General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NEW Wattle Club this is number 3 for the Aussies,

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra by the sea

Sandra by the sea Report 25 Oct 2008 23:32

Hello, Where has all our posts gone to??? someone has deleted them.

Spooky Sandra in the Gong

JALimestonePlains

JALimestonePlains Report 26 Oct 2008 01:25

OH not again this happened on the old Canada thread recently and we never got an explantion that made sense from GR
Started a new thread and it seems ok now
Maybe someone should ask GR for an explanation lara would be the best person I think

JA

Laurie

Laurie Report 26 Oct 2008 02:35

Ahh thats sad . . . an empty Wafflers thread! Ahhh well could have been worse, we can still add to it.

Hope all are well and enjoying a lovely relaxing sunday . .

I'm just packing again to go back up home to QLD in the morning . . nice early flight so we will have to leave here about 4.30 to make it in time. Have to get there early as I have tradies booked in for the day.

We had a lovely day yesterday to celerate our 37th anniversary, thank you for all the good wishes from us both.
We went to Cabramatta, well known for its asian flavour - Vietnamese food to die for. Came home with a good supply of seafood which we had last night, and lots of containers of their fab sweets, some to take up home with me tomorrow. I just love what they do with tapioca, and sticky rice and all sorts of fruits . .
TLR is glued to the tele for the car race this afternoon, so I had best get back to work - he is well house trained but . . . . . teehee

luv Laurie xo
PS . . I think Lara is away at the moment so we will have to muddle on till she returns L xo

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 26 Oct 2008 03:03

Arvo.

Dont know whats happening, but the latest Wattle thread has dissapeared.?...and we appear to be back on Wattle thread 3 ( strange )

Also....if you go back a few pages and dates we appear to have posted ( recently ) to this thread...... 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 |...right back to page 1...... but no ones saying nuffin and posts are deleted.( Weird....lol )
Possibly a GR stuff up....somewhere.?

Tony...:>)))

June

June Report 26 Oct 2008 03:20

Hello to all wattlers, Arrived back on Wed. from holiday in England. Wonderful time, and advice from wattlers was much appreciated. Didn't get to do much fam. hist., though, too busy having a good time, and seeing the countryside. Although I did get to meet prev. unknown cousins - 2 lots, all found through GR and some of its lovely people. Weather was diabolical when we arrived back. but OK now. Cheers, June (Batemans Bay)

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 26 Oct 2008 03:33

Hi June...:>))

Welcome home from your Holiday in England mate.

( scratches me head )......Think i have worked out whats happening with the new Wattler thread.
It appears to have merged "old Wattle thread 2 0r 3 with new Wattle thread"... together somehow. Or GR has merged both threads accidently...... Other explanation is.........we are evolving...........pmsl

Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Report 26 Oct 2008 03:38

Well it looks like the gremlins have been here...or the site is doing some housework,,tidying up the big threads...

June Glad you had a good time in the UK.How long did you go for..and what parts did you see..

Hope all are well and Merle how is ya going....Are you going to rehab for the knee..hope it is starting to feel a bit better each day..will have you jogging soon..ppppp

HAve a nice weekend all..

Love Maryxxxx

♫♪ Yvonne from Oz ♫♪

♫♪ Yvonne from Oz ♫♪ Report 26 Oct 2008 07:16

Ok, are we all playing three little monkeys? pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Know nothing, see nothing, say nothing?? I can't imagine a bunch of Wattlers saying nothing!!

Welcome back June - I'm glad you had such a nice holiday.

Vonny

Pearl of the South

Pearl of the South Report 26 Oct 2008 08:34

What on earth is going on? Hi Mary darling, yes I have physio twice a week at the horspiddle and have to do the rest myself. Am being very good Groan!! Went for a short walk on the crutches and hurt my knee and today it don't want to bend. Had some blood tests on Thursday because it is much warmer than the other knee and of course twice as large so heres hoping for a clear blood report tomorrow. Welcome back June. Haven't read back but has anyone heard how Leith is getting on please? Its qiute exhausting looking after myself. Cleaner should be here Tuesday so that will help/.
Noeline and Shevaun are out house hunting today as Homes west are turfing them out. She's making too much money now. Might have more on that score later in the week. love to all, Me

Sandra by the sea

Sandra by the sea Report 27 Oct 2008 01:05

Hi All, Well are we back to normal lol methinks it twas GR mucking about.
Anyhow welcome back from Pommie land June glad you had a good time.
Merle hope the blood tests are ok and that you have't got an infection in that knee (fingers crossed)
Belated anniversary wishes Loz.

