General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well things ain’t going too well

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Nov 2023 16:18

Had a full hysterectomy end 1921 ( correction 2021 ) !
Had everything removed including cervix and lymph nodes and initially all removed ok but check revealed that 70 % of it was sarcoma so chemo was recommended which i had three rounds of

Was then told unfortunately the cancer has gone up to a paraortal lymph node that wasn’t treatable cos too near to main tubes so radiation would damage

Lymph node too to deep for surgery

So have been monitored since and all been ticking along ok with little movement

But had a ct scan on 4th oct and follow uo with oncologist on 28th and it’s not what we wanted to hear

The lymph node cancer is bigger and I now have uterine cancer lumps in the both lungs

Whilst they aren’t causing any symptoms yet they will and it’s terminal

Will be looking at 2 years maximum!

To say it’s devastating is an understatement!

I know at my age I am in the twilight but to be told this is frightening tbh :-(

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 Nov 2023 16:57

<3 Shirley <3

No words are adequate at a time like this, but I know you have a very loving and supportive family and we are all here whenever you want to come and chat, so never feel you must face things alone.
xx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Nov 2023 17:07

Thank you Gwyn

Am still plodding along and gone pragmatic again in that I have no control on what’s going on inside

What is more upsetting is how the news is affecting my close family and how they are panicking on losing me !

Wish I could take that away but it’s not in my control

So am just plodding along and going with what the oncologist suggests with any possible treatment to alleviate effects as they will occur

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 10 Nov 2023 17:07

So sorry to read this Shirley....it must have been devastating.....sending hugs<3 <3

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 10 Nov 2023 17:10

Shirley, I can only repeat what Gwyn has said. We are all here for you. Sending you a gentle hug <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Nov 2023 17:13

Thanks folks <3

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 10 Nov 2023 17:14

Thinking of you Shirley <3 <3

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Nov 2023 18:05

So sorry to read this Shirley. My thoughts are with you And the family.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Nov 2023 18:21

Sorry to read this Shirley. I have a huge admiration for you for your attitude towards this scary horrible thing.
We will be here to listen when you want help. Fingers crossed that you will surprise them all. <3 <3 <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 10 Nov 2023 18:21

<3 <3 <3 <3 thinking of you all Shirley

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Nov 2023 18:31

<3 <3 <3Aw Shirley bless you.

As others have said, it's not the news you or anyone wants to hear but we are all here to support you anytime night or day.
I think you have had such a massive positive attitude since before your op in 2021 and that has kept you going.

Carry on as you normally do, enjoy life to the full and make lots of memories for your family.

Love & hugs to you and all the family <3 <3

Florence in the hebrides

kandj

kandj Report 10 Nov 2023 18:39

Shirley, I'm so very sorry to read your sad news. My thoughts and prayers are sent to you and to your family right now. Gentle hugs xx

Fly

Fly Report 10 Nov 2023 19:01

Shirley <3 <3

Von

Von Report 10 Nov 2023 19:30

Shirley thinking of you <3 <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Nov 2023 20:19

Shirley, I'm so sorry to hear this. It is never news that anyone wants to hear. <3 <3

Enjoy life, and your family, and just take it as it comes.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 10 Nov 2023 21:01

So sorry to read your latest update Shirley. I can only imagine how you feel.

I have quietly admired your positive attitude since your diagnosis and surgery and hope that this, along with the love and support of your family and friends, will help you through. <3 <3

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Nov 2023 23:23

So sorry to hear that, Shirley.

agingrocker

agingrocker Report 11 Nov 2023 07:17

So sorry to read this Shirley. Stay positive, my Nan was given 6 months but lived another 12 years before she died of something else - and treatments now are a lot better than they were then.

Best Wishes

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Nov 2023 14:38

<3 <3 <3 <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Nov 2023 20:43

Thank you all for your support

Yes it’s not what you want to hear but I intend to not get in a tizz over it and to get on with living and getting out whilst I can ,

Not rushing towards tomorrow that’s for sure :-P