General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New On the Virus.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 May 2020 14:41

To replace the current one.

Stay Alert

Control the Virus.

Save Lives.

It is giving some hope and not so frighting for some people.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 10 May 2020 14:44

How do you control a corona virus?

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 10 May 2020 14:45

Slap it's wrists! :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 May 2020 15:00

But....but ...if we don't stay alert, what will happen?
If there's more than one person in a house, must one stay alert while the other(s) sleep? :-S

If this unspecific tactic doesn't work, will 'the people' get the blame for further deaths?
After all, the Government is basically saying:

(You) Stay Alert

(You) Control the Virus.

(You) Save Lives.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 May 2020 15:01

whip it,into shape,bag it up.?who knows...……...they are giving people some options and hope they are educated enough to heed any good warnings.it may only be a temp trial but should it flouted then we may have a 3mtr distancing next time,,2 mtr still apply.

Island

Island Report 10 May 2020 15:07

*falls off sofa* :-0
No lengthy C&P and link?
Cripes! :-0 :-0 ;-) :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 May 2020 15:19

Can't see how that will stop all the idiots going out to the beach as soon as we have good weather. Can just see somebody at the beach saying. "well, yeah I am alert" Have to say I prefer the "stay home" message.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 10 May 2020 15:35

I agree, AnninG.

Stay alert .....for coughs, rashes, hot-looking people .... ?

Stay home is more specific and, quite obviously from the people we have seen being rounded up by the police, it is still what is needed.

Those young lads we saw on telly, playing football at Hackney, must have frightened the bejabers out of everyone.

Imagine the scenario ... 'I've brought something special home for you, Mum!'

Island

Island Report 10 May 2020 15:43

government giving in to the flouters

Anna reeves

Anna reeves Report 10 May 2020 15:47

Hi Kay
I’ve messaged you ??
Anna

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 May 2020 16:46

Nothing about any changes,,,,,,,,just new logo to replace the current one,,,not letting us free.

sorry Island,,,,,find it yerself ;-) :-D :-D :-D.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 May 2020 16:57

Putting responsibility for the spreading of the virus, and deaths, onto the population, not the fact that PPE is a farce, testing is a travesty, and - oh look! - the Government has only just bought in testing and isolation for those arriving by plane - and that's only at 3 airports :-| :-| :-|

Oh, and don't forget - "Stay Alert’ Still Means ‘Stay At Home’, Says Communities Secretary"
Not doublespeak at all, is it? :-S :-S :-S

1984 - here we come!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 May 2020 17:29

According to his post, the government's guidance is now
:
Stay at home as much as possible

Work at home if you can

Limit contact with other people

Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)

Wash your hands regularly

His decision to switch to the "stay alert" slogan has been criticised by other leaders

Boris Johnson has revealed the first details of the government's revised coronavirus rules.
The longstanding official guidance to "stay at home, save lives, protect the NHS" will be amended to "stay alert, control the virus, save lives".
The Prime Minister unveiled the changes in a post on his official Twitter account - where he has removed the 'stay at home' slogan from his handle.

Island

Island Report 10 May 2020 18:11

I couldn't stay alert if I tried :-\ :-( :-S

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 May 2020 18:33

How you gonna keep washing your hands in a park setting FGS...…..dont say anti bac,,,,it only takes off general bugs then you touch something and they are back,,,,better to take half bottle spirit and swab your hands with that and your mouth,,,,,,

:
;-) :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 10 May 2020 19:21

I've always wanted be A Lert..

Dermot

Dermot Report 10 May 2020 21:00

The homeless find it difficult to stay at home.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 May 2020 08:18

While the rest of us do under the control of an incompetent government.

oh for the open road.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 May 2020 08:58

I can't see how anything will change for many of us.

Walking locally has been helpful for exercise and general well being and there have been times when I've wanted to go out more than once, so an opportunity to go for short walks more than once a day will be the only thing for me that might change.

I would love to be back volunteering at the local primary school, but how can you safely keep young children apart and safe and not undo all the good that has come from 'staying at home'?
It's going to be a long time yet for any normality here.

Hilary

Hilary Report 11 May 2020 09:35

Control the virus? :-S The virus is controlling us.
I am staying at home as I have been for weeks except for shopping.
Germany & China have new outbreaks, so will we in the coming weeks.