For anyone who dident see a previous post of mine cause it went into cyber space
an extract from the 1911 census (UK) as peeps wrote their own where possible one smart alec put
1 cat....occupation...domestic servant....nationality
Persian....... I thought it showed a bit of wit lol
We was given a load of lovely eucaliptas (sp) mulch
so spent all of Sunday mulching the garden beds looks a treat and smells lovely but oh the legs and back......

Well have a great day whats left of it

cheers Sandra in the Gong

June

June Report 28 Oct 2008 08:32

Hi to Mary in Sydney, We went to UK for 6 weeks. Spent 1 week on narrow boat on Canal -Alvechurch to Stratford-on-Avon, and then the rest of the time just touring around. Up the west coast, Lakes Dist. across to York, down the east coast, across to Oxford, then around the south coast & up to Sussex & Surrey. Great!!! Cheers, June

Pearl of the South

Pearl of the South Report 29 Oct 2008 01:36

Hi everyone. Blood test showed infection so am officially in hospital at home. Having intravenous antibiotics daily.Not a happy chappie at all.No im[provement as yet. Will have more blood tests tomorrow. Keep those prayers and good thoughts please.Luv Me

Gwenda

Gwenda Report 29 Oct 2008 02:05

Oh Merle - hope things improve quickly. Lots of positve thoughts and (((((hugs))))) coming your way.

Very dismal day in Cranberry town - might be some drizzle in them thar clouds but no rain to speak of.

Have done some vegie planting today - see what comes up.

Had 2 showers - second time with my clothes on - there must be an easier way to clean the shower but the screen door looks a million dollars now so worth the drenching.

OH in Geraldton and back to Perth overnight as there is no connecting flight to get him to Darwin until tomorrow. Gets back late Saturday night - guess Sunday will be recovery day.

Public holiday here on Tuesday for our 30th Wedding Anniversary - so nice of the government to do that for us - pmsl Hope to go out for lunch and that night the kids have paid for us all to see Cirque du Soleil in the VIP section - definitely a once off - next time we'll be back to the ordinary seats.

Hope everyone's having a great day, catch up ron

Gwenda

Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Report 29 Oct 2008 03:26

Hi everyone... We have rain..yippee...

Merle.. Butter,,butter, butter,,,ya didn't get out of the hospiddle fast enough..Rest that leg and take all the antibiotics the doc gives you..this is the last thing we wanted to happen..Do let me know what the next blood test says.. lotsa hugs and keep smiling,,(easier said than done I know).xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

June You certainly had a great trip..did you do any family history while you were away..that barge trip sounds fantastic.... my ancestors come from around that way,, Stourbridge area and Brierley Hill way..I have been to Stratford on Avon and we watched the barges going along the canal,,John even went down and helped 2 ladies who were finding it hard to open the loch gate, so he was the gentleman and did it for them,,it was great fun..

Went to water jerks today but our instructor was ill so one of the ladies took the class,,she used to be a ballet dancer so I think we got a lot of ballet exercises,,but it was great and we laughed all the way through..

Am not going to do some FH so have a lovely day..

Love Mary xxxxx

Aussieone

Aussieone Report 29 Oct 2008 03:33

Hello Wattlers

Merle what a b**** of a thing to happen, hope it gets under control very quick, at least you are home and not stuck in the hospital.

Gwenda, thought only Vic had a holiday on Tuesday. Very nice present you have got from the kids, enjoy.

June sounds like your trip was very nice and thoroughly enjoyed.

Sandra yes I did see your post about the cat on the census pmsl, some people lol.

Tony I had this thread saved to my firefox webpage and I just clicked on it as usual and it came up the same just posts are deleted, if it was merged or something I wouldnt have thought I could access it through my saved tab, but who knows.

~~~ to Vonny, Mary, L'oz and everyone else looking in.
Have a nice day :-) Cheers Sue

♫♪ Yvonne from Oz ♫♪

♫♪ Yvonne from Oz ♫♪ Report 30 Oct 2008 05:16

So sorry to hear your news, Merle. Hope the blood tests show an improvement today.

Tassie - we have a holiday on Tuesday because apparently we were missing some :)

June - sounds like a great holiday - I want to go on a narrow boat when we go to Scottyland in two years time.

Will be away for next week so catch you all when i get back.

