Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

searching for birth mother

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

martin

martin Report 3 Jul 2012 17:16

im lsearching for margaret walker nee winthorpe who i think is living in kent somewhere.She has 2 sons called mark and dominic.Any info would be great

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Petef

Petef Report 3 Jul 2012 17:32

Hi,
Could you give us the approximate age of the two sons,
Thanks
Peter

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Jul 2012 17:37

Not seeing any Walker/Winthorpe births.

Rose

martin

martin Report 3 Jul 2012 17:45

ages are 44 and 40

jax

jax Report 3 Jul 2012 18:07

Were they adopted? or have they not seen her for a while?

Are you one of the sons or are you someone else?

patchem

patchem Report 3 Jul 2012 18:13

Cannot see any Dom* with mother's maiden name Winthorpe from 1965 to 1975, and beyond.

The only birth for Margaret Winthorpe showing on free bmd is in 1937 for Margaret J.

jax

jax Report 3 Jul 2012 18:17

There was only one Margaret Winthorpe born and she did not marry a Walker

The one who married a walker could she have been married before?

patchem

patchem Report 3 Jul 2012 18:20

Margaret A Winthorpe married Mr Walker in 1966 Bournemouth.

And previously she was Kirkbridge or Kirkbride.

jax

jax Report 3 Jul 2012 18:22

Can you find a birth for her Patcham?

There is a Birth for Margaret J but she married someone else

Edit - Oh I see you have edited your post

patchem

patchem Report 3 Jul 2012 18:24

Dominic John Walker, 1972.

jax

jax Report 3 Jul 2012 18:27

If Martin is adopted maybe he should go through the proper channels to find her

Otherwise why say searching for birth mother?

patchem

patchem Report 3 Jul 2012 18:27

She was possibly born 1936, Cockermouth, because that was where the first wedding was.

martin

martin Report 3 Jul 2012 18:31

no they werent adopted.i was adopted and not sure if they are my half brothers or full brothers.patchem has the correct person but i am struggling to find any recent addresses.

patchem

patchem Report 3 Jul 2012 18:36

I think Dominic is on here.

martin

martin Report 3 Jul 2012 18:44

as in looking for living relatives ?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Jul 2012 20:10

As in Search Trees at the top.

Is your birth name Michael b1964?

Rose

martin

martin Report 4 Jul 2012 16:52

rose
yes,my birth name was michael born 1964

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Jul 2012 20:53

How do you know about Dominic and Mark? Do they know of you?

Rose

jax

jax Report 4 Jul 2012 21:12

This is what is worrying about this board that an adopted person could just turn up on the doorstep of unknowing siblings ect if they are easly traceable

I can understand you wanting to find your birth mother but you should really be going through an indermeditary to find and contact her in my opinion

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 4 Jul 2012 23:46

You should be going through the correct channels if you where adopted please read the notes at the top of this board

For people who are adopted, both the family trees of their birth parents and of their adoptive family are of interest, as both sets of people will have had an impact on the person you are. But many people who were adopted and fostered have a burning desire to uncover their birth family and understand their origins. Obviously tracing a birth parent can be a difficult search, both emotionally and practically. People wishing to find the new identity of an adopted relative can hire an intermediary agency through Directgov.

If you were adopted and want to know who your original parents were, contact the adoption authority of your local Social Services. They will arrange for appropriate counselling and you will be shown your original birth certificate, and your adoption papers, which should explain why you were adopted, and perhaps give some helpful details to help you trace your natural parents. There are also two other websites which can help to bring families looking for each other together - http://www.norcap.org.uk/ and http://www.postadoptioncentre.org.uk/Services/adviceline.php.

About time members took this into account before helping on this board

Roy