Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find my father

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sara Jane

Sara Jane Report 26 Jan 2017 14:19

Hello. My name is Sara Jane bonner and I am trying to find my father his name is christopher thomas smith and was born on the 1956 in Bolton. I have never met him as i was so little when him and my mum split. Any information would be great full. Thank you for taking the time to read my short post. Sara x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Jan 2017 15:17

As it's sometimes easier to find a relative than the person themselves, it looks as if he had a sister Lynn J, birth reg 1Q 1957. That means she could have been as early as the last week in Nov 1956 or late March 1957.

Do you know if his parents were Anthony F & Jean? They would have married in Bolton in 1955.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Jan 2017 15:24

.???

Births Sep 1934 (>99%) (Bolton)
SMITH Anthony F

2 potential births for Jean in the Bolton area, 1929 & 1933.
When did your parents separate, and was that also in Bolton or elsewhere?

Have you tried searching all members trees to see if he is listed? If so, use the Find out more button to contact the tree owner.

Sara Jane

Sara Jane Report 26 Jan 2017 18:45

Hi thank u. I have found a few Jean Hargreaves on the search. I have also found a christopher smith 1956 with a Jean Hargreaves in his tree which I have contacted but still no reply. Him and my mum got married in Kent and I believe that he went back to his ex wife and moved back up north. I paid online and got an address and phone number but letter has not been delivered. I have been searching for 10years now and this is the closest I have got my ordering his birth certificate and my mums and his marriage certificate as my mum would not give me any info about him it has been really hard. Thank u x

Sara Jane

Sara Jane Report 26 Jan 2017 18:46

Sorry yes his dad's name was Anthony fredrick smith so he had a sister too OMG I have another auntie thank u so much x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Jan 2017 19:14

ahhh am misunderstanding. His mum is Jean Hargreaves

Sara Jane

Sara Jane Report 26 Jan 2017 19:16

Mum and dad married in may 1986 in Chatham Kent she was Etherdo-sibley. But he previously married a jacqueline but I cannot find that marriage either. Christopher is my dad Jean is his mum xx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Jan 2017 19:22

Sorry I amended my posting as realised I was looking for him marrying a Jean Hargreaves but that's his mum

Sara Jane

Sara Jane Report 26 Jan 2017 19:24

I know thank u for information. I have found a tree matching his sister so I have contacted her hopefully I will hear something back thank u so much everyone xx

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 Jan 2017 03:51

Sara-Jane, if you read the guidelines, they say not to post a person's exact birthdate, so you should edit your first message here to just put his year of birth.

Even when we are looking for someone, they are entitled to some privacy and protection of their personal info. :-)

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 29 Jan 2017 11:32

His Mum 1939:

1939 register:
Hargreaves Household 4 Flitcroft Street , Bolton C.B., Lancashire, England

Robert C Hargreaves 18 May 1905 Male Scoffer (Aircraft Work) Married
Elsie Hargreaves 17 Mar 1907 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties) Married
Jean Smith (Hargreaves) 23 Apr 1933 Female At School Single

Sara Jane

Sara Jane Report 29 Jan 2017 12:19

Thank you joonie I totally didn't realise I had put his whole d.o.b I guess I have written so many posts it's just in your head. But I have now adjusted it x

Sara Jane

Sara Jane Report 29 Jan 2017 12:19

Thank you Austin. Q. So does that mean they are my great grandparents x

Sara Jane

Sara Jane Report 29 Jan 2017 13:12

I found that record and I spoke to a lady from bolton registry and she said it would have had to had been jacqueline at the beginning would not let her use her middle name. Yes he had a daughter called Rebecca and son Jamie or James that's all I know. He does have a set of twins with jacqueline too not sure if anymore children. My mum said they was born in medway but I'm not 100% sure to be honest. It's just so tricky with the surname smith. Thank u so much for your help means a lot to me x

Sara Jane

Sara Jane Report 29 Jan 2017 13:18

No way seriously. He has a sister called Lynn too. I think the twins were born just before me so I thought it was 1985 or 1986 but tbh I do not know x

Sara Jane

Sara Jane Report 29 Jan 2017 13:20

Does it show his name on birth certificate or just hers. The address that I had for my dad had a jacqueline smith living there too so I'm confused really am is her name lynn or jacqueline x

Sara Jane

Sara Jane Report 29 Jan 2017 13:28

Ah okay thank u so much does it tell you the twin boys names please as I don't have credits to search records I have ran out x

Sara Jane

Sara Jane Report 29 Jan 2017 13:48

That set probably sounds right unless she had 2 sets of twins but I know Jamie or James wasn't a twin x

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 Jan 2017 16:16

I had all the same thoughts as AustinQ about the marriage with middle initial J and that is certainly an avenue to look at.

I would just have sent the children's names by private message ...

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 29 Jan 2017 17:08

Sorry if I upset you Joonie- as I hadn't posted Mother's surname or the marriage, I didn't think I was invading anyone's privacy.

Info deleted Sara- I'm sure Joonie will send by private message if you need the names again.