General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UnNatural Desires

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 4 Apr 2020 21:46

What a weird and not so wonderful World we are now living in :-(

I have to admit that since practising relatively strict self isolation and social distancing, I have been wracked by, what are for me, very unnatural desires :-0

Normally I'm a quiet homebody who prefers the company of my family and a few drinks and a nice meal at home.

Since all the pubs and restaurants have closed, I now have this overwhelming desire to go out for a meal and then on to a pub afterwards for a few drinks :-S

I'll be glad when restrictions are lifted and hopefully I can get back to what passes for me as normality :-D :-D :-D

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 4 Apr 2020 21:51

As the song says
"you don't know what you've got till it's gone"

I know what you mean, ain't cravings strange.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 4 Apr 2020 21:59

I wonder if it is the pack animal in us because I’ve had a craving for outside company today.

Island

Island Report 4 Apr 2020 22:03

I'm just a happy hermit :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Apr 2020 22:06

I'm gagging for a pint.

Island

Island Report 4 Apr 2020 22:13

Try a TV pint

Allan

Allan Report 4 Apr 2020 22:15

the last time we went out for a meal and a drink was six months ago on my daughter's birthday.

That is the normal extent of our forays into the local hostelries, particularly since all the pubs around here have been 'modernised' and are no longer discernible from each other.

I have to admit whilst the new look is not to our outdated tastes, they do seem to be a hit with the younger generations.

Progress is such that I may have to upgrade the engine in my Zimmer frame ;-) :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 4 Apr 2020 22:34

I think the other members disappear for an early lock in these days.
:-S :-S :-S

Allan

Allan Report 4 Apr 2020 22:55

:-D :-D :-D

Perhaps I should have called this Thread 'Forbidden Fruits' but I wanted the RR'r to get excited ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Apr 2020 23:10

I'm just decorating - using up paint I already had in the cupboard under the stairs!
This is mainly white, (12 litres), but I found half a tin of the paint I'd painted the kitchen in, eons ago. It was still usable, so now, the kitchen's repainted! :-D

Next project is the living room, will probably start on Monday.
I've found what feels like a third of a tin I last used in the living room, but haven't opened it yet, so am not sure I can use it - but that's something to look forward to!
Will probably have to paint one wall white.
I also need to change the light in the kitchen - I have a 'spare' under my bed!
But that's a different project.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Apr 2020 09:21

Sitting in the lounge yesterday ,well the only place I can sit ! I kept hearing a bleep

Was is that on the tv ?? It kept happening though so I went to investigate and traced it to the fire alarm on the stair well wall

Was omg how do I deal with this ,hubby was the one who would get up ladders and change batteries .

But leaning over the top banister I was able to reach it and then fathom out how to open and then get out the 9v battery . Was then do I have a new one ??

Yes I did ,was one left in a pack of two that must have had for yonks but it was still ok and I put it in the alarm and tested it and all OK

Was only a small thing but was quite pleased with myself ! :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 Apr 2020 11:43

well done Shirley, not nice having a bleep you cant locate.....when mine do that, it operates a pillow shaker(vibrator)....usually get a shake about 4 in the morning if the battery is a bit iffy......

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Apr 2020 15:10

Bob ;-) i am sat sitting watching the birds in the garden two blue tits are weighing up the bird house its des.res like a Swiss cottage hope they move in more for me to watch. Last night had lamp on in the bedroom making shadow shapes on the wall I can play Bonny sometimes. :-D :-D birds are having more fun than me :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 Apr 2020 15:39

Years ago I mixed some red and white paint trying to get pink and it just swirled, didn’t mix because one was gloss and the other one was emulsion :-(

Allan

Allan Report 5 Apr 2020 21:49

I was watching a couple of blue tits a few days ago.

The weather has turned really cold here

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 Apr 2020 22:13

We had fridge magnets one was “ if you can smell burning then dinner is ready”
Another one “ if the smoke alarm sounds then it’s salad for dinner”. :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 5 Apr 2020 22:49

I have a nice powerful pair of binoculars

That's how I saw the blue tits ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Apr 2020 23:25

:-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 5 Apr 2020 23:47

At last! :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 Apr 2020 09:33

Well update coal tits are looking at des..res hmm mustn't be suitable for blue Tits cooler here this morning drizzle rain .emptying Kitchen cupboards checking dates as could be one or two things past sell by date like me ;-) keep safe :-) Barbara