Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grandson

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 6 Oct 2012 12:04

Ihave been looking for my grandson for over 30yrs it was only when i was doing the family tree that i found out he was adopted,i kept wring to the other grandparents just asking for photo of him but they never replied ,and now i no why his Mum died when he was 2yrs old but my son is still alive .i did phone up atopted agency and he said as i was his grandmother they would gave me his name but then he said if i lived in England it would cost me nothing but because i live in Holland i would have to pay
but if anyone knows my grandson he has been in the army David Andrew Malcolm Williams born in Liverpool

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 6 Oct 2012 12:11

Hi 'dutch'.
I don't know about anybody else but I find that statement by the adoption agency a bit dubious - they don't know you are genuine, and even if they did it seems wrong to give out such info. How do you know which agency sorted out the adoption anyway?
You might put your details on the national adoption register in case he has registered on there:

http://www.ukbirth-adoptionregister.com/resources.php

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 6 Oct 2012 12:16

One more question! How do you know he was adopted? How could anyone possibly know he has been in the army??
Jan

dutch

dutch Report 6 Oct 2012 12:25

Hi Brummiejan
i sent for my grandsons birth cert and on the very bottom its adopted ,it was friend of one of my sons who told us he had been in the Army ,and she said he is loverly lad ,the chap i spoke to on the phone did ask me questions like did i have his birth cert ,marriage cert i said no as they were not married ,so he gave me another number to ring whic h deals with abroad ,plus i forgot to add he went to school with his cousin but they lost track of one another

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 6 Oct 2012 12:36

SO are you saying he tracked down his birth family? I assume the name above is his birth name, but he goes under a different name now?
You are saying all sorts of things which do not add up. If he had been adopted out of the family (I am guessing the 60's/70's maybe?) it's not very likely he would have been aware who his cousin was is it?
Jan

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Oct 2012 13:47

more details here

http://www.missing-you.net/people/david-andrew-malcolm-williams-bartlett-119840.php

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Oct 2012 13:53

From what you have said previously Dutch, his mother's parents kep him? so maybe the adoption was to them? In which case he may well use the name Bartlett?

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Oct 2012 14:11

Birth name was Bartlett, there is one marriage which is a possible if he kept that name I will send by PM, though if he married after 2006 won't be able to find anyway.

dutch

dutch Report 6 Oct 2012 15:31

Hi Jan and Rose sorry to muddle you up in 1980 my eldest son and his wife had baby girl on the 14 of November 1980,then my other son which is David father now on the birth cert it reads David Andrew Malcolm Williams born 28th of november 1980 they never married but both signed the birth cert Debra Elizabeth Bartlett,Malcom Robert Williams and at the very botton it has adopted sign Anthony m Bonkp Superantendent Regul cant make out the rest
does that explain it better
Dutchx

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 7 Oct 2012 02:50

LOOKS LIKE DAVID HAD A FAMILY TREE ON GR SOME YEARS AGO
HE HAS 3 MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS

DATA SENT RE GRANDPARENTS ETC

dutch

dutch Report 7 Oct 2012 12:25

sorry to sound abit vague but how do i get to get in contact with David?

dutch

dutch Report 19 Oct 2013 12:18

Kingsmill how do i look at that please as im his grandmother and one of my oldest is his dad ,but not seen him since davids mum died ,David is now 33yrs old

jax

jax Report 19 Oct 2013 12:59

There are three trees for David Bartlett 1980 Liverpool...two are approx. six years old and the other is older

Go to search all trees put in David Bartlett 1980 and you can then send a message by clicking on 'Find out more' next to his name

If his email address is still the same on at least one of them he will be notified

dutch

dutch Report 19 Oct 2013 15:36

H i Jax thank you but i have aslite problem 6weeks ago i had astroke and only came out of hospital after 6 weeks ,but cant understand things in my head somethings cant write the right way,i think you might no i live in Holland and my husband was so upstit as i was going to die but being me ive come wrote ,so thats why i want to find my grandson before anymore ill ness comes he was 2yrs old when i list saw him sorry for going on Dutchx

dutch

dutch Report 19 Oct 2013 15:57

have put that one but got no one mybe the rong one

dutch

dutch Report 19 Oct 2013 16:05

Ihave David Andrew Malcolm Williams certified copy and it dos say Adopted so he could have changed his mums name to Bartlett

jax

jax Report 19 Oct 2013 16:18

There is only one David Bartlett born 1980 in Liverpool he was registered in both parents names...David A M Williams and also David A M Bartlett

Have you written to his mothers parents they are living in Liverpool?

Just put in.... David Bartlett 1980...it will not accept middle names when using the search trees

brummie46

brummie46 Report 19 Oct 2013 16:27

have pm'd personally just with a little info on trying to find him

jax

jax Report 19 Oct 2013 16:40

I see Kingsmill sent data last year for Debra's parents to you...if that includes the address they are still there and have lived there since 1982

Penny

Penny Report 20 Oct 2013 08:12

Do you know who adopted this child after the death of his mother?

Was it his maternal grandparents or someone else?