Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Gerard Madden

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 29 Jan 2015 16:50

Looking for John Gerard Madden who was from the Castle Vale area of Birmingham. If you can help please get in touch.

Thanks

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 29 Jan 2015 16:55

By 'from' do you mean actually born there?

Do you know when he was born?

Are you related.............and if so, when were you last in contact?

Have you done any research yourself - such as looking on here in search all trees, or checking www.192.com?

Richard

Richard Report 29 Jan 2015 17:58

Hi, lived there with his parents.

Related. Not been in contact.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jan 2015 19:19

When, roughly, would he have been born??
What were his parents names? May be we can trace him or other relatives that way.

Any connection to Eire? Or is this John too young?
https://ie.linkedin.com/pub/john-gerard-madden/68/aa3/445#reg-modal

Richard

Richard Report 29 Jan 2015 19:47

Hi, yes southern Ireland. Too young. would be around 56/57 years of age.

Went to naesby school in bham.

Thanks

malyon

malyon Report 29 Jan 2015 21:03

http://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jan 2015 22:23

See if Friendsreunited have a listing for the school. There may be a poster from the same cohort you can ask about John.

Can you remember or know his parents names? If so we may be able to find records relating to them, or even John's siblings if he had any. If you don't know, then check the historical ER which would probably be kept at the main Birmingham library. Normally you'd need the full address, but at least you know the road. There shouldn't be too many Madden families living there. If they moved before John was 18 he won't be listed

Have you added him to your tree, and have you used the search all members trees to see if anyone else has?
If we were to find leads for you, would he know about you??

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 31 Jan 2015 12:58

Have you considered that the person on line may be the son of the man you are looking for?

Also, does the man in question know of your existence?

Richard

Richard Report 31 Jan 2015 14:05

The person online? He does know of my existance. Many Maddens in Birmingham area.

malyon

malyon Report 31 Jan 2015 18:58

there is only one birth for john g madden in the birmingham area in 1960 for age you are looking for one in rochford 1959

Richard

Richard Report 31 Jan 2015 20:34

Hi, Are you a relation? Where did you find this info?

Thanks

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 31 Jan 2015 20:53

No one who has posted on your thread is related to you. We've been using on-line sources like http://www.freebmd.org.uk/ for births (marriages and deaths)

Googling the name brought up the linkedin url.

The Electoral Roll link that Yvonne posted is for electoral rolls 2002-2014. Other ones are on various subscription sites including GR, and http://www.192.com which is pay to view. Since 2002 is has been possible to opt out of the public ones we can access.

There is a John Gerard Maddon listed on the ER in Londonderry, but who knows if it is the correct one? There are other listings in various parts of the country for John G Madden, middle name not shown.

We are trying to help you, but you seem reluctant to share relevant information. You/we need to be proactive as the likelihood of the correct person chancing upon this thread is extremely remote.

Is there anyone you can ask who has more details about his family eg names please? Is he believed to be your father, or does he have a different level of relationship?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 31 Jan 2015 21:01

Jacqueline asked you if the John on this link, knows you

https://ie.linkedin.com/pub/john-gerard-madden/68/aa3/445#reg-modal

a- Does he know you?
b- Has he said if he is related to the one born 1959/60 or not?
c- If so, what is his relationship?
d - If you don't know each other, contact him and ask if there is a connection

Richard

Richard Report 31 Jan 2015 22:07

Hi I have contacted him via the link. Awaiting response.

Thanks

Richard

Richard Report 31 Jan 2015 22:35

Hi I have contacted him via the link. Awaiting response.

Thanks

Richard

Richard Report 1 Feb 2015 14:22

Hi, sorry that I have cone across in that way. Guess just been cautious and new to this. The Person im searching for is my father.

Thanks

Richard

Richard Report 1 Feb 2015 14:22

Hi, sorry that I have cone across in that way. Guess just been cautious and new to this. The Person im searching for is my father.

Thanks

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Feb 2015 14:43

Fair enough - Even if we did manage to help you find him, we would urge caution at first contact. He may know about you, but depending on the circumstances of your birth, his current family may not.

If you have any further family names, that would be great. Should we be able to find them, they may be able to put you in touch.

Naseby Secondary is now known as Park View School - check it out on Friendsreunited. Although John isn't listed, a posting may reach someone who has additional information about him.

There are 8 listings for the surname Madden on www.thephonebook.bt.com
You could write to them asking if they are related, 'for family history purposes'. Never phone - you don't know if they are elderly, infirm or ill. With the number of cold calls nowadays, most people would be unco-operative.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 1 Feb 2015 19:57

there is an electoral roll listing in Birmingham that you might want to consider

http://tinyurl.com/ooxa4xo

marriage (showing initial G) was fairly recent, likely a second marriage

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 3 Feb 2015 13:49

I think we'd managed to deduce that he was reputed to be your father

I asked if he knew of your existence...........you replied with reference to the person online..........not the man you are looking for