General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

70th birthday.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 25 Jun 2023 14:09

For a female, what on earth do you buy for such a person that isn't too mobile but loves doing family history? Getting a bit desperate now. xx.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Jun 2023 14:22

Sorry, can’t help. Didn’t have much of a birthday - it was during covid.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 25 Jun 2023 14:24

Aww sorry to hear that nameslessone. :-(

Von

Von Report 25 Jun 2023 14:38

Do you know their particular area of study?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jun 2023 14:42

A subscription to a genealogy site?

Annx

Annx Report 25 Jun 2023 14:52

Or a subscription for a genealogy magazine?

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 25 Jun 2023 15:10

Depends what you want to spend but genealogy supplies such as binders or long certificate books might be acceptable. There is cheap stuff around and better quality or you could get a gift voucher from S & N Genealogy Supplies and let her choose her own product.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 25 Jun 2023 18:03

Well I confess it is for me and he has found fault with what you lovely people have suggested so I will probably get some s..t that he likes if that's what happens I will tell him what I think. Thank you for taking the time you took to put up ideas. xx.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Jun 2023 18:07

Thought it likely ;-)

Reminds me of my brothers, would only buy me the record I wanted if they liked it themselves :-P

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 25 Jun 2023 18:18

What is it with some people, I'm not an ungrateful person but when you buy a present for someone it is what the person would like not the giver. Grrr.

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 Jun 2023 18:36

ZZzzz let him give you what he thinks, in the meantime buy the items you really want, and then give HIM the present he has given you on his next birthday.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jun 2023 18:53

Reminds me of the birthday my ex gave me a load of 'Le Creuset' pans :-|

Problem was, i was pregnant - the pans were heavy - he had to cook :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 25 Jun 2023 21:47

Our children bought OH 70 bottles of different foreign beers, which is what she had asked for.

I bought her the house, which she wanted!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 25 Jun 2023 23:46

ZZzzz why not ask him for £70 then you can treat yourself to some new clothes or perfume, whatever you would like. Win, win situation all round.

You get what you want and he pays for it.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 25 Jun 2023 23:47

Allan :-D :-D :-D Jolly decent of you and the most expensive present ever!!

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Jun 2023 15:15

I have told him your thoughts and some of mine so he has some ideas now thank you all, I will let you know what he buys for me. xx.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jun 2023 15:21

I have to admit we both now tend to say we don’t know what we want for a present.

Next year will be interesting as it our golden wedding.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 26 Jun 2023 15:38

Something made of gold then names ;-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Jun 2023 15:40

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. :-)

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 26 Jun 2023 16:28

Remembering back when we were first courting (such an old fashioned expression) I found out that M-in-L and S-in-L's (3) all had birthdays within a 5 months period.

So I found out exactly when, scoured the card shops for cards that suited them and bought pressie that I had found they would like during conversations.

At the end of the year it was my birthday, and they all got me the same. Nothing! :-0 :-D :-D

Congrats Names, our is next month. :-)