Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jennifer Jones

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 17 Jan 2014 19:36

Born 1948, Daughter of Frances Mary Steward. Relative wishes to trace.

patchem

patchem Report 17 Jan 2014 21:06

As you can imagine, there are many people called Jennifer Jones.
Do you know if she married, and is Frances still alive?
When were you last in contact with her?

Thank-you

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Jan 2014 21:25

Freebmd suggests a slightly earlier birth year.

This corresponds for time / area with a possible marriage for Frances.

Gwyn

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Jan 2014 22:40

Have you done anything about looking for her?

When and where was she last 'seen'?

When/where did the parents die?

Did she register either death?

Attend the funerals?

Sheila

Sheila Report 18 Jan 2014 10:19

Jennifer Jones was definitley born in 1948 in Yorkshire - her Mother Frances Mary Steward married Wallace Frank Jones; they divorced and she married Arthur Ginn. This is all the information I have.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jan 2014 10:37

Suggest you look at freebmd - and re-think your date info

What is your connection?

Which parent did Jennifer grow up with?

Sheila

Sheila Report 18 Jan 2014 11:57

Jennifer would have stayed with her Mother - her Father Wallace Frank Jones was my Step-Father; I don't know if she would want to know anything about him, but I would love to trace her, in case she does. He passed away in 1979, and I would have known him from 1952 till his death. He married my late Mum in 1965 in Liverpool, which is where he was from. I found Jennifer's name on Ancestry.co.uk - it gives her birthplace as Claro, Yorkshire born to Frances Steward and Wallace Frank Jones in 1948. I have a photograph of Frances Steward, she was in Uniform, I assume W.A.A.F, Wallace was also in the British Army, presumably how they met. Maybe Jennifer is not interested, but just on the offchance that she could be interested in her Paternal ancestry, which I have researched; and also I would love to know if there is a resemblance to my StepFather or his Mother. He did not have any other children. Thanks for all your help. Sheila.

patchem

patchem Report 18 Jan 2014 12:45

The Jennifer Jones born in Claro in 1948 has Stewart for mother's maiden name, not Steward.
There is a different Jennifer from Bradford, born in 1946 with mmn Steward.

This is the problem that we were having when looking for the birth.

Is it worth getting the birth certificates to confirm which is the correct one?

patchem

patchem Report 18 Jan 2014 13:00

The marriage of Steward/Ginn and the births for both of them can be found on free bmd. Both could still be alive.
Have you tried to find them?

patchem

patchem Report 18 Jan 2014 14:09

There is a possible birth for a daughter from the Steward/Ginn marriage.
Her birth shows on free bmd.

She is in a tree on here, with a fairly new membership number.

Added:
She also appears to have Arthur in her tree.

Sheila

Sheila Report 18 Jan 2014 15:27

I have not made any attempt other than this to find Jennifer - the name Steward and Stewart are so alike that it is possible to be either one; one of them has "A" as a middle initial, and I am wondering if it could be "Agnes" as middle name, as that would have been her Grandmother's first name. I should send for both certs, and that would confirm things. Thank you for all your advice and help.

jax

jax Report 18 Jan 2014 15:57

Not sure why you dismissing the 1946 birth...which in all probability is the correct one

Why would she be given her grandmothers name as a middle name? 'A' probably stands for Ann or anything her parents had decided on not necessarily a handed down name

Why don't you contact the person who has a tree on here? (frances daughter from 2nd marriage)

edit- Just to add Jennifer born 1946 is not showing on ancestry....so no wonder you thought the other one was correct

Sheila

Sheila Report 18 Jan 2014 20:50

Could you please tell me who has the Tree on Genes Reunited; there are a few names, so I am not sure which is correct one. Thank you.

jax

jax Report 18 Jan 2014 20:56

You can find Frances daughter from 2nd marriage easily enough

will pm the name

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 Jan 2014 21:20

Steward and Stewart may be alike but a person's name is one or the other.

Frances was StewarD. She married Jones in Bradford. The Jennifer with mother StewarD was born in Bradford.

"I found Jennifer's name on Ancestry.co.uk - it gives her birthplace as Claro, Yorkshire born to Frances Steward and Wallace Frank Jones in 1948."

Nothing on Ancestry says that at all, it just says the name was Jones and the mother was StewarT.

(I can see the Jennifer Jones 1946 on Ancestry, middle initial m, no problem ... !)

Sheila if you find the 1957 birth on ancestry with father Ginn and mother StewarD you know who to look for in trees, that person seems to have herself in her own tree.

...... except I see jax already sent it :-D

jax

jax Report 18 Jan 2014 21:35

Well I cannot see the 1946 birth on ancestry....so must be me then not looking properly

This is what I get from putting in the full details

Jennifer A Jones
Oct-Nov-Dec 1948 Claro Yorkshire West Riding

Jennifer M Jones
Jan-Feb-Mar 1948 Bradford Yorkshire West Riding

Jennifer M Jones
Jul-Aug-Sep 1949 Bradford Yorkshire, Northumberland, Westmorland

Jennifer M Jones
Jul-Aug-Sep 1946 Shrewsbury Yorkshire

Jennifer M Jones
Jul-Aug-Sep 1946 Birmingham Yorkshire

Jennifer M Jones
Jul-Aug-Sep 1946 Bilston Yorkshire

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 Jan 2014 21:42

I'm afraid I'm not going to post the birth details of an almost certainly living person :-)

However I see that in Ancestry's own clever way it says "Bradford, Sussex, Isle of Wight" .....

so searching in Yorkshire would not have found it

the vol and page numbers match Bradford Yorkshire

Ancestry has the county wrong almost as often as right (I see in the list for the same name that Southampton might be in Berkshire ...)

(I had just searched for the name with mother stewar* and found both discussed here)

Sheila

Sheila Report 18 Jan 2014 21:43

Have sent a message to the person on G.R so hope I will be lucky; it is possible she may not want to know anything about her Father's side of the family, but just in case, I would like her to have the option. We would not be related in any way, but if she was interested in her Paternal line, then I have a great deal of information and photographs etc. Thank you all for your help.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 Jan 2014 21:46

I think that is very kind of you and you are prepared for her not to be interested so that is as well, hopefully she will want to know, as you are 'family' of a sort and it is rather too bad you did not know each other when you were young, and that she did not know her dad.

jax

jax Report 18 Jan 2014 21:49

Good Luck Shelia

Yes it shows if Yorkshire isn't mentioned......if you are searching for a Jones birth then area does help, not looking for somewhere almost 300 miles away