General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deja Vu Sunday

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 20 Feb 2022 10:04

:-0 :-0 :-D <3 :-D <3 :-D <3 :-D

Hold onto your hats, Franklin is a coming :-0 :-0

Hugs for them that need em <3

Stay safe everyone <3 <3

Fly

Fly Report 20 Feb 2022 10:16

:-0 :-0 :-0 Morning Belle :-D <3

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 20 Feb 2022 10:17

Morning Belle and Fly :-D <3

I am on high alert, been out and got blown away. :-(

Keep safe. <3 <3

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 20 Feb 2022 10:36

Morning all <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D

Dry and windy here but not the damaging gales that we've had up to now. Let's hope it doesn't get any worse :-| :-|

Kath. x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Feb 2022 10:38

Morning Belle, Fly, Maddie and Kath :-)

Mighty windy here, although our yellow weather warning was supposed to be from 12 noon :-|

Daughter had thought to go shopping before that, but there's nothing we can't manage without, until the weather improves, so it's an 'in' day for us.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 20 Feb 2022 10:51

Morning Fly. Maddie, Kath & Gwyn <3 <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D :-D

Well, needless to say the Tree planting didn't go ahead in the Park yesterday. More very big branches, the size of tree trunks, down in the Park all cordoned off with red and white tape :-0. Even the portaloo had tape around it :-0

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Feb 2022 11:02

Such a shame about those established trees Belle, but all these extra days of extreme weather is just making some trees and buildings more at risk. :-0

Keep safe when out and about.

Von

Von Report 20 Feb 2022 11:19

Morning all :-D <3

Wet wet wet here :-(

On the bright side finally we have two Olympic medals at last. :-D :-D :-D

I have to say I was not impressed by the reaction of the men’s curling team. I

understand that they were disappointed but what sort of message are they sending out

to young viewers

:-| :-| :-|

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 20 Feb 2022 11:20

Good morning Belle, Fly, Maddie, Kath, Gwyn and Von. <3 :-D

Windy and raining here. :-(

Not heard anything about Franklin but, as dtr and grandson are flying off to Rome tomorrow for a few days, I hope it is over with by then, Her OH is not going with them as the project he has devised is being tested next week, he thought it better for him to stick around.

We will be looking after their pooch during the daytime.

Stay safe out of the wind everyone. <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Feb 2022 11:26

Here you are Joy

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-us/press-office/news/weather-and-climate/2022/storm-franklin-named

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 20 Feb 2022 11:26

It is Gwen, a lot of the Trees were planted to celebrate the coronation of George VI in 1937 by Men of the Trees :-). There are at least four oak trees that are many centuries old that were on the farmland before it became a Park :-0

I won't be going out and about again today, only into the garden with you know who ;-) :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 20 Feb 2022 11:31

Morning Von & Joy <3 <3 :-D :-D

Girl power, didn't they do well, Von :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 20 Feb 2022 11:45

Thanks Gwyn. :-0

Von, I saw them but I've seen worse reactions in competitive sport when my children were competing at local, state and international level ! :-0

I remember in Oz when my son won the Junior State Championship and another mother really took it badly and refused to join us for a planned meal after the event. She was not an Aussie (came from London area) but she didn't half spit the dummy. She pulled some dreadful swifties - at one time, even removing a notice which gave information about the type of competitive squash it was so other children taking part had no notion!

It takes all sorts, doesn't it ! :-0

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 20 Feb 2022 13:19

Afternoon everyone from a very wet n windy Wales :-0 :-0

Storm Franklin, I had to google :-0 :-0 they snook that one in!

Too windy to travel far today, so will be scrabbling around for something for dinner
:-0

Stay warm everyone <3 <3

Von

Von Report 20 Feb 2022 19:02

Evening all :-D <3

Franklin has well and truly arrived :-(

Fly

Fly Report 20 Feb 2022 19:04

Evening Von :-D <3 he is not supposed to be here while early morning :-S

Just off in the garden :-0 :-0 :-0

Von

Von Report 20 Feb 2022 19:09

Hold onto your hat Fly ;-)

Fly

Fly Report 20 Feb 2022 19:10

I did :-0 :-0

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 20 Feb 2022 19:11

Evening Fly & Von <3 :-D <3 :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 20 Feb 2022 19:13

It's just been lashing down here....not sure whether there was hail cos it was like having grit thrown at the window :-0 :-0