General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tis Thursday

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 21 Oct 2021 09:47

:-D :-D <3 :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D

It's a bit blowy here after raining most of the night :-0

Off to get jabbed shortly :-0

Hugs for them that need em <3 <3

Von

Von Report 21 Oct 2021 10:02

Morning all :-D <3

Good luck with the jab Belle. <3 <3

Bright and sunny here but a tad nippy ;-) ;-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 21 Oct 2021 10:30

Belle <3

Fly

Fly Report 21 Oct 2021 11:23

Morning Belle :-D <3 good luck <3 Von :-D <3

Afternoon Pat :-D <3

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 21 Oct 2021 12:12

Afternoon everyone :-D :-D <3 <3

What a windy night here last night…Twas howling and woke me up :-0 :-0

Just took the old VW for MOT…not very confidant that it will pass this time
:-0 :-0

Have the Darlinks for dinner again tonight :-0

Belle <3

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 21 Oct 2021 12:59

Afternoon Everyone :-D <3 <3 <3

Wet and wild last night, thought the windows would blow in! :-(

Good luck Belle <3

We have our boosters booked for tomorrow. :-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 21 Oct 2021 13:36

Afternoon all :-D <3

Second of November for Robbie and I along with the flu jab. :-D

Getting a wee bit chilly but sun still shining :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 21 Oct 2021 14:25

Afternoon Von, Pat, Fly, Ann, Maddie & Emma <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

It is rather raw out :-0 The sun is still shining though.....just saying ;-)

It all went like clockwork and there were a steady stream of takers. When you booked in they offered a flu jab as well......have one and have another free :-D :-D
My booster was Pfizer like my other two. I did see they had a fridge with Moderna in it presumably for the younger folk.

My arm is a little stiff but apart from that I feel fine :-D I hope that isn't famous last words :-0 :-0

Von

Von Report 21 Oct 2021 14:48

Pleased it went well Belle <3 <3

Have a rest now <3

I’ve just had a text to say I’m eligible for my booster :-S :-S

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 21 Oct 2021 16:40

Afternoon all. <3 :-D

I’m not sure that the admin work for those contacting people for boosters is spot on.

When I got a text to my phone to say that I was eligible, K’s phone beeped as I was just making the call to book the booster and he told me he had a text too so I said to the young guy I’d like to book a booster for both of us. It all went tickety-boo and we went the following morning - not to our docs like the first two but still within walking distance. A couple of minutes after I finished the booking process, K told me that it was a text message from someone else and he’d had nothing from the jab people.

K is the one with health problems so we still have no idea why I got a call and he didn’t.

While I was sitting for 15 minutes inside the centre after my jab, I noticed the person who vaccinated me had given me a completely different Christian name. I did mention it to one of the helpers but he said it would be OK as I had filled in my form myself so it would be correctly recorded.

Dtr said she’s heard of a few people whose names have been incorrectly recorded.

We were both OK afterwards, by the way and we had the Pfizer - different from the first two jabs but the ideal scenario.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 21 Oct 2021 16:43

Afternoon everyone :-)

Pleased to hear that all seems well after your jab, Belle and Joy <3

I'm not long back from a school trip.
I've been learning about life in Ancient Greece. ;-)

We all had a great time and were lucky with the weather, as we had to be outside alot.

Chilly but dry.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 21 Oct 2021 17:23

We had ours a week ago, Gwyn, and our flu jabs almost a month ago - all went well, thank goodness.

I enjoyed the three school trips I went on when my granddaughter was in primary school, Gwyn. All were very different as were the kids!

Your Ancient Greece trip would have been right up my daughter’s street! :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 21 Oct 2021 18:35

I almost forgot ….. Trafalgar Day, folks.

I don’t know why but I woke and rose early this morning and thought immediately of this day in history. :-S

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 21 Oct 2021 18:46

Joy,
I've been on so many school trips and because I am a volunteer at our local primary school and have had all the right checks, I'll sometimes get a phone call asking if I'll go
as an extra adult, to make sure that they have the required child to adult ratio.

I've 'done' Ancient Greeks before. Today's class was Year 3.
I don't mind getting involved, so ended up today in a 'battle' in one session, playing children's games in another and ended up helping the children with 'weaving' which involved winding wool in a special way round a cross of wood.
All good fun. :-D

I thought of Trafagar Day this morning too, ... but I did grow up near Portsmouth, the home of HMS Victory.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 21 Oct 2021 19:03

Evening :-D <3

I have been on countless school trips too. Sometimes organised without me knowing. When the teacher asked if there were any Mum who would come along, my sproglets always put their hands up. 'My Mum will come' :-D :-D

Fly

Fly Report 21 Oct 2021 19:04

Evening Gwyn :-D <3

Fly

Fly Report 21 Oct 2021 19:05

Evening Maddie :-D <3

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 21 Oct 2021 19:05

Evening Fly :-D <3

How's you?

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 21 Oct 2021 19:07

I only went on three, Gwyn, because I was still working full-time and took the three days as holiday.

I drove the 45 minutes to granddtr’s school for the first two so I could travel with them but the third trip was to Eden Camp and I lived between between school and camp so I drove myself the almost-two hour journey and met them there. I was early in case they sped down the motorway in double-quick time. :-D

Isn’t it weird what comes to mind from schooldays?

Fly

Fly Report 21 Oct 2021 19:08

Fine thanks Maddie <3 hows you <3

Evening Joy :-D <3