General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Tibbles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

rhod

rhod Report 21 Jul 2022 20:22

Hello. If you are a descendant of William Tibbles DOB 1847, Daglingworth , Cirencester... please contact me - Rhod Tibbles - urgently, on [email protected] or 01603-503797, regarding a serious congenital familial medical issue of which you need to be aware...

Florence61

Florence61 Report 21 Jul 2022 20:49

Rhod, i doubt anyone you need to find will see this message and also you need to remove your email and tel number as that breaks the T & C's on this site.

Florence in the hebrides

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 21 Jul 2022 21:03

Once you have removed all your personal details you should then check Search/ search all members trees to see if there are any Tibbles then you can contact them direct by pm.

Added. Your other option is to construct a descendant tree for William and then look for the individuals who would still be alive now. A very big job.

William seems to be in 55 trees on Ancestry.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Jul 2022 14:43

PM sent to Rhod pointing out he needs to return.

Maddie

Maddie Report 22 Jul 2022 14:46

a decendant
Janet E
Country England
Last name
Birth year 1936
Record set England & Wales Births 1837-2006
Mother's maiden name Herbert
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
District Cheltenham
Subcategory Civil Births
County Gloucestershire

Janet E
County Gloucestershire
Last name Tibbles
Country England
Marriage quarter 2
Volume 7B
Marriage year 1956
Volume as transcribed 7B
Registration month -
Page number 507
MarriageFinder™ Janet E Tibbles married one of these people
John A Suggars
Record set England & Wales Marriages 1837-2005
Spouse's last name Suggars
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
District Cheltenham

on er for cheltenham with john 2002 - 2013

pm sent

Maddie

Maddie Report 22 Jul 2022 15:35

Archer
Kathryn J

1946 mmn tibbles married 1970 to malcolm t manock
on er for cheltenham 2002

Archer
Margaret E

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England

Archer
Susan M
1943 mmn tibbles married 1964 Bartley K Shiver
they went to america
bartley died 1979

Name: Bartley R. Shiver [
]
Residence Place: 3433 Casa CT., Clarkston, GA.
Death Date: Abt 1979
Obituary Date: 16 Nov 1979
Obituary Place: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Newspaper Title: The Atlanta Constitution
Mother:
Delah Shiver
Child:
Gary Shiver
Kevin Shiver died 2009

as susan not on above notice did they split and she returned

Name: MS Susan M Archer
Birth Date: 1942-1944
Residence Date: 2007-2008
Address:
Residence Place: Bristol, Gloucestershire, England

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Jul 2022 15:44

Maddie,with 55 trees on Ancestry I do think it is down to Rhod to do the research. With William being born in 1847 there are quite likely a HUGE number of descendants all over the world. As well as all the trees on Ancestry There are also three trees on here with Tibbles from Cirencester.

In my pm asking him to come back I have pointed out that if he doesn’t remove his contact details someone could report him. and then the whole thread could disappear - along with all your hard work.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Jul 2022 17:31

Yes Rhod, I do understand the implications but the T & c clearly state that you cannot post personal contact details. I suggest you remove them and then ask Genes for permission to post them again. But you would wait quite a while for a reply.

My concern is that someone will report your post and then post will be blanked until either it is reinstated or the whole thread is removed. It happens.

Anyone w ho is a member can contact you by pm as Maddie and I have done.

Anyone who is a descendant of William would only find your post by searching for the name. It is a fairly rare occurrence that anyone does pick up on a name and when they do it is years later.

Hopefully you have put this out on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. There are over 250 Tibbles on 192. I assume you have started researching the family to find all those descendants.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 23 Jul 2022 11:37

Rhod hasn't opened the pm telling him to get back to his thread and has started another one on FLR: www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1400440?jump=1400440

This one explains the medical issue.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Jul 2022 11:57

Clickable link:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1400440

I've also PM'd Rhod, to let him know that he has to keep looking at his threads, as he's a new poster and may be expecting GR to notify him of replies .

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jul 2022 16:30

Rhod did eventually open my pm.

Such a shame that he seems unable to take on board the informaiton given to him.

I do hope he has realised that this is not the best site to put out this awful news and that he has started being proactive in contacting the tree holders on here and on ancestry and finding other routes to putting this out there.