General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 0 + 1 of 21

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 26 Nov 2020 20:37

Evening peeps
Although i am not working at present, i have had a busy week so far.
I went to the hospital on Tuesday and now have a heart monitor to wear for 7 days.
Today, I was back at5 hospital getting my 4 monthly injections into my thighs but oh my the needle is so fine it really hurt!! I havea good pain threshold but really had to restrain myself saying a few choice words when he"stabbed me." lol

Anyway hears hoping by tom, they will relieve my pain and walking again will be a pleasure.
Im meeting my friend tom who I was supposed to meet last Friday. Got the car sorted now, so hopefully we will get a lunch of some sort.
Xmas cards going in the post and parcels went on Tuesday.

Just the food shop list to do next week and all organised.Although, there is only 2 of us but I still make an effort....you have to.

very cold here.Maybe a white xmas this year who knows.

Hope all is well with everyone
Stay safe
Florence in the hebrides.

I did a good deed by donating to a charity that helps young people with needs. Its a small Scottish Charity. I looked them up first and they are genuine.They help young people with needs to get accomodation and become independant.

I sent £10.00 and hopefully it will buy a young person something this xmas. I dont have much but when i can, I support small local charities that do not get help from the government like the Lifeboats. Every little helps.

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Nov 2020 15:19

More changes with lockdown can this Goverment get anything right don't know about people on here but I am sick of all the different news 're do this do that Barbara

Barbra

Barbra Report 25 Nov 2020 16:27

Good afternoon Ann hope you hubby is alright & comfortable you look after yourself as well Florence Joan Liz hope you are okay x I am alright I think just been shops today local very busy in the town Christmas lights are up but rubbish :-) council must be on tight budget got order booked 15th December so think sorted looks like people can visit relatives for a few days .over Christmas see what happens .right going for A brew then Tea time Keep Warm safe Take Care Barbara xx

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 22 Nov 2020 16:12

Hi everyone, well I had another good morning in the garden again, got almost all the last of the leaves up & away, had help from the 2 grandchildren that live not far away.
Our eldest daughter & her hubby were here as well, he trimmed the Rugosa hedge for us & daughter reduced one of the garden seats that had an arbour over the top, she cut the arbour section off as it was a bit wobbly, the seat looks better for it, just need to paint it now.

Bit chilly today but I soon warmed up doing sweeping up the leaves.
Have made a Beef Casserole & Dumplings for tea, it's almost ready, smells lovely & so looking forward to eating it, lol.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend, Florence what a carry on for you the other day, you take care.

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 20 Nov 2020 21:30

Well peeps, what a day!
Today I had arranged to meet a friend for lunch at 12.30. Daughter has been away for 3 days to see her dad and so have been on my own and very quiet. Got up early, showered and did my hair.Put my new jeans and boots on, some lipstick and my fav perfume Coco Chanel.

Once I was ready I did feel good and was so looking forward to my lunch with my pal.
Around 11, I heard some noises outside. It was blowing a severe 9 and things were rattling etc. But then I noticed the bin had disappeared. It was full up with recycled waste and the binmen had not arrived yet.
Well, I wrapped up and ventured out to see the bin laying in the drain!! It was pouring hard and nearly blowing me over. I leant forward but could only grab the wheels.
I managed to pull it to the road but the lid blew open and all the bags fell in the drain full of water. Bits of paper flying everywhere into the neighbours garden and some floating through the pipes!!. I went back inside to get my granny grabber and managed 1 by 1 to pull the bags up and put them back in the bin. But oh my, the rubbish i couldnt get hold off was all over the place.
Suddenly the bin lorry arrived, I waited until he emptied and then took it straightaway to secure it with the other bins. Considering i had washed and blowdried my hair, I now looked like a drowned rat so had to redo hair.

By now it was 11.45 and i needed to leave. So got in car, turned ignition and....battery completely flat grrrrrr.
I came indoors and burst into tears. With no other way to get to town, i had to ring my friend and cancel. I could have swore it was Friday the 13th this week.

I telephoned a shop in town and they phoned back at 3 to say, they had 1 battery to fit my car. So they have put it aside and a friend will get it on monday for me.
The car has been sitting for a year and although i have driven it to town & back, I dont think it was enough to recharge it completely.

