Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tibbles and Tay Sachs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

rhod

rhod Report 23 Jul 2022 09:30

Tay Sachs disease is horrendous genetic disease, that can devastate families....
This gene has run down the Cirencester/Wiltshire Tibbles line since at least at least mid 1800's.... It has already impacted our family line in 2 of the last 3 generations.... Those who might be impacted need to research it , and seriously consider getting tested.., for reasons which will be self-evident, especially if you are descended from the following:

William Tibbles, DOB1847 , Daglingworth/Cirencester
Anne M Tibbles DOB 1849
Edith Tibbles DOB 1869, Cirencester
Mary J Tibbles DOB 1874, Purton
Ernest W Tibbles DOB 1872 Cirencester
Beatrice Tibbles DOB 1877, Swindon
William (George) Tibbles, 1878, Chippenham
Alice Tibbles DOB 1881, Swindon

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 23 Jul 2022 11:35

A Terrible disease.

You haven't opened the mesage telling you how to get back to your other thread :
www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1400433
one wonders if you will get back to this.

As I have explained before, it is extremely unlikley that anyone of this family will see your post. If they do it is often 10 years or more later.

You need to make a family tree so you can work out the descendants rather than expect them to find your post. Once you have found what appear to be living relatives, volunteers on here may be able to help you find them. But you need to do the owrk. Such as contacting the three tree holders on here that have Tibbles of Cirencester in their tres. You need to join Ancestry and lokk at the 55 trees that have William Tibbles 1847 in them.

You could also take a DNA test with Ancestry to try to find some of the remote members of the tribe. You may be able to add something to your profile explaining why you have a tree - but again - contact must be done through the messaging system..

I wish you all the bast.

Names

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Jul 2022 11:47

Clickable link to the thread mentioned above:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1400433

I've PM'd Rhod to let him know that he has to keep looking at his threads, as he's a new poster and may be expecting GR to notify him of replies.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 23 Jul 2022 13:12

Thanks for the links AG. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t and I don’t always spot those ones.

Rhod posted the OP an hour after I sent him a pm about how to return to his thread - he still hadn’t opened it. :-S

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Jul 2022 11:35

To prove my point over the delays in getting a response - there is a gap of 17 years in a FA post today!

Rhod still hadn’t opened my pm, nor does it appear that he has added any sort of tree for Cirencester Tibbles.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 25 Jul 2022 15:36

Names -
to post a clickable link, you have to include the "https" at the beginning.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Jul 2022 17:29

Hi AG

Sometimes nothing works. When I do spot it not working I sometimes try several times and then just remove it. If I haven't removed it it means I didn't spot it hadn't worked.

The pm was opened this morning.

Names