General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR Sahara Trek.... Its happening in 2 DAYS!!. Exp

Page 0 + 1 of 37

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Apr 2005 10:26

See the first post for an explanantion of sponsorship and the trekkers are Pink Diana, Daisy, Anna, Chunks, Andy Oop North, Julie, Gemma, Tracey, Suzy C, Susiebabes, Cliff, Sheila, Yvette, Jack and Clare are off very soon to do 100km across the Sahara in aid of Cancer Research UK!!

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Apr 2005 10:28

Hi everyone, I will try and explain this briefly!! I set the target of £3500 - as last year I had to raise £3000 for China and there was a £500 administration fee to join it. There was no admin fee this year as I am doing it voluntarily! the 80% before they go is due to previous treks (not organised by us) have had participants that DID NOT raise the minimum amount needed to cover the costs involved and therefore the trip was paid for by the charity! So this way they are covered if nothing is gathered after the trek. Basically CRUK recommend that where there are costs to get a participant to do something then the costs can not be more than 30% of what is raised! Paul is slightly out as it costs £995 for each trekker to go and that legally comes out of the sponsor money and is explained on the sponsor forms! Hope that makes sense and if you wish to add to a pot of funds where any struggling trekkers shortfall will come from there is an online facility https://www*bmycharity*com/V2/pinksahara or you can pm me and i will give you an address to send cheques. Hope this helps clarify everything. The trekkers are:- Yvette (DEFO) Clare in Dewbury (DEFO) Me (DEFO) Julia D (DEFO) Andy Oop North (DEFO) Chunky Monkey - DEFO Jack is All Woman (DEFO) Daisy has stopped dithering and is now a DEFO Tracey from Rushden (DEFO) Susie babes Barber (DEFO) Anna Stephenson (DEFO) Gemma (defo) Sheila (defo) Cliff (defo) Suzy Camay (defo)

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 11 Apr 2005 10:41

Brilliant! Bev

*Clare

*Clare Report 11 Apr 2005 11:08

And maybe me- Still thinking about it, i would love to do it Clarexx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Apr 2005 11:08

Go on Clare..... it will be a right laugh and I'll help you raise the funds!! :O)

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 11 Apr 2005 11:10

Got to admit that I am really looking forward to it!

*Clare

*Clare Report 11 Apr 2005 11:12

I am seriously thinking about it, i probably will do it, but just want to make sure i'm certain before i say yes.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Apr 2005 11:23

Bev, it's exciting huh? I will email you the itinerary once you send me an email address and you can see what you are letting yourself in for!! :O)

Lucky

Lucky Report 11 Apr 2005 11:33

Will speak to my daughter. Diane

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Apr 2005 11:49

Thanks Diane.... if you email thepinkfund at handbag(.)com I can send you the details for her to look at! Pink xx

Andy

Andy Report 11 Apr 2005 11:54

Pink, well, if I did, it must have been the Grolsch that was talking. ;-) I got your email and have had a look at the details. I'm not saying no, at this stage but would need to give it some thought. Andy x

Here

Here Report 11 Apr 2005 12:01

Hi Pink Please put me down. I would love to join you and the other mad lot - I have already spoken to a few folks about sponsorship. Jxx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Apr 2005 12:02

Andy, don't go backing out on me now!! :O) Let me know if you can come.... I promise you won't get sun-burnt!! :O)

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Apr 2005 12:09

Diana, Got your mail, thanks. Looks great... am off to Tunisia in a few weeks, hopefully will manage a trip to the sahara... so will be able to report back on whether I think I can handle the heat lol Am also investigating the possibility of me getting some corporate sponsorship :) Paul

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Apr 2005 12:19

Paul.... I won't pressure you but please don't forget that Feb and Mar are the wet season in the Sahara and therefore any temperature that you guage now will be completely out!! Corporate sponsorship is the way to go mate!! :O)

Yvette

Yvette Report 11 Apr 2005 12:44

Hi Pink Just got your email about the trek....what can i say except........YES YES YES.... i can't wait, sign me as a definite etc etc etc...... The dates are fine by me. Mal will book some holiday to look after Adam so i am free to trek :-)) My son David would love to do it as well, but we are not sure we can manage 2 x £3,500, so he is asking if he can sign up at a later date if we can manage it? To say he is green that i am doing it is an understatement, lol. Typical teenagers eh! can't let the parents have all the fun :-)) Well, back to my cake baking duties for now, i am teaching Adam how to make coconut cake today......it's such a shame that as a caring loving Mum i will have to help him eat it....LOLOL Yvette

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Apr 2005 12:56

Yvette, YES BABE he can come in at a later date!! If you are in and want to start collecting sponsorship I can email you a form tomorrow which will start you off!! You have to tell people that it's a trek and that the fund is paying for you to do it, but this is NORMAL so no-one should object! Pink xx

*Clare

*Clare Report 11 Apr 2005 13:08

I've got to do this, so count me in. oh no what have i done??? lol If it means helping raise money to stop or try and stop other people go through what our family are at the moment, i'm all for that!!! Love Clarexx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Apr 2005 13:10

Clare, you won't regret it sweetie I promise!! :O) I'm over Gaynors on Saturday and I understand you'll be there too so I'll scare you with detail then!! :O)

*Clare

*Clare Report 11 Apr 2005 13:11

Will look forward to that then Diana, honest lol See you saturdayxx We could try and get George and Macia in on it too.