General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who Do You Think You Are? is back.

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 18 Jul 2019 17:49

Monday 22 July at 9pm on BBC1.

Same time as Long Lost Families.

Which celebrities will be appearing on this year’s show?

Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet
Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe
TV personality Sharon Osbourne
Bond star Naomie Harris
Comedian Paul Merton
Comedienne Katherine Ryan
ex-TOWIE star Mark Wright
and comedian Jack Whitehall – who, in a first for the series – will take part in the show alongside his father, Michael Whitehall

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 18 Jul 2019 19:07

Thank you for the reminder Mr Magoo.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 18 Jul 2019 19:09

Got it marked Mr M :-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 18 Jul 2019 19:11

I do like Jack Whitehall :-D :-D

Pretty good line up this series :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 20 Jul 2019 12:34

Don’t forget to record one or the other programs :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Jul 2019 19:10

Nudge up as a reminder :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Jul 2019 19:31

I shall be staying up late and watching Long Lost Family on ITV +1

Just typical, though, isn't it?

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Jul 2019 22:04

He was really interested in his family I enjoyed it tonight nice young man ..Barbara

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Jul 2019 22:22

Agree with Barbara, he was very natural and genuinely involved with the family story I enjoyed that :-) Would have like to have had it as a longer programme looking back further.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Jul 2019 05:33

I am just watching the programme which I recorded earlier. It's made me quite like Daniel, his history was really interesting and he was really respectful of it all. A fascinating past, I look forward to others in the series.

Lizx

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 23 Jul 2019 11:19

Very much enjoyed Daniel's history, how wonderful
for him to be given those treasured letters.
Hope the rest of the series is as interesting.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 23 Jul 2019 13:27

An excellent programme and a very likable young man :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 23 Jul 2019 18:08

I enjoyed it and found it very interesting :-D :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Jul 2019 06:04

Having never watched a Harry Potter film, I didn't know what to expect from Daniel's episode. However, I too found it interesting and felt that this line of his Family was only the tip of the iceberg....hope these discoveries have wetted his appetite to find out more about his Family :-)

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 24 Jul 2019 13:07

I enjoyed it - would have liked a bit more on his family tree really.

I thought it refreshing how interested he was. He said what a lot of us feel - wished he had asked more when he had the opportunity.

I would like to know how the researcher person in the church knew about the letters his auntie had given him, that had been in the family all theses years. Then suddenly produced the "last Letter" .
Did the archives have a copy?
Did auntie know about the letter & what happened to Ernest & his wedding?

Think there is probably another story or 2 to be found in this family tree further back.

A good start to the short series.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 24 Jul 2019 14:29

I thought Daniel's episode was a good start to the series and he came across as a nice, caring young man - and with no actual waterworks so a strong character it would appear.

Could not help but notice his strong blue eyes! Wonder where they came from? (They could have been coloured contacts, of course, but I don't see why he would bother.)

This time I have heard of all but one of the participants so that's great for me.

I look forward to the next.

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Jul 2019 14:39

JoyLouise, he has naturally blue eyes, he has previously said he wasn't able to wear contacts to make his eyes green as Harry Potter, so assume that's still the case. They are quite a stunning colour I think :-)

Incidentally I see it was his birthday yesterday :-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 24 Jul 2019 15:20

I agree, Rose, a stunning colour.

:-D

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 29 Jul 2019 12:33

Dont forget BBC 1 tonight - 2nd show of the series (Unless they change the program without warning)

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Jul 2019 11:54

I lost interest last night . I may watch the end on player or maybe not. I had assumed that given her lack of previous knowledge of family ( and some general history) that Naomie Harris was a lot younger than she is. All goes to show, don't make assumptions lol.