General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nothing to Declare

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 6 Jan 2022 09:56

Can't wait for the next season of the Aussie version of Nothing to Declare. Should make very interesting viewing ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 6 Jan 2022 10:06

Yeah, all those who think they can walk on water, beware!

‘Rules are rules’, as the man said, :-0

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Jan 2022 11:05

why?
who /what is featured?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 6 Jan 2022 11:13

Wishful thinking that we would get to see a top tennis player (reported to being an ardent anti Vaxxer) plead his case for entry.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Jan 2022 21:13

Ah! topical news.....

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Jan 2022 22:49

I love it!
It's like anti-vaxxers who are banned from some restaurants and bars - they turn around and say 'We'll boycott you, then'!
Umm, they're attempting to boycott a place they can't visit!! :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 6 Jan 2022 23:14

How are the mighty fallen :-D :-D

https://tinyurl.com/22h7ekyf

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 7 Jan 2022 09:56

He obviously believes he is in the right, otherwise he wouldn’t remain in the ‘hotel’. If he wins his case will he then sue for millions?

If he does win won’t it make it difficult for other countries to enforce their own rules?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 7 Jan 2022 12:49

It now appears that a female tennis player who was previously allowed in has now had her visa revoked.
It is also being suggested that the tennis authority didn’t pass on the correct information to the players.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 7 Jan 2022 19:02

Let’s not forget that this is the guy who threw a covid party! For me it indicated that he cares not a jot about other people.

I do wish he and those protesting would stop their bleating. If he’d had shown medical reasons why he could not get vaccinated or if he’d got vaccinated he’d have had no problem so he only has himself to blame.

He has until Monday when his case goes forward to come up with proof of a good reason why he can’t have the vaccination, or proof of vaccination. It’ll be interesting what he and his counsel come up with as he’s blaming the State of Victoria whose covid regs for some reason, as far as I can gather, differ from Federal regs. It’ll be anyone’s guess, but I can’t see that he’s endeared himself to the majority of Victoria residents who have gone through many more days of isolation than we have in the UK.

I wonder what will happen if and when he goes to play in the USA later this year.

Allan

Allan Report 16 Jan 2022 22:25

Bye bye.

He has now been deported and has a three year ban on returning to Australia.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Jan 2022 22:34

:-D :-D :-D
Oh dear!
Can tennis be played via 'Zoom'?

Allan

Allan Report 16 Jan 2022 22:40

When you have as much money as he does anything is possible :-D

Tawny

Tawny Report 16 Jan 2022 23:06

As much as they do to Sir Kier Starmer. Whilst I don’t agree with what Boris did at least they were outside unlike Sir Kier.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Jan 2022 23:35

Starmer was with 2 other people, across a table, at a constituency meeting, having a zoom call - once!

May 20 - the BYOB party - Johnson attended

November 27 - Johnson gave a speech at an indoor leaving party - which even he said was crowded.

December 15 -There are pictures of Johnson, sat indoors, having a zoom quiz - with 2 members of staff in xmas hats sat right next to him.

Many other parties were held inside No. 10 - both Johnson and the Met police would have known about them.

But Starmer, actually holding a work meeting - once - obviously he's the one in the wrong then! :-S

Tawny

Tawny Report 16 Jan 2022 23:57

Starmer was caught drinking alcohol indoors. Both committed a faux pas during lockdown. Starmer cannot claim Boris is the devil incarnate whilst also drinking with colleagues.

Both are equally guilty of not following the rules though yes Boris ran through them with a ten ton truck.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Jan 2022 08:53

Starmer wasn't in a pub, He also wasn't getting bladdered.

Just a thought - remind me - under whose watch these rules created?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 17 Jan 2022 09:38

I obviously saw a different photo as the one I saw had at least two other people in the background.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 17 Jan 2022 09:46

I agree, Maggie. Apparently, Starmer was photographed through a window on a break at a meeting with Durham Constituency MP, Mary Foy at her office which is walking distance of where I live - not in Hartlepool but in Durham.

I don't think anyone is certain how many people were there apart from Mary and Starmer but I should think her assistant would have been there also as it is a workplace. I have no idea who took the photo which shows Mary, Starmer and one other - it could easily have been a passer-by as the office fronts straight onto the footpath, I know the area very well.

I wrote a while ago that I felt it was not unreasonable for those who had worked together during the day to have lunch and tea breaks together in the office or to end the day with a drink there, be it alcohol or coffee - and this was in connection with the first inklings of Johnson's drinks with colleagues, before they were stupid enough to ignore their own advice, go for broke and let everything fall into the lap of the press (self-entitlement has a lot to answer for)!

I have no axe to grind as I've already indicated on these boards that I am a swinging voter who never votes in a general election, confining my efforts to local elections.

However, I don't think there is any comparison with the numerous drink sessions/parties held by Boris and his colleagues in Number Ten. I can't see three or so people sending someone out with a suitcase to buy booze either!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Jan 2022 09:48

They are all as bad as each other in many ways just not the Covid issues.