Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adoption

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

clh

clh Report 13 Nov 2013 20:26

Hello anyone who could help me! !, I was adopted in Grimsby area born june 1966 , I no I have 2 sisters and a brother out there somewhere. They were born 1964 , 1965 and 1967 I think .I just come to a stand still when it comes to finding my birth mother and father. ..please help....charlotte.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

patchem

patchem Report 13 Nov 2013 20:42

Welcome to the boards, Charlotte.

Have you got access to your adoption records and original birth certificate?

Thanks.

clh

clh Report 13 Nov 2013 21:11

Hi and thanks and yes I have all the records and original birth certificate! Ive searched as far as I could go my last hope is this site.i did find a message off someone called joanne who was also looking for Sylvia joan smith cockerham but I cant find the message to reply to it...

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Nov 2013 21:22

Look in search trees to see if you can pick any family up .you. Can then try to make contact through the Find Out More box

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Nov 2013 21:25

If you want some help then some details of your family names would help

jax

jax Report 13 Nov 2013 21:30

Here is Joannes thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/389066

Click on her name and send a message and if her email address is still the same she will be notified

Please do not reply on the thread as it is 7 years old so she is unlikely to see it now

clh

clh Report 13 Nov 2013 21:31

I've looked in search trees but no joy, I am new on here so maybe one day I'll find the message I came across by accident. ..I have no adoptive names to go on at all so not sure what to search for now!

jax

jax Report 13 Nov 2013 21:33

I posted it above

clh

clh Report 13 Nov 2013 22:03

Thank you for the thread I can't believe it.i hope she'll receive my message after it was posted in 2006.

jax

jax Report 13 Nov 2013 22:04

So have you sent a private message by clicking on her name?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Nov 2013 22:13

Charlotte, I can see a birth for a sibling Grimsby 1962 - are you aware of the name?
If you haven't already, I would advise you to put your name on the national adoption contact register, in case your birth family are on there, or do so in the future.
Jan

clh

clh Report 13 Nov 2013 22:18

Thanks but I had joined norcap years ago but to no success and I didn't know aboutanother sibling in 1962!!! Only in 64, 65, me 66 and 67...

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Nov 2013 22:28

The adoption register has nothing to do with NORCAP. It is a govt run resource:

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

I shall PM you the name I have found.

Jan

clh

clh Report 13 Nov 2013 22:30

Ok thank you so much

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Nov 2013 22:35

Are you aware your mother got married?
I shall PM it to you in case you haven't spotted it.
Jan

clh

clh Report 13 Nov 2013 22:42

No I was unsure and thought maybe she had .thankyou sorry I'm in shock after all these years..

clh

clh Report 13 Nov 2013 22:54

Its so sad to me as my adopted mother left me to when I had not long been adopted I stayed with my adopted father (the best dad ever) I would like to search for him to but no very little I think his name was John logan who stayed in Grimsby in a bnb only for a short while he had an outdoor complexion...black hair thats all I know

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Nov 2013 22:54

It must be very emotional for you Charlotte.

It's not clear whether the child registered in both names has married or not.
I must admit I cannot find your mother on 192.com.

If you have no luck, I would suggest you get the marriage cert. to see if it gives you some clues - it will have her age and hopefully her father's name.
This is all info which would help you.

However, I urge you to put your details on the National Contact Register.
You might also ask to have your contact details attached to your siblings' adoption files, then if they access these they will have this information.

Very best of luck, do let us know how you get on.

Jan <3

clh

clh Report 14 Nov 2013 12:01

Hi...anyone out there that can help...looking for Graham j Smith cockerham born at grimsby 1962...Sharon smith cockerham born Grimsby 1964..penny Smith cockerham. .born Grimsby 1967..there are 2 more siblings but do not know there birth fornames but would have been born in Grimsby in the 1960s.thank you.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Nov 2013 13:22

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1334024

Follow the advice you have been given...................and please post only ONE thread per topic