General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wally Wednesday

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 4 Oct 2023 10:27

:-D :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D :-D

It was a bit of a chilly willy walkies :-0 :-0

Hugs for them that need em <3 <3

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 4 Oct 2023 12:32

Afternoon Belle :-D <3

I made the mistake of going out without a coat, kidding myself I was a brave little soldier. :-0 :-0

Now I am back home, it has warmed up. :-P

Fly

Fly Report 4 Oct 2023 12:39

Morning Belle :-D <3 Maddie :-D <3

Breezy and chilly here :-0 just saying ;-)

Von

Von Report 4 Oct 2023 15:00

Afternoon all :-D <3

Bright and sunny here now :-D

There was a chill in the air earlier ;-)

Off to a zoom call now ;-)

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 4 Oct 2023 15:16

Afternoon everyone :-D <3 <3

Lovely weather here today although quite breezy, been out twirly blowing but am now aching everywhere….I have a Sparkles steak ‘pie for tea…so will slap ‘that in the oven with baked potatoes…..shower and paper now cos I /need to put me legs up :-D :-D :-D

Thought for the day….How many adults in this country will be using the new super fast rail link…travelling from Birmingham to London or v/v. 100 million up to now and not a piece of track laid…..peoples property and land compulsory purchased who are still waiting for payment
:-| :-|

It makes you wonder who has got rich out of all this….where each contract went and to whom…for doing naff all :-0

They should scrap the bleedy lot cos it will just keep on flushing money down the pan.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 Oct 2023 15:56

Afternoon everyone :-)

Beautiful day here.
I'm just back from being on safari :-D

School trip to a conservation zoo park, to learn more about gorillas and other animals.
On the safari bus, we were just a few feet away from lots of giraffes :-D

Ann
I think Von has mentioned this ill-thought plan in the past too :-| :-|

A man here who was denied compulsory purchase........
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-67006024

Fly

Fly Report 4 Oct 2023 19:10

Evening :-D

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 4 Oct 2023 19:14

Wotcha :-D <3

Shocking Gwyn…one of many. I could not bear listening to him on the 6pm news…and wifey…what was that all about :-|

Evening Fly <3

Fly

Fly Report 4 Oct 2023 19:15

Evening Ann :-D <3

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 4 Oct 2023 19:15

Evening :-D <3

Sounds interesting your trip to the Zoo, Gwyn. Remember going to Chessington years ago. London Zoo was a regular visit with the kids, until it got too expensive! :-0

I went past the Euston site on Monday. Amazing what you can see from the top of a bus. It was like the Mary Celeste. No workmen, or equipment, just a vast expanse of flattened land with piles of bricks in each corner.

They moved all the residents out of the housing estate opposite, and demolished the headquarters of a retail company, and a hospital. The St James churchyard's residents were exhumed and buried elsewhere. Remember the programme with Alice Roberts?

They took the Euston Arch away years ago, and it is supposed to be in a field somewhere! :-(

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 4 Oct 2023 19:16

Evening Fly and Ann :-D <3 <3

With my sermon this evening, you slipped by me. :-D :-D

Fly

Fly Report 4 Oct 2023 19:17

Evening Maddie :-D <3

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 4 Oct 2023 19:21

Evening MG <3 <3

It just makes me so mad…listening to the people of Birmingham who are saying there is a totally adequate service which runs from there to London……it just beggars belief that this has been going on for so long and not one piece of track has been laid….the Government are a bunch of clowns

:-|

Von

Von Report 4 Oct 2023 19:21

Evening all :-D <3

Don’t get me started ;-) ;-)

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 4 Oct 2023 19:22

Evening Fly, Ann & Maddie <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D

It's a bit chilly willy :-0

I had me shower mid afternoon when it was slightly warmer :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 4 Oct 2023 19:22

One of my cousin's had his house compulsory purchased. Got less than the market value he reckoned. :-(

Von

Von Report 4 Oct 2023 19:22

Oh but Ann wait a minute. We have the start of a tunnel :-0 :-0 :-| :-|

Fly

Fly Report 4 Oct 2023 19:22

Evening Von :-D <3

Very polite of you Ann :-0

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 4 Oct 2023 19:23

Evening Von, you snucked in ;-) <3 :-D

Fly

Fly Report 4 Oct 2023 19:24