Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANN F (FINOLA) LACY

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 5 Jan 2016 03:41

hi, im looking for ann f lacy, born about 1935 in dublin.
came to live in the uk in london.
she married my dad george gasper in 1959, in paddington,
then seems to have vanished a few years later.
really need to trace this lady.
any info please get intouch.
thank u xxx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jan 2016 08:53

Maybe she went back to Ireland

Have you checked members trees to see if anyone has her listed :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Jan 2016 10:53

JoonieCloonie (and others) have already put a great deal of effort in on your original thread. Weren't you or your sister trying to make contact with a relative?
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1357000

If you felt the need to have a 'stand alone' thread about this lady, then fine. Otherwise it would be best if helpers refer to the one on genealogy chat and add additional info there. That way all info is in one place and efforts are not duplicated. Regular helpers know that Joonie is one of the most experienced researchers on the boards.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 5 Jan 2016 21:59

for info, Serena's sister has now been in touch with someone I found, with whom she may share her father, who is in touch with others, and I'm recommending DNA testing as the only way to know for sure before going too far down that path! :-)

Ann F Lacy was married to Serena's own father. But yes, we have done about all we can on that front, as there are no accessible records about her after the 1965 electoral roll, and only a guess at her birth from Irish records, 1935 (the only other was 1946, too late)

Serena, we've talked about how spelling counts! also about giving all the info one already has ... so people don't waste time finding what isn't lost

on the electoral register, she was Finhoola. An unusual spelling to be sure, but repeated in two years.

do you have the marriage certificate to check the spelling there? and her age, and her father's name, as I suggested?

if you search at familysearch.org or Ancestry for Lacy births with mother Farren you will find that Ann's two older siblings' births ... I am not finding further records of them either

(and so I intentionally did not put their names here as they might be living, and anyone can find them at familysearch who wants to)

I haven't found the parents' marriage but have not searched the Ireland civil marriages index at Ancestry one by one for Farren marriages 1920-1930, for instance, looking for a marriage to Lacy ...

(I'm also just not as persuaded as you that your father's first wife would hold the key to the information you're looking for)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 5 Jan 2016 23:34

http://notices.irishtimes.com/browse

surname search -Lacy.

Howth cemetry ins.

363 LACY John 12/07/1967 Of Howth ; [SGA] his son, Vera & Mary Josephine; Mary Josephine 364 ?

364 LACY Mary Josephine 02/02/1986 FARREN W/O John M.; [SGA] Vera, Thomas J. & John; LACY, John 36.

http://www.howthparish.ie/

can be contacted,they may be willing to give further information,

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Jan 2016 00:04

Good spot Kay. That matches the one born in 1935 with siblings Deidre and Nicholas C Lacy.

Rose

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 6 Jan 2016 09:09

Ohhh wow thank u. I knew if I put it her new info would come about and I gave something more to work with. Joonie ohhh I nust have missed whereu found something.....wonder if she had kids xxxx

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 6 Jan 2016 09:12

How can one just dissapear xxxx

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Jan 2016 09:19

The obituary doesn't mention children.

http://notices.irishtimes.com/death/lacy/2366264

Deirdre has since passed.

http://rip.ie/showdn.php?dn=239849

Rose

Kay????

Kay???? Report 6 Jan 2016 11:06

Howth have a FB page.....perhaps locals will know more.?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Jan 2016 15:25

keep in mind, Serena, that we do not know for sure that Ann F Lacy whose mother was Farren is *your* Ann F Lacy

pleeeease get your father's first marriage certificate to confirm her name, age and father's name!!

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 6 Jan 2016 15:48

Thank u so much. Yes it is her she was married to my dad all checks out righ. Will have a look on the fb page . Thank u xxxx :-)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Jan 2016 16:24

Serena .......................... how do you know this Ann F Lacy was married to your dad?

what checks out right - her father's name?

if the age and father's name match with what is on their marriage certificate, just tell us! :-D

yes, the name in the obituary seems to match well, Fionnuala Anne Lacy, but keep in mind that is her birth name, and we would be assuming that she reverted to that name after being divorced from your father

both obituaries mention a brother C... this is presumably NC going by his middle name as well

and yes, terrific finds Kay??? ... I had been focusing on the other side of the search, Serena's sister :-) ... fingers crossed it is the right family, which it seems very likely to be based on the London electoral register info especially, but Serena needs to confirm with the marriage certificate before proceeding

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Jan 2016 16:24

Serena - can you imagine what relatives would think if they were contacted out of the blue? For all any of us know, the one who is buried in Howth might have never left Ireland.

Please, please buy the marriage certificate so that you know for sure the name of your step-grandfather, and her declared aged at the time of the marriage.

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 6 Jan 2016 16:35

i know its her because when u view the names it says view spouse and u can click on it, not sure if its on here or find my past.
xxx :-) :-) :-)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Jan 2016 16:37

Serena, all it says is Ann F Lacy, right?

it does not say full name, and it does not say age, and it does not say father's name

it's a simple matter to get the marriage certificate ...

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Jan 2016 16:40

Yes - we understand that. What we are trying to say is to get your ducks-in-a-row first.

The MC will tell you how old she probably was at the time, and name her father. With that info you're in a better position to contact possible birth relatives to ask if they were related.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Jan 2016 16:46

this is the information you need to order the certificate

Marriages Sep 1959 (>99%)
LACY Ann F GASPER Paddington 5d 554

Sep means registered in July, Aug or Sep
Paddington in the Registration district
5d is the volume number
554 is the page number.

Go to the official GRO site
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

If you haven't already you'll need to register.
Work through the pages. On one of them you'll be asked if the GRO reference is known. Tick the Yes box and carry on only using the details exactly as shown on the transcription.

It will cost £9.25 inc P&P. All credit and debit cards accepted.

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 6 Jan 2016 16:55

hi can u please send me the link to the facebook page? the ones im seeing will not allow me to write on it.
thank u xxxx

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Jan 2016 17:02

Serena, what do you want to put on the facebook page?

remember that one of the brothers of this Ann is living,

*and you do not have confirmation that this is the right family*

Detective, Serena has had the marriage reg info for some time now and knows all about ordering certificates :-D

(for info, Serena's dad and his first wife did not have kids ... her dad did die very recently but I did not know that until after I sent her the marriage reg info by PM, but Serena you already had that info at the time, I was just confirming for my own info, and did not know whether Ann was deceased, so did not put it in the other thread)