So a complete disaster of a day. Its still howling a force 9 outside and doubt if I will get any sleep.

I have to say, the granny grabber has proved quite useful in unusual ways and today was a life saver.In the beginning when OH gave it to me, I turned my nose up saying, thats for old people..lol However Im glad i kept it.

So on that note, I hope everyone elses day fared better than mine.

Florence in the hebrides

Florence61

Florence61 Report 19 Nov 2020 18:43

Evening peeps
I think Ann & Barbara and everyone else, with spending all day at home mostly, new interests and topics are in short supply.
I have noticed when I speak with my dad twice a week that after 5 minutes, our conversation seems to run dry even though we are both chatty people.
He isn't out as much and neither am I so we don't see many other people to exchange news.
Even on the tv, the news is dominated by Covid mostly yet I'm sure there are other things going on the world worth hearing about.

My news is such that I'm still waiting to hear on various things that seem to be taking ages so I cant even give an update.
Like you Ann, I have wrapped and parcelled all the pressies now just not sure how i will get to see my 2 work friends to give them to them but we shall see.

I am reading a book just out called Nothing Like The Truth by Steve Thrift. he is a personal friend of mine and an Ex Thames valley detective. If you know about the Kray Twins story, this is a novel but with some facts thrown in. Enjoying it so far.

Does anyone here read and if so, whats your genre? Mine are Crime Detective stories. My favourite is Peter James.

Finally found royal icing sugar in Tescos, so have all i need now for the xmas cake.Will be using the golden marzipan as have given up on yellow!!

Anybody else making a xmas cake this year?
Think on sunday we will put up the xmas tree and I shall make mince pies. That will take care of most of Sunday..lol

Well that's me for now.
Hope all are well & safe

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 19 Nov 2020 13:33

Hello Ann hope your hubby is comfortable thinking about you both xx suppose fed up myself but we have to carry on for loved ones & friends. Hello to All stay safe this weekend :-) Barbara xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Nov 2020 13:08

Hello I think lockdown is getting to people Barbra and they can't be bothered with things. It would be good to come on here and find lively conversation threads but I don't think it will happen. I appreciate the thread that I am on but even that has tailed off lately as people find other things to do. I am relying a lot on online chat at the moment, if I couldn't come on here I would feel very isolated with OH still in hospital. Hope Florence and Joan are OK. Thanks for keeping this thread going Barbra.

Barbra

Barbra Report 19 Nov 2020 12:50

What is happening to GR I have a look on sometimes & it's dominated by one thread does nobody else have anything to say so many people not posting or adding any new topics .Covid 19 has knocked the stuffing out of this chat forum .I can see it folding as did friends reunited. Shame really stay safe All

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Nov 2020 15:58

Thanks for good wishes, was dry most of today but drizzly rain now. Spent the afternoon wrapping Christmas presents. Hoping that when lockdown finishes it won't be extended so son and daughter can travel here to pick up their presents.

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 16 Nov 2020 13:37

Good afternoon to one & all, nice & sunny today, bit chilly but not too bad.

Didn't get outside at the weekend to clear some more leaves, our eldst daughter arranged to come over on saturday & help me sweep some up & burn them but of course it rained didn't it so nothing done outside over the weekend.

Florence, well done on your winnings, I am a big fan of Hotpicks, do that on Wednesdays & Saturdays, it was on the Hotpicks that I won £7000 a while back with 4 numbers, got new windows with it & got some change as well lol.
Four number Hotpicks now pays out £13,000 .

Ann, hope all goes well for your hubby, & he gets home soon.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 16 Nov 2020 13:33

Hello Ann G & All hope your hubby is soon feeling better he is in the right place for now positive thoughts to you both ((((((()))))) big hug. Dry but dull here been sorting bedroom out moving some cupboards making a bit more room I have to many clothes you know what we say one day that will fit but kidding myself but hey happy with my lot x Liz Joan Florence x Take Care :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Nov 2020 11:00

Good morning florence and everyone. I think we have the same weather as you Florence, sun is shining brightly (which shows up the dust) but it is very chilly outside.
Very strange being on my own without OH here, very quiet. I have plenty to do though to keep me occupied and not fretting.

