General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mein Kampf

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 Jul 2019 13:52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYAAN36oiBs

Queen's Speech 3 Sep 2019 [ cancelled ]
Queen's Speech 21 June 2017 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 18 May 2016 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 27 May 2015 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 4 June 2014 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 8 May 2013 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 9 May 2012 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 25 May 2010 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 3 December 2008 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 6 November 2007 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 15 November 2006 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 17 May 2005 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 23 November 2004 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 26 November 2003 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 13 November 2002 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 20 June 2001 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 6 December 2000 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 17 November 1999 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 24 November 1998 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 14 May 1997 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 23 Oct 1996 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 15 November 1995 [Lords Hansard]
Queen's Speech 16 November 1994 [Lords Hansard]

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Jul 2019 14:49

One party. One idea... put all the blame for every ill on one group/organisation/race ( ie not on where it really lies).

Vote for it at your peril.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jul 2019 17:07

Silly,silly me.

I only clicked on here, expecting it to be about Mein Kampf which is, incidentally, available in it's entirety, free, on-line.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 7 Jul 2019 18:48

I have two copies, one translation and an original as issued to all Germans, (or were they obliged to buy it?) I have tried to read it, (the translation, that is), but it is a bit of a struggle. (See what I did there? Struggle, kampf.)

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jul 2019 18:54

You need to bear in mind that it caused immense misery or you would find that book remarkably amusing.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jul 2019 19:18

Nor sure how the Queens speeches are a struggle.

...or anything to do with Hitler's 'Struggle'.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 Jul 2019 19:40

Some people have little idea of the importance of the Queen's Speech in UK politics. That includes the lack of one.
The nearest thing to a contemporary version of M. K. is "Britannia Unchained" which is thrilling reading for the poster fans of Dominiq Raab, Liz Truss et. al.

Next: Night of the Long Knives Ernst Rohm ( Rees-Mogg) and the SA ( ERG) eliminated.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jul 2019 19:48

Don't think she writes her speeches from in prison.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 Jul 2019 22:51

Surely Sharron realises that the Queen does not do politics.

These two should be in jail though, lazy.

https://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/factual-errors-and-slipshod-research-britannia-unchained-tories-must-try-hard

If this is the best that the BoJo crowd can manage they wil have to rely on extra parliamentary means.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jul 2019 23:12

Sharron realizes that the queen does not write her own speech as well.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jul 2019 23:12

Sharron realizes that the queen does not write her own speech as well.

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Jul 2019 01:39

Her Majesty doesn't do politics but a wise PM will always at least listen to any advice given with the wisdom of experience.

Dermot

Dermot Report 8 Jul 2019 06:51

Some politicians don’t always appreciate advice they haven’t asked for.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Jul 2019 07:56

Some politicians choose not to see what's right in front of their faces! :-|

Dermot

Dermot Report 8 Jul 2019 08:12

Experienced politicians are good at answering questions without actually answering them - if that makes sense & can even proceed further by answering another question not yet raised.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 8 Jul 2019 09:12

Old news :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jul 2019 10:08

With the current state of play, I am not really surprised that there will be no Queens speech in September.

There is no certainty as to who will be running the country or even where we will stand in Europe. There would not be much to tell as to what the government intended to do.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 8 Jul 2019 12:23

Quite the opposite. Boris Johnson expects to be PM and has a long list of stuff he intends to do at a brisk pace starting of course with a death defying leap from the EU at Beachy Head 31 October.

In order to do that there are a few inconveniences. Parliament can pass legislation blocking a no deal brexit or even something more radical such as a vote of no confidence.

As to the rest of Boris' to do list he must submit it to Parliament in the form of the Queen's Speech or there is no mandate. May managed to skip one by stating in advance that she needed 2 years to pass brexit law in which of course she failed.

A convenient way around these problems would be to suspend parliament sine dine aka prorogue. The last two times this happened for any length of time were after the fire of 1837 and of course 1642.

Then of course there is the small matter that before the Queen appoints a PM she has to ask him / her if they have a firm majority in the House. May took around a week to stitch something up with the DUP last time around by means of a £ 1 bn bribe. This time the DUP will be front of the queue. Unfortunately given the likely loss of Radnor on 1 Aug the govt maj will no longer exist.

So there you go , why not just dump the inconvenience of Parliament and its archaic requirements such as a Queen's Speech ? "Britannia Unchained"

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jul 2019 17:11

Isn't it wonderful how much information you can find on Google?

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jul 2019 17:17

It truly is Sharron :-)

When I was a child I used to think how great it would be if there was one huge library where you could find out everything you wanted to know on any subject in the universe.

I love Google, everyday there is an opportunity to learn more about subjects you would otherwise struggle to have access to, and all in the comfort of your own home. :-)