Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

STEPHEN PETER JONES 1958

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LisaMaria

LisaMaria Report 8 Jun 2013 21:01

deperate to find my brother whom i havent seen for 30 or more years born in buckinghamshire . any help would be fantastic thankyou :-(

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Jun 2013 21:23

Try Friendsreunited

Look in 'search all trees'

Where was he living when you last saw him?

Was he married?

LisaMaria

LisaMaria Report 8 Jun 2013 21:26

hi Reggie, last seen in sawtry Cambridgeshire, and no he wasnt married, i have messaged someone on here concerning it but they may not be active , so far no reply, i have his birth records ok, cannot find any marriage record or anything else , thanks for trying.

patchem

patchem Report 8 Jun 2013 21:29

Is this his birth?
Stephen P Jones
Mother's Maiden Surname: Price
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1958
Registration District: North Bucks
Inferred County: Berkshire, Oxfordshire
Volume Number: 6a
Page Number: 716

LisaMaria

LisaMaria Report 8 Jun 2013 21:32

wow yes it is, you got that quick! yes, thats him

LisaMaria

LisaMaria Report 8 Jun 2013 23:22

my name is Lisa by the way, Jane is my birth name

patchem

patchem Report 9 Jun 2013 06:57

As Jane is your birth name but you are now Lisa, do you mean you have been adopted?

When you say that you cannot find any marriage, do you mean in free bmd? No marriages have been transcribed on there after 1970.

Unfortunately Stephen P Jones is a very popular name, and there are many marriages throughout the country.

There is a marriage in 1995 in Huntingdon showing on Ancestry, but he could have easily moved elsewhere before then.

Have you checked 192.com just in case he is still in Sawtry?

Added:
The marriage in Huntingdon, that Stephen also appears to use Spencer-Jones, so that could be a different Stephen born in 1964.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Jun 2013 11:27

So...............was STEPHEN adopted?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Jun 2013 11:40

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1326006

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Jun 2013 11:50

What about his brothers?

Do you know who/where they are?

EDIT

It would seem that one is Terence M

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Jun 2013 11:53

Was DAVID married to the mother of Stephen and his brothers?

Do you know her first name?

????????

Marriages Mar 1952 (>99%)
JONES David PRICE Ealing 5e 455
Price Ivy Jones Ealing 5e 455

jax

jax Report 9 Jun 2013 12:56

There is also a marriage in Willesden in 1955 for David Jones to a Price, wasn't that where he is from? but of course he could of married anywhere

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Jun 2013 13:16

Good spot, jax.........that one isn't on freebmd

Female's first name Olive

LisaMaria

LisaMaria Report 9 Jun 2013 17:03

hi, im just back in from work, i dont think stephen was adopted into the family, wifes name was olive june price from willesden, so there was david, stephen terence in that order, then i was adopted in in 1964 . i havent seen david john jones since i was about 5 or 6, he just vanished one day, havent seen stephen since i was 20 or maybe younger, i am 50 this year. thanks for your help by the way.
no one knows where stephen is, he just seems to have vanished. i cant use 192.com reggie because it wants money from me whenever i search anything, the huntingdon one is a possibility because we knew that area very well and thats where i went to school.

LisaMaria

LisaMaria Report 9 Jun 2013 17:05

hi patchem, yes i was adopted i was born jane rochfort which is also proving a little difficult but one step at a time for me lol, and annoyingly, they spelt my name wrong on my birth certificate and thats why i could never find it

jax

jax Report 9 Jun 2013 17:07

You can do a free search on 192.com but as the name is common he could be living anywhere...maybe not in the UK either?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Jun 2013 22:23

The question about stephen being adopted referred to his being adopted by people other than JONES.

As you were adopted, and you refer to him as your brother, it's a fairly natural assumption....................

Can we now assume that you were the adopted daughter of David and Olive

Is Olive alive?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Jun 2013 22:24

What about Terence M?

Do you know where he is?

LisaMaria

LisaMaria Report 9 Jun 2013 22:37

i was adopted into the jones family in 1964. olive died iin australia. Terence lives in London last i knew, but he knows nothing of david, david john, or stephen peter either. :-(

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Jun 2013 13:00

And have you discounted completely the suggested death for David posted on your other thread?