OH is still in Cheltenham hospital, because it was the weekend nothing much has happened so no change really. I imagine one of the main things they will be doing is to rehydrate him as that seems to have been the main problem. He had got that he was not eating more than a few mouthfuls because of the pains in his back and head, and also was not drinking more than a few sips at a time, this caused all sorts of bladder and bowel problems so all has to be sorted once the consultant makes an appearance.

Hope Joan and Barbra and Liz are all ok :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 16 Nov 2020 10:22

Good morning everyone
Its pretty chilly here today and showery but the sun is peeking through now & again.

Uneventful weekend really very quiet. Next weekend daughter wants to put up xmas tree etc to brighten up the house!
Normally i wouldnt bother until the 12 th Dec but this year is different.
I love decorating the tree etc and will pass a few hours next weekend.

I won £11.00 on 2 scratchcards and £60 on the hotpicks...whoopiedoo!!

It will go towards the xmas food shop.

Just going to do usual monday chores washing and tidying and finish writing xmas cards.
Hope everyone else is well.

Stay safe and take care
Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 13 Nov 2020 21:23

Good evening all soon be weekend again done our shopping so staying in this weekend .wet windy weather forecast so glad chores done Take Care keep warm xx Bye for now

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 12 Nov 2020 17:33

Good Evening everyone, been a lovely mild day here today, went to morrisons this morning nice & early again so it was really quiet, hardly anyone one in the store.

Wasn't easy to get round some of the aisles though, pallets & cages everywhere!
Bought a small Turkey Crown just in case they don't have any nearer Christmas,lol, have had to leave it the care of our eldest daughter as we no longer have a spare freezer outside!

Have spent a few days in the garden this week sweeping up leaves, leaves & more leaves, lit up some more wee bonfires & got rid of loads that way, still a lot to be swept up yet

Hubby fell in the garden on Tuesday! & son in law had to come over to lift him up,
thank goodness he was working around our house ( slurrying ) he's not a big lad but he managed to lift hubby fairly easily!
He's fine though no wounds or after affects, just shaken up, thank goodnes, but he is banned from the garden!

Florence, do take care, hope things get better for you soon, Ann so sorry to hear about your hubby not being well, it is so sad for you both.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 11 Nov 2020 19:34

Hello Florence your meal sounds delicious love cheese enjoy x Ann hope today you are okay one day at a time x anyone else looks in Hello. Eye test fine getting new glasses in a couple of weeks .cataract needs sorting but not affecting my vision just now There is 6 month waiting list so have to wait .Enjoy your evening keep warm All xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Nov 2020 16:39

Thanks Barbra.
Florence I think we have the knack of the bags now. Must say it is all very tiring and not what Inexpected for my 80s and our 60th wedding year.

Sorry you are not so good hope that soon improves.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 11 Nov 2020 16:04

Afternoon peeps.
Its been a miserable couple of days and hasnt stopped raiing plus its very windy. very depressing!
Ann am sorry to hear about your hubby. My father is 83 and has prostrate cancer but he is on hormone injections and not able to have surgery. The bags sound such an ordeal. I would hope the district nurses would come in to attend or do they prefer if you can manage? Either way, it affects you too.Hope it gets sorted soon and you get some help.
I had to go to drs myself this morning. as wasn't good yesterday. had a crushing pain in my heart followed an hour later at 7pm by a big dizzy spell.

he took bloods and did ECG which was fine. Going to get a heart monitor for a week and see what happens. he did detect a very small murmur and that is worrying me! However need to wait & see what happens as it may be nothing at all and just the way it is.
Barbara hope your eye test went ok today.
How is Joan as not seen her on. Hope she is ok.
How are you liz whatever you are up to?
Just making a cheesy potato pie with grated carrots and fine chopped onions. Cover the pie with more grated cheese and put in oven until the cheese makes a lovely crust..

Tale care all

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 11 Nov 2020 09:28

Ann sorry to hear about your hubby must be worrying for you both thinking about you sending best wishes xx you have enough to think about just wonder how our little gang are all doing .please take care <3 Barbara