~~~~~~~~~~~ Vonny

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 30 Oct 2008 13:10

Hi My Friends I am back, sorry to who evers message I am bumping of the face of the thread into oblivion lol have just sent a message to GR and asked what the b heck is going on in a nice way of course omg what a shock I got I thought better read back from about page five so to catch up and lo and behold lots of people saying saying nuffin not funny GR Anyway hopefully will get an answer this arvo
Me what a butter gosh you like Mike did you break a mirror or do that other thing what isn't politically correct to say anymore (whispering) you know killed some sort of people, what is the antibiotic Merle ask them and ask what the infection is darlin and get some Inner Health Plus from the chemist as these super strength intravenous antibiotics mess up all the good bacteria we need in our systems , So you under HITH too like Mike was and do you have a PIK line in your arm and a bum bag with the bottle in it to?.Are they doing the blood test every couple days Merle ?
Mike is going well his infection level was the same as any"normal" person when we went to see the surgeon and she was chuffed but it was one heck of an effort for us to go away I am pooped after my "holiday " as we took Bill and I had to do it all lift him up take him for walks and do everything else like food shopping and etc where we would normally share it all. he was able to set the van up and take it off and put back on the car which was big archievement in its self and now we are home he is on one walking stick instead of the two crutches and says that is good but still using crutches dirst thing in the mornings as he is a bit stiff then ( no his left leg ) you naughty lot lol.
Ihave had alot of good luck re my FH since talking to you all I decided to join Ancestry to be able to get the aussie record etc and have had some great results . I also have had a beaut connection through my article in the magazine I have througj the kindness of another lady been told that she had been helping a fellow member of her FH group trying to find my George Day and Mary O'Loughlin too as she is a descendant and this lady offered to go and see her as she has had to stop driving as she is vision impaired now and she did this and then wrote to me to tell me that Shirley would love to hear from me, Due to the fact she is also hard of hearing I waited till I got home to use the land line to ring her as we all know how reliable our mobiles are and I rang her yesterday and had a lovely chat sad to say though she knows NO,more about Samuel Day/O'Days father and mother than I do Boo Hoo I thought we might be able to tear down a brick wall between the two of us. Anyway she is 81 and I am hopefully going to visit her on our way to or back from Queensland at Xmas .
I also found a photo on ancestry of my grandfathers sister and as I have never seen any photos of my grandfather at all, this was great and I have made contact with her son who is still with us so that's been lovely too.
thanks to all the wattlers who have bought the extra tickets with any winnings they were holding should make sure we have a win shouldn't it thanks too to the person who swapped with me didn't take my printer with me so couldn't scan a you all via our mate Tony so better to swap I thought ok better go and do some h/w and see you all later on love to all Lara

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 30 Oct 2008 13:14

ok just got a reply from genes this is what I wrote to them
hello Genes reunited can you please tell me what has happened to our thread Wattle Club
no 3 on the general board I have been away and today when I accessed the thread I
thought I better read from page 5 down to page one to catch up and found that all the
posts have been deleted ,KInd regards Lara
but that was not enough detail for them so have said the same again in more detail and we will see what happens nynite all

Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Report 31 Oct 2008 04:31

Hi Lara Good to have you home safe and sound..
Your reply from GR is the standard reply and no further will be done..I was trying to reduce my posts on other threads that went back years but some of them are so big with hundreds of pages that I nearly gave up..once we could click on "show my posts " and we could click to delete them,,Cant do that any more,,You have to go right through the thread to find all your posts and delete them one at a time..Takes ages and you don't know how many posts you have done so have to search every page...gggggrrrrr

Hope Mikes knee is holding up ok and he didn't do any damage to it maneuvering the van.

Merle Have you had any more blood tests..if so what was the result..is the knee feeling better at all.. do hope you are resting it,,better said than done I know..is Noeline home yet..are you getting any help at home..big hugs and love..xxx

Well might do some FH so have a nice day..

Love Mary xxxx

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 31 Oct 2008 11:54

Hi all just got this nice reply from Estelle at Genes and have decided to take her advice

Dear Lara,
I am really sorry as I don't know what has happened here. It did happen once before on
a thread which I reported to the technical team. I have now added this example too for
them to look at. Hopefully they will fix this soon. In the mean time the best option would be for you to
start a new thread.
Best regards,
Estelle
Genes Reunited Support Team

Ok everyone time for the Wattlers to have thread No 4 I will start it tonight so NO MORE MESSAGES ON HERE PLEASE OK see you on our new thread Love to all Lara