am but I will look tomorrow cos he may have more time then as it’s the weekend. :-D

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 15 Jun 2019 19:50

Dear Zzzz

Hello

So pleased for you finding a new relative.

Hope your trip is a happy and safe one.

Take gentle care
Very best wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Jun 2019 21:16

Zzzzz great news for you if it is a relation and I hope it works out for you.
I have met some brilliant cousins from here and I love them so much even if they do still live in Sheffield, just means I can visit them more often.

Good Luck and enjoy xx Uzzi