Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Linda J Wright born Hendon 1949

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jenVG

jenVG Report 19 Oct 2013 20:32

Please does anybody out there have any knowledge of the whereabouts of Linda - whose parents were Jack and Ann Wright (known as Nancy)? I was a bridesmaid at her parents wedding in 1947 and lost touch with the family. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

patchem

patchem Report 19 Oct 2013 21:17

Have you looked to see if she or her parents are in anyone's tree on here?

Ancestry has 4 Linda J Wright's born in Hendon from 1949 to 1952, plus many more born in London and Middlesex, so it will be extremely difficult to track her without more information.

jenVG

jenVG Report 19 Oct 2013 21:24

Tree search did not show anything. I think Ann Wright's maiden name was Webb. Sorry to be vague and thanks for reading my post.

jenVG

jenVG Report 19 Oct 2013 21:39

Jack Wright's parents were Vick and Peggy Wright by the way and Jack was in the Royal Navy in WW2.

patchem

patchem Report 20 Oct 2013 09:11

This is the wedding of the parents:

Marriages Sep 1947
Webb Ann E Wright Hendon 5f 28
Wright Jack Webb Hendon 5f 28

If Jack was in the Royal Navy in WW2, then born before 1927?

Peggy would have been Margaret, but could have been Peggy?

Vick would have been Victor?

Do you know if Linda had any siblings (as she is the only Hendon birth showing for Wright/Webb?)

jenVG

jenVG Report 20 Oct 2013 17:46

Thanks for that. Sorry but I don't know about siblings - but there were two other bridesmaids on the wedding photo and they were older than I was (9yrs).
The bride was known as Nancy and yes Jack must have been old enough to serve in the navy so born before 1927. He had a brother but I can't remember his name. Jack's family were bombed out in some part of London and were rehoused in the poorer part of Hampstead on Lawn Road but I cant find them on the electoral roll so I think they did not live there long enough to register. The war interrupted the electoral registration I think. I know the houses were demolished in either the late 1950's or early 60's. I assumed that the newlyweds went to live in the Hendon area but that may be wrong.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Jennifer

patchem

patchem Report 20 Oct 2013 18:17

If you get the marriage certificate we might get the age of the bride and groom, to give us a little more to work with?

jenVG

jenVG Report 20 Oct 2013 19:11

Yes - that is a good idea. Thanks

jenVG

jenVG Report 11 Nov 2013 09:19

Before spending money on a certificate I looked for a marriage of Linda J Wright (1949) and found a couple of possibilities. One was to a John E T Slight in Hendon in 1970. Armed with this info I went on to facebook and found a very likely candidate living in Melbourne Aust. She even looks like her mother! She has her hometown as Hendon. However - thwarted again as Facebook decided to suspend my friend requests temporarily as I have sent a few out to people who do not know me (of course they don't!!). So, watch this space!
Jen

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Nov 2013 17:13

If that doesn't work you cold try the Australian White Pages. Aren't many J Slights in VIC.

Rose

jenVG

jenVG Report 30 Nov 2013 11:01

Hello Patchem and Rose, I now have the marriage certificate of Jack Wright aged 20 and Ann Edith Webb aged 20 and this is dated July 25th 1947 in St Peters Church Cricklewood. His father is shown as Victor Wright a fishmonger and they lived at 29 Aberdare Gardens FInchley. So "Peggy" must have been a nickname as I looked on the electoral lists and the name of Victor Wright's wife is showing as Agnes N Wright.

I picked one of the Lindas and wrote to the one I suspect as being the daughter of Jack and Nancy - i.e. Linda J Slight - from the Oz White pages. No response yet so maybe I picked the wrong one of the 5 "J Slights" listed in Melbourne. Any more thoughts on this please?

thanks for your interest. Jennifer :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Nov 2013 14:14

have you looked for the deaths of her parents .she may have been the informant on the cert

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Nov 2013 15:20

Parents marriage
Marriages Jun 1923
Carney Agnes N Wright Southampton 2c 133
Wright Victor Carney Southampton 2c 133

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Nov 2013 15:22

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007 about Agnes N Wright
Name: Agnes N Wright
Birth Date: abt 1899
Date of Registration: Mar 1968
Age at Death: 69
Registration District: Newham
Inferred County: Greater London
Volume: 5e
Page: 1066

jax

jax Report 30 Nov 2013 15:25

According to the one on Facebook her father died 5 years ago....but where?? maybe it was in Australia?

jax

jax Report 30 Nov 2013 15:35

As she mentions his birthday being in November it would fit with his birth

Births Dec 1926 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wright Jack Carney Sheffield 9c 900

jax

jax Report 30 Nov 2013 15:50

Are you aware that there was another daughter born 1961?

If she is the correct person on Facebook (which looks very likely) her mum and sister also live in Australia

jenVG

jenVG Report 30 Nov 2013 16:16

Thanks everybody. On the london Voters there appears a Nancy A E Wright and a Jack Wright living at 58 Bertram Road, Upper Floor, Hendon NW4 in the years 1962 to 1965 after which it is not showing. I wonder if Linda was there also but too young to vote. Previous to that they are living at 481 Cricklewood Broadway NW2. The Linda I am concentrating on (rightly or wrongly) married a John E T Slight in 1970 Q3.
Maybe Nancy got ill and died and they emigrated to Oz and took daddy Jack with them? If only I could get an answer to my friend request and message. The photo shows what must be Linda with her husband and dad. Now he had changed a lot since he was 20 but it could well be him and what makes me even more convinced is that the Linda looks as if she could be an older version of her mother Nancy (Ann Edith).
There was a Susan Wright born in Hendon Dec 1948 with mmn Webb. She may have been the grown up bridesmaid (I was the smallest and there were two slightly older than me).
My old man says I am letting my imagination run away with me! :-(

Thanks again Jennifer

jenVG

jenVG Report 30 Nov 2013 16:26

Hello Jax, 1961 seems a long time since the Linda J in 1949 but not impossible. Are we on dangerous ground here with possibly living people? Was your other daughter born in Hendon too? Do we have to swing to PM's. Thanks for your interest as always. Jennifer

jax

jax Report 30 Nov 2013 16:32

Her dad died 5 years ago and her mum is probably still alive because she met her for lunch last year along with her sister who was poss born in 1961 or 1948 if not born in Hendon

She wouldn't have been a bridesmaid if born 1948

Edit not a long time between births there is 11 years between myself and my sister