General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 4 + 1 of 18

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Sep 2020 19:46

Oh dear Liz do you wonder if you will ever get straight? Is he just tidying?

Well done Florence, glad it went well you will sleep tonight.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 7 Sep 2020 18:37

Evening peeps
Well first day flew by...not with out a few incidents to keep me busy. A severe nosebleed at morning break followed by a 2nd one involving a football!
Standing on playground duty can be hazzardus as I got hit on the head with a tennis ball and then walloped in the knee with another..lol

Only been back one day and already realise what I have missed. I am feeling my legs today as was up and down the stairs quite a bit, but I need to do that to strengthen my muscles. Not working tomorrow but will be going in on Wednesday.
I really enjoyed being back in the classroon, teaching fFench and rounding up numbers!

Hope everyone on here ok!

Off to have a well earned cuppa now.

Florence in the hebrides

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 7 Sep 2020 03:04

Barbara, please stick around. I don't know what's upset you but ignore the thread and stay to keep us in order! We will miss you if you go.

Florence, best of luck this morning. Hope you enjoy the interaction with others after such a lonely time.

Ann, hope your hubby will feel better soon. No fun being with someone who
is grumpy, even tho it's not his fault.

Joan, well done for getting so much maintenance done at home. Our fence needs repainting and I have a lot of pots and tubs needing help before winter as well as bulbs to be planted etc What with happy Harry not getting up till 11am and me sleepIng during the days, not a lot gets done! The house is in chaos because o.h. will keep "sorting out" cupboards but never replacing stuff so paperwork is in heaps everywhere and getting more mixed up!

I managed to get out alone on Saturday but found driving around really tiring. I slept for hours but still feel achy from the heavy steering on my car.

Things could be worse and I do have plenty to be thankful for

I just watched on tv the people of Kenya in their fight against swarms of locusts devouring their crops and animal foods, and covid too . Despite the help of technology and pesticides it's almost a losing battle. They could lose their livestock and their lives. Now that's soul-destroying, we don't know how lucky we are!I

Have a good week everyone, and stay positive.

Lizxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Sep 2020 22:30

Have no idea which thread Barbra but don't let it bother you just stay on this thread. :-) :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 Sep 2020 21:01

This will not be deleted all keep in touch please but I am not posting anymore sorry Stay safe Take Care All Barbara

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 6 Sep 2020 19:46

Goodness Barbara, what on earth has happened?
If it was something to do with the boards / threads then I missed it! I usually do!

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Sep 2020 19:21

???

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 Sep 2020 18:51

Tried to post on the special thread but hey ho looks like I shouldn't have bothered I have decided not post any more some people just seem to want to cause friction & then disappear it's just not worth commenting & trying to join in Barbara

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Sep 2020 09:21

Good news Florence. It will be good for you to get back a bit of normality. So good to see that you are progressing well.

although we had a lovely time at our daughters we (or at least my OH really) have had a miserable 4 weeks. He developed first a bad back when he jarred it when out for a walk, the a week later he had a stye on his eye which has only just about healed and with the stye came a nasty headache which this last week has moved to across his eyes. He never has headaches. Doctor says both will eventually clear up on their own meanwhile bear with sore head comes to mind. In the middle of all this we celebrated our diamond wedding anniversary sorry to have a moan, nobody here to talk to about it.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Sep 2020 23:16

Good evening peeps. Hope everyone is well.
This week i have been home alone again which was fine except for the awful weather. We had gale force winds and torrential rain all week.
Today in the afternoon we managed to get out for an hour to trim the hedge and christen my new shears.

Ive sorted out my work hours. I dont need to start until 10.15 (Mon)so catching the public bus at 10 and catching 4pm bus home.
Im so excited to be going back to work even though it wont be the same teaching as was before the Covid situation.

I still have to be careful & not lift anything heavy but we shall see how it goes.The best bit of news is that they owe me 63 hours of holiday pay and I shall get that this month :-D :-D :-D

Just realised the time so better popoff to bed.

Goodnite

Florence in the hebrides

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 5 Sep 2020 15:27

Hello.....dry day here no rain yet but it is a bit windy!
I was outside earlier to paint another garden seat, first coat has made a big difference, so by the time I get a 3rd coat on it should be looking really nice, hope so anyway, lol.
The other 2 seats I've already done look so much better.

