General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Flutterby Friday

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fly

Fly Report 18 Sep 2020 11:26

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Morning Everyone :-D :-D :-D :-D

Breezy And Sunny Here :-D :-D :-D :-D

<3 <3 <3 For All In Need <3 <3 <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Sep 2020 12:42

Afternoon Fly. <3 :-D

Another lovely day here, sun has got its hat on! <3 :-D

We are in the waiting room today.

Waiting for the parcel collector.
Waiting for a call about roof.
Waiting for garage to call us about car service.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 18 Sep 2020 12:55

Flutterby....I like that :-D :-D :-D

Afternoon everyone :-D :-D <3

Been out for a few bits this morning and my usual Cappuccino, off to get my hair cut later Incase they lock us down again
:-0 :-0 :-0

Same weather as you Joy...a nip in the breeze. Enjoy your day everyone
:-D <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Sep 2020 13:03

Afternoon Ann. <3 :-D

Weird, semi sort of lockdown here - boggles the mind. :-S

I wonder what goes on inside the minds of our 'leaders'?

Von

Von Report 18 Sep 2020 13:12

Afternoon all :-D <3

Another warm and breezy day here but it’s lovely outside :-D :-D :-D

Joy what are you not allowed to do now. Can’t seem to get a handle on what’s what :-S

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 18 Sep 2020 13:53

Afternoon all,

Bootiful day here sunshine and very warm :-D

Paid a visit to Dobbies garden centre just for a
Look round. :-D

Couldn’t resist the bonnie heathers :-D :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Sep 2020 13:58

Afternoon Von. <3 :-D

It's weird, Von. OH and I are slightly baffled so we shall have to read about the regs today. We were in the garden when Matt Hancock announced it all so I missed it.

OH thinks we can't now sit in our bubble in Dtr's garden at a safe distance or vice versa. I thought we had to remain in our bubble of six so we can still sit there albeit two metres apart.

We can, however, go to the local pub (not that we are considering doing that) and meet Dtr there! (Crazy)

We both agree that no one can enter another's home.

Neither of us is sure that a walk is allowed - something else for us to check but I am not walking anyway. I think dog walking is still OK so whatever the rules we will see our dtr regularly as she usually taps on our door at least twice a week when she has the dog out - then she sits on the wall chatting for a short while.

I think our semi-lockdown is, initially, for a couple of weeks but it would not surprise me if the whole country is put under the same restrictions because I don't think people's behaviour in this region is any worse than others - some good, some bad - but I do know we have four universities in the region so I think Boris may be introducing these measures before students get up and running. I may be wrong!

So, Von, you'll see that we can't get a handle on it either. :-S

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Sep 2020 13:59

Afternoon Emma. <3 :-D

Back later girls.

Dermot

Dermot Report 18 Sep 2020 14:28

'Lock-up' might be a more appropriate expression.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Sep 2020 15:08

Hi Dermot. <3 :-D

Von, seems to me that we have not gone into anywhere near lockdown. From what I've read:

BANNED

Going into anyone else's home or garden except that of people in your support bubble.

Only to be table service in food and drink places.

All leisure and entertainment places to be closed between 10 pm and 5 am.

ADVICE but not banned

Only use public transport for essential purposes, eg work and school.

Take holidays only with your own household and those in your support bubble.

Avoid going to amateur and semi-professional sporting events as a spectator.

:-S :-S :-S

It seems that you can go into other households for a few purposes - such as child care, dying relatives, to help an incapacitated person, among other things.

Make of it what you will but it seems that our restrictions have only slightly changed from what we had before - the leisure and pleasure industry taking the hardest hit but still remaining open.

I think there is a need for more feet on the ground to enforce distancing and other rules in some eateries as I have heard of one (not-so-cheap) place packing them in with tables too close and people allowed at the bar. There will be others around the country, I expect, probably making as much money as possible before their hours are severely restricted or lockdown recurs.

Fly

Fly Report 18 Sep 2020 15:23

Afternoon Joy :-D <3 :-S Ann :-D <3 Von :-D <3 ~~~~~~~ Emma :-D <3Dermot :-D <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 18 Sep 2020 16:22

Later Afternoon Everyone~~~~~~~~~~~ <3 <3

Beautiful here :-D

I've been putting stuff on me shed :-0

I've got a Lidl shopping trolley that was left outside my house, I put it in my garden to stop the yobs playing dodgems with the cars.....I told Lidl about 2 months ago and they said they would send someone to collect it.....every two weeks I remind that I have their trolley. Last Friday I told them that I would put it out between 0800 and 1800 this Friday (today) so that they had plenty of time to schedule it's collection in.......it's still here :-| :-|

Von

Von Report 18 Sep 2020 16:51

Joy
Thank you for explaining

What a mess. You couldn’t make it up really. :-0 :-0

We are still mainly at home but going out for a walk sometimes. We have been to B&Q and a garden centre. I’m really missing the grandchildren and wished they lived closer :-(

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Sep 2020 18:53

Von, it's a complete mess.

One village is split into two.

Half is in County Durham, the other half is in Darlington. You and I may think Darlington is in County Durham and it is, but it has it's own council so the half village in Darlington does not have the restrictions that the Durham County half has. So different law and advice for those across the road from you!

I don't know who's advising Boris but the word 'nincompoop' springs to mind. It also makes me wonder whether he reads what his advisers advise!

It seems that if you want to see and chat to your family that does not form part of your support bubble, you may as well go to the local pub or cafe where you can chat to your heart's content, see your grandchildren and enjoy the company of lots of others who are in there.

How are you all this evening? <3 :-D

Fish pie in the oven here. :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Sep 2020 18:55

Just read through.

Belle, ever thought of a garden feature? ;-) :-D

Fly

Fly Report 18 Sep 2020 18:57

Evening Joy :-D <3Fine here Ta :-D hows you <3

Fly

Fly Report 18 Sep 2020 18:59

Joy you do know who is advising Boris :-0

Von

Von Report 18 Sep 2020 19:04

Evening all :-D <3

Trouble is Joy with family we are a group of seven so nothing seems to be an option unless we play rounders ;-) ;-)

Fly

Fly Report 18 Sep 2020 19:05

Evening Von :-D <3

Von

Von Report 18 Sep 2020 19:09

How you doing Fly <3

Is the kitchen finished :-D