General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Happy New Year's Saturday

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Jan 2022 10:20

:-D :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D :-D

It was like WW3 here at midnight :-0

The sun is shining, let's hope 2022 is starting as it means to go on :-D <3 :-D <3

Hugs for them that need em <3 <3

Fly

Fly Report 1 Jan 2022 11:00

Morning Belle :-D <3

Was sunny here :-D but Dull and Windy now :-| just saying ;-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 1 Jan 2022 11:07

Afternoon :-D :-D <3 <3

Happy New Year everyone. Very noisy here until 1 am. Managed to get Priya out just before another storm:-(

Sunny here, very pleasant walk this morning with Priya.

Lots of mud on roads that's drying out so will soon be dust. The water cascading down the hills here has bought down a lot of detritus. Lots of fruit lost, mainly oranges but I've seen a few lemons and pomegranates.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Jan 2022 11:19

Morning Fly & Pat <3 <3 :-D :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Jan 2022 11:20

The sun is still out here, just saying ;-) :-D :-D

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 1 Jan 2022 11:26

Happy New Year everyone <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D

Bright and sunny here today.

Last night was really quiet with only a few fireworks from gardens around midnight and they didn't last long. Didn't hear anyone out and about first footing either.

Kath. x

Von

Von Report 1 Jan 2022 11:36

Morning all :-D <3

The sun was out earlier. Good start to the day :-D :-D

It’s very mild. Apparently it’s colder in California than it is here. :-0 :-0 ;-)

Thank you Pat <3 I hope people haven’t lost their livelihoods :-(

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Jan 2022 11:44

Good morning all and a Happy New Year to you :-D :-D :-D :-D

Brilliant sunshine and blue sky, so we're planning a walk with elder daughter, maybe to the seafront.

Fairly quiet here last night. Just a few fireworks in the distance, but not the displays from parties, as in previous years.

Gosh Pat.
Your storms seem to have done a lot of damage if it's brought the fruit down :-0 :-0

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 1 Jan 2022 11:53

Afternoon, Belle, Von, Kath and Gwyn.:-D :-D <3 <3

All the fruit is ready for harvest. Many oranges fall to the ground Gwyn. Although the rain was very heavy I think they were already on the floor or just about to drop from the trees. Our oranges fall into your hand at a touch when ready.

Mind you the bougainvillea has taken a beating :-(

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Jan 2022 11:54

Plenty of spent firework cartridges on the patio and front :-|

I thought Ralphie had gone in his cupboard but found him upstairs on the landing shaking like a leaf :-( <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 1 Jan 2022 11:56

Our fireworks started just after it got dark :-(

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Jan 2022 11:58

Morning Kath, Von & Gwyn <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D

I was in the middle of writing my last Post and got a phone call.....then you all snucked in ;-) :-D :-D

Von

Von Report 1 Jan 2022 11:59

Poor Ralphie <3

There were a lot of fireworks here. :-0

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Jan 2022 12:00

They did here too Pat but at midnight it was horrendous :-( :-|

I guess this evening and tomorrow evening it will be bad too :-(

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Jan 2022 12:03

I remember the oranges falling in the orange grove on the edge of Famagusta.

My parents came out to visit from OK and got permission to collect some fruit and they set to making marmalade.
Back in the day, there was an Orange Festival in the town, where there were set pieces on roundabouts and parks with models made out of oranges.

Happy memories....................

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 1 Jan 2022 12:04

Afternoon everyone :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Nice and bright but windy :-)

Happy New Year everyone :-D

Hopefully it will be a good year :-)

Enjoy your day :-D

Don’t spend too much on the 1921 Census ;-) :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 1 Jan 2022 12:08

Happy New Year Mr M :-D :-D <3 <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 1 Jan 2022 12:13

Yes Gwyn lots of fruit lost each year. I know an area where for decorative purposes Seville orange trees are planted in the streets and all the fruit just drops to the floor each winter :-0

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 1 Jan 2022 13:08

Happy New Year everyone
<3 <3 <3

Sunshine and very blustery here, popped down for a paper and didn’t have a scoobie what day it was…until I looked at the front page :-0 :-0

Coffee n toast now

:-D :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Jan 2022 14:59

Afternoon and happy new year everyone. <3 :-D

Very mild here and, as Kath wrote, bright and sunny.

I had what I think was the best NY Eve for a long time and there was only a handful of us. J (daughter) had themed the night on the Gatsby/jazz/1920 era and had decorated a couple of rooms to match. Grandson 2 got out his guitar and we danced, had a singalong and karaoke. I doubt whether any neighbours were disturbed as the rooms we used were those abutting the treed pf and park.

Pooch was spoiled - he got an ice cube every time his ‘dad’ filled our glasses. None of us was drunk though; all in all, a fun-filled night, certainly compared to last year, everyone.

We walked home around 5 am and there were a few houses with lights on - but they may have been getting up for work. :-D

One of my pals will be taking down her decs and cards today. Too soon for us to get rid of the sparkle yet. :-D