Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Angela Ellinor - born 1960 in peterborough

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracy Rebecca S

Tracy Rebecca S Report 8 Apr 2013 23:15

Posting again as i messed up last post:

I am searching for my half sister Angela Ellinor, she was born in Peterborough, Northamptonshire in 1960

Our father Sidney Ellinor was born in March, Cambs in 1925 he married Margaret Ellis (Angela's mother) in 1960. I think their marriage ended early 70's when he met my mum and they married in 76, they had me in 74.

Can anyone help me please?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 8 Apr 2013 23:28

Hi Tracy.
Can I ask what you have already tried - 192.com, Facebook for example?
Must admit I can only see a birth for Angela, no marriage. There are a couple of marriages for a Margaret Ellinor but not in Northants.
If no other luck you might need to see if you can find out Margaret's details in order to look for possible family members.
Jan

Tracy Rebecca S

Tracy Rebecca S Report 8 Apr 2013 23:31

I have searched this website, curiousfox, ancestary, & births, marriages & deaths.

I have had a look around the internet and think i may have tracked her down to canterbury but cant confirm anything

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Apr 2013 23:34

Why did you delete the last thread? It had many responses.

As I said before, you will need to purchase her birth cert and you dad's marriage cert.

Rose

Tracy Rebecca S

Tracy Rebecca S Report 8 Apr 2013 23:37

I thought i made it to confusing.

Ok i will look into getting certs

patchem

patchem Report 8 Apr 2013 23:43

If you are referring to an entry for Angela M Ellinor in Canterbury on 192.com

1) At birth she is Angela Ellinor, no middle initial.

2)There is a marriage in Canterbury in 1989 between Angela M xxx and Mr Ellinor....

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 8 Apr 2013 23:45

Do you have the marriage cert to your father? If you can't find anything else, I would obtain this. At least you would then know Margaret's age, plus her father's details, which might help you track down other family members. Bit of a tangent but no real obvious signs of her or Angela as far as I can see.
I can see 2 Ellinor/Ellinor births in Peterborough (in the (90's) , but no telling if anything to do with you.
Jan

Tracy Rebecca S

Tracy Rebecca S Report 8 Apr 2013 23:48

No but i am going to get it.

Tracy Rebecca S

Tracy Rebecca S Report 9 Apr 2013 00:03

I have found this link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8382112.stm. i think this could be her. helpppp please xx

jax

jax Report 9 Apr 2013 00:14

Not sure why you think it is her...it is probably the same one that is on 192.com who has a middle inital and is older

If she was born 1960 there is a very good chance she would be married by now anyway so would not be using that name...

Tracy Rebecca S

Tracy Rebecca S Report 9 Apr 2013 00:27

Yea i think i am getting a head of myself. i can not find any marriage's for her, she must of changed her name.

Penny

Penny Report 9 Apr 2013 06:22

If her mother remarried, its quite likely that she used her step fathers name. Are you able to ask your dad about her? Does he know anything? Did he see her after they divorced, and have any idea where in the country she might have been? if her mother remarried , they could have gone anywhere.

Tracy Rebecca S

Tracy Rebecca S Report 9 Apr 2013 10:07

Dad passed away in 2006. I had tried to ask many times but didn't get any info. all i know is there was contact in about 72/73 when her mum wrote a letter asking for help and as far as i know that was the last contact.

Tracy Rebecca S

Tracy Rebecca S Report 9 Apr 2013 10:33

Just ordered marriage cert and birth cert so hopefully more info soon

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 9 Apr 2013 12:47

Let us know what you find out Tracy, would be very interested to know! I think you have done the right thing as this person is so elusive.
Jan

Tracy Rebecca S

Tracy Rebecca S Report 9 Apr 2013 13:12

Thank you Jan and everyone else that has tried to help me. will post an info i get.

Choccy

Choccy Report 9 Apr 2013 14:14

Possible second marriage found for Angela's mother. Have Pm'd Tracy.

Tracy Rebecca S

Tracy Rebecca S Report 9 Apr 2013 15:15

Thank you Choccy x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Apr 2013 16:10

There is a marriage for a Margaret Ellinor in 1974. Perhaps she wrote the time you mentioned because was looking for a divorce?

The marriage isn't near Peterborough but Margaret still appears to be living in the area she got married.

Rose

Tracy Rebecca S

Tracy Rebecca S Report 9 Apr 2013 16:15

Yes that sure sounds viable.

I sure hope it is her.

Tracy.