Did some baking recently, made some YKS Parkin, it was lovely, didn't last long though, it was so nice.
Planning on making a Coffee cake today or coffee buns, maybe both, lol.

Salad for tea, hubby requested it so who am I to say he can't have that!

Well that's it for this time, off to prepare our meal, be good, & take care.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Sep 2020 15:02

Good afternoon how are you all hope ur okay very wet here really heavy showers our garden a bit over watered :-) only had mushroom omelette at lunch time not very hungry .ham sandwich for tea & some fruit love apples pears nectarines always been a fruit fan .berries I buy frozen as you can do a lot with them .what's your favourite ? Do you buy lottery tickets twenty million tonight. Got a lucky dip I will treat you all if our numbers come up :-D right enjoy your weekend stay safe Barbara x

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 31 Aug 2020 21:11

Hi Florence, thankyou for that, glad to hear yours went well, hoping all is well for me, Dr has been keen for me to get my appointment so hoping he willl have good news for me when he gets the results!

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 31 Aug 2020 20:33

Joan hope the echo goes well.Since my op, Ive had 2 done and would seem that heart is now working well.Yes took about 1/2. hour
Good luck

Florence in the hebrides

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 31 Aug 2020 13:23

Hi Liz, hubby likes to go early for the shopping, it's much quieter at around 8-30 am, he takes his time around 2 + hrs all told to shop & travelling so for me to sit in the car etc wouldn't be much "fun" lol,

He should get home in time to snatch a cuppa before we have to set off for the H Centre, I'm told the actual Echo scan takes approx 1/2 an hour ,plus any waiting time before & dressing again after.

We shall take our time were possible & no doubt we shall doze off when we get back home, lol.

Joan.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Aug 2020 03:11

Joan, wouldn't it be easier for your hubby to take you to your appointment first and then to the supermarket , with you waiting in the car or coffee shop if necessary?I
It would save a double journey and give you a change of scene!I

Lizxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Aug 2020 02:56

Hi all,

Hope everyone's coping with this changeable weather! Hopefully we will get some more nice days without all the wind and rain. I notice the days are getting shorter very quickly now which is sad. If we get further lockdowns it will be quite depressing for many.

My partner went to see his dad in the care home yesterday, with one of his sisters. Two visitors at a time, it was suggested that they go late morning as he just sleeps during afternoon visits. It was his father's 89th birthday. Sadly the birthday boy didn't respond at all! My partner and his sister had to open the cards for him and their dad barely woke up at all even tho he had been taken to see them in the conservatory. He took no notice of gifts, cards or conversation. They have no idea of medication he's on, whether he's sedated or what. They were both upset to see their dad this way and both expressed the feeling that it would be kinder if he went to sleep and didn't wake up. It's awful to see a once very active man reduced to a shell yet still he survives, oblivious to most of what goes on around him.
Hence one very sad and depressed partner!

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 30 Aug 2020 16:49

Bless her Joan great experience for her still lots of time to change career :-D cloudy here but dry got dogs beds & blankets done .Hello All x having a sandwich & cuppa Bye for now Barbara

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 30 Aug 2020 16:01

Hello, lovely day here, makes one feel so much better & want to do things.
Just had our Sunday dinner, Chicken & all the trimmings, lol.

Did some more baking yesterday, Yorkshire Parkin, this time, turned out smashing, so scrummy, so morish, an easy recipe just lots of ingredients.lol.

Just been watching a video that our daughter took of our grandaughter (8) in a small plane, belonging to a family friend, she flew over our house & absolutely loved every minute of it,

The Pilot was impressed with grandaughter, apparently they came upon a big black cloud & she was watching it rain, such excitement for a little girl who is not afraid of trying anyting!

She did want to be a farmer until today, now she wants to be a Pilot! LOL.

Joan.

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 29 Aug 2020 14:07

Hi everyone, Well I have got my Echocardiograph appointment, not a very convenient day or time as it is on the same day as hubby does our weekly shop!
He's hardly going to be back from doing the shopping then we need to set off back to town to get to the Health Centre.

I don't want to cancel for another date as it has taken almost 4 mths for the one I have been given, will just have to get on with it, just hope hubby can cope with it all going on on the same day!

Not done very much today, just tidied round, might do some baking before tea so as to have something nice to have after our tea, lol.
Doing a Salad today so an easy meal to do.

Joan.