General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Walnut Tea Bread Wednesday

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 3 Aug 2022 06:38

:-D :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3 <3

Morning, cloudy here :-0 :-0 :-0 and 28C

for those who need them ((((<3 <3 <3 <3))))

They are in the air and due 5 minutes early.

Daughter sent text to me to so all was OK and their cases were going on the aircraft and then sent a photo from the bus they were travelling on to the plane. They should arrive in just under 4 hours. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Fly

Fly Report 3 Aug 2022 06:54

Morning Pat :-D <3 are you pacing the floor with excitement <3

Off to do my food shopping before it gets too hot :-0

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 3 Aug 2022 07:13

Morning Fly:-D :-D <3 <3

No Fly as I have a very sore knee due to Priya turning me around , I pivoted on my left leg and my left knee has slight damage from all the sport I used to do. Priya decided she was going to have it out with the little dog who always barks at her. I had the lead in my left hand and she shot passed me on my left pulling me round before I could anchor up to hold her back, she is a very strong dog. Thought I'd got away with it as I had no pain. When I got up to go to bed I realised I had a problem. Dreadful night's sleep as I couldn't find a comfortable position and this morning I have a very swollen knee :-(

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 3 Aug 2022 07:33

Morning Hopalong and Fly. :-D <3

I hope you get some ease soon, Pat. <3

Also, I hope you enjoy your time with your daughter and family.

Fly, I have a Sainsburys’ delivery due this morning. I have only been in there once and into Marksys once since March 2020. I am turning into my Mum who used to get two deliveries per week when I was a very young child.

I just can’t be bothered to grocery shop now, I have no enthusiasm for it. I think one of my sisters-in-law is like me as my brother is still doing click-and-collect.

It’s sunny and bright here with a temperature of 21 and higher promised. :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 3 Aug 2022 08:02

Morning Joy :-D :-D <3 <3

Thank you Joy

Bless her as soon as she'd finished the packing last night she let me know :-D

Taken a tablet to ease the problem and will be careful for the next couple of days. Hopefully it'll soon be gone.

I should see her about 12.00 BST <3

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 3 Aug 2022 08:10

Morning Pat, Fly and Joy :-D <3 <3 <3

Hope you have a lovely time with your family Pat <3 and the injury will not stop you from having fun.

Get shopping Fly. ;-)

I have no enthusiasm for shopping either Joy. Cant say I have much for cooking either. :-D ;-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Aug 2022 08:24

Morning Pat, Fly, Joy and Maddie :-)

Pat
I hope your knee soon recovers .
Have a wonderful time with your daughter and family <3
You've waited so long for this.

Washing just about to finish it's final spin, but I'm not sure what else is in store for today.... nothing too energetic, as it's still warm and muggy here.

I don't mind grocery shopping now.
Daughter always takes us at quiet times, so it's no hassle.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 3 Aug 2022 08:32

Morning Maddie :-D :-D <3 <3

Morning Gwyn :-D :-D <3 <3

Thank you both <3 <3

I've always hated shopping so does my daughter, it's so funny when we go shopping as we both know what we want so only go the shops we need and then go straight home.

Von

Von Report 3 Aug 2022 08:33

Morning all :-D <3

Sorry to hear about your knee Pat. Hope the pain eases soon <3 <3

Very dull here but still nice and warm ;-)

Out to an exhibition today :-D :-D :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Aug 2022 08:47

Morning Von :-)

I hope you enjoy the exhibition..... paintings ?

Daughter has just told me that we have a hosepipe ban starting soon .... I'm not surprised, but it won't bother us much really.

We are economical with summer water having lived in Cyprus for some time and having had water supply to the flat turned off for half of each day in peak season :-0

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 3 Aug 2022 09:04

Morning Von, Enjoy your exhibition and tell us all about it. :-D :-D <3 <3

It teaches you how much you need water and how to economise doesn't it Gwyn. There are a lot more dams now up on the high ground.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 3 Aug 2022 10:54

Morning Pat, Fly, Joy, Maddie, Gwyn & Von <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Very warm again here :-0

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 3 Aug 2022 10:55

Sorry to hear about your knee Pat...hope it doesn't become too troublesome <3

Not long now ;-) :-D :-D <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 3 Aug 2022 10:57

Just collected my Click... can't stand shopping :-0

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 3 Aug 2022 10:57

Morning Maddie, Gwyn and Von. <3 :-D

I’m a bit like that with cooking too, Maddie, but OH does his fair share and always has done. He is a late riser usually so always gets his own breakfast. He has set dinner menus too but I don’t mind at all.

Von, which exhibition?

I don’t think we had many hosepipe bans when we lived overseas.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 3 Aug 2022 10:58

Enjoy your exhibition, Von :-D <3

Island

Island Report 3 Aug 2022 12:25

Morning all :-D :-D :-D :-D

Slabs were damp here and there was fine...... what's that wet stuff called?.... ah! RAIN in the air earlier.

Bet you wished you hadn't asked Fly ;-) :-D :-D

what yer like Pat? spinning with the dog when you need to be tip top for visitors :-0
frozen peas! ;-) :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 3 Aug 2022 12:27

What's Von got on display now?

Little Fly needs to know or he'll ravage the cat again :-0

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 3 Aug 2022 12:28

Afternoon Von, Gwyn, Belle, and Island :-D <3

I also will be interested in what exhibition Von has gone to see. :-)

We have a very good system Gwyn, I do the shopping and cooking, BUT, I do not have to clean windows, the stove, decorating or put my hand in the loo!

Not sunny here, but still very warm.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 3 Aug 2022 12:31

I wonder if it is the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy? :-)