General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Packing

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 21 Jun 2019 20:14

As mentioned earlier, we are moving on Tuesday. Question. Why does a bloke my age need over 30 shirts. And that doesn't include the ones I need between now and the move, or summer tops. Or the ones that went to the charity shop. I never knew how much rubbish accumulates over the years. Even the stuff we do need is so far taking up about 40 large boxes. And I haven't finished the shed yet.

Island

Island Report 21 Jun 2019 22:59

Best way to have a clear out Bob :-D

All the best. Deep breaths ;-) :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Jun 2019 23:41

I feel for you!

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 22 Jun 2019 19:13

...and now, we are having to search through boxes to find things that we need, but thought we wouldn't.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 22 Jun 2019 19:17

Know the feeling Bob OH and myself hope to
be moving soon.
Started clearing out and as I put stuff in the out bag
OH keeps taking them out incase he needs them.
If he hasn't needed them in ten years he ain't going to
need them now.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 23 Jun 2019 15:47

Emma, we bought some T-shirt’s for hubby yesterday because he said he doesn’t have many, well when we looked in his wardrobe and took out 19 perfectly good T shirts apart from they were far to big because he has lost a lot of weight, he doesn’t like parting with stuff so they have gone to charity shop and he has lots more room for stuff that does fit. :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 23 Jun 2019 15:53

Moved regularly so clear outs were continuous, it does work ;-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 23 Jun 2019 15:59

ZZzzz he doesn't know it yet but they are going
along with other things that he never wears, all
good clothes and some that he has never worn :-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 23 Jun 2019 17:24

Emma, how long will it take him to realise that they have gone? And will he go out and buy more?

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 23 Jun 2019 18:59

It will take awhile ZZzzz, he won't buy more :-D

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 27 Jun 2019 21:55

Well, we have made it at last. Our buyers solicitor messed us about until the very last minute, and didn't release the money until the very last minute. We were eventually able to pick up the keys to our new place five minutes before the deadline. It has been the most frustrating day of our lives. Still, we are in now, and now the work begins.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Jun 2019 23:20

First thing - find the kettle! :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 Jun 2019 23:36

and a couple of cups :-D :-D

Congratulations, Bob and Mrs Bob

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 28 Jun 2019 14:19

Hope you have settled in well and feeling less stressed. :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Jun 2019 14:48

Congratulations on your move hope you & MRS B.settle in & enjoy your new home :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 29 Jun 2019 00:17

Congratulations on your move, both of you. Hope you soon feel settled in your new home and will have many happy times there

Lizx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 29 Jun 2019 00:24

Happy new home Bob :-D :-D

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 1 Jul 2019 18:48

Thanks for all your good wishes. I never in a million years thought that I would own such a large garden AND over 50 feet of river bank. Two egrets in the river yesterday, (it is full of small fish), woodpeckers, kites, buzzards, plus all the usual birds. And the pub is only a couple of minutes away. Grandson has spent the last couple of days strimming and mowing and generally helping out. I have several large mature trees, a silver birch, cherry, weeping willow, sycamore, small leafed maple and a conifer. What have I let myself in for?

Barbra

Barbra Report 1 Jul 2019 19:16

Sounds brilliant
You enjoy it all .Best wishes to you & all the family :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Jul 2019 19:20

Sounds a great place!