Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Ahearn b.1946 South Shields

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 17 Feb 2017 23:07

Hi,

Am desperately trying to locate John Ahearn, only child of John and Margaret Ahearn, b.1946 in South Shields. He would appear to have dropped off the face of the planet, no marriage or death though I believe he may have married around 1980, no idea where.
Many thanks in anticipation of any help.

Lynsey

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 17 Feb 2017 23:17

Should have added, John is possibly last surviving grandson/ child (other than my Nan)of my great great grandmother who might have heard the stories from his mum about her mum.

patchem

patchem Report 17 Feb 2017 23:35

Do you know when and where his father and mother died?

Added:
Is this his Mother?
Margaret Lomas Ahearn
BIRTH: 10 Dec 1915
DEATH: Apr 1987 - South Shields, Tyne and Wear, England

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 17 Feb 2017 23:40

for info, this would seem to be his mother's death?

Name: Margaret Lomas Ahearn
Birth Date: 10 Dec 1915
Date of Registration: Apr 1987
Age at Death: 71
Registration district: South Shields
Inferred County: Tyne and Wear
Volume: 2
Page: 1253

Marriages Dec 1945
Ahearn John Brookes S.Shields 10a 1925
Brookes Margaret L Ahearn S.Shields 10a 1925

the standard question ... have you looked to see whether any family members are in anyone's tree here?

Is your connection with John on his mother's or his father's side?

If on his mother's, it could be worth looking for relations on his father's side (and vice versa) in case they are in touch with him.

this is likely his father's birth

Births Dec 1919
AHEARN John Callender S. Shields 10a 1989

and so this would be his death?

Name: John Ahearn
Birth Date: 16 Nov 1919
Date of Registration: Sep 1993
Age at Death: 73
Registration district: North Cleveland
Inferred County: Cleveland
Register Number: J42
District and Subdistrict: 3511A
Entry Number: 18

Since he was the later of the two parents to die, son John could have been informant on the death certificate and it might provide some information.

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 18 Feb 2017 08:35

Hi Joiniecloonie,

Many thanks for your quick response. My mum says they were a small family. I've looked for Margaret Brookes and found her in one tree, awaiting a reply. I've now looked for both father and son John in other trees, but no joy. I'm related on his mother's side. I think you're right I need to look for relatives on his dads side. I'm surprised his dad died in Cleveland, I was expecting him to have died in South Shields too...do you think that death is definitely his dad's death? There is some suggestion john the son might have married after 1980, possibly abroad?

Thanks once again, Lynsey

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 19 Feb 2017 09:54

Have PM 2017 ER address that could possibly be the correct John Ahearn .

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 19 Feb 2017 20:25

Hi Lynsey, the death in Cleveland certainly matches the birth in South Shields (by birth date). Can't be positive it's the right person without, for instance, matching the father's name on his marriage certificate to the father of the person born in 1919.

I wondered whether son John might have been living there ...

Kenneth could you tell us the general area where that ER address is? just to save any other searching if it seems very likely to be the right person.

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 19 Feb 2017 21:17

Hi jooniecloonie,

It's possible son John moved to Cleveland (now Hartlepool) with his dad John. I'm going to get the death certificate for dad John over this week. The Er from Ken is miles away down South. It's possible son John moved there after his dad's death?

A few lie ins in the fire?!

Many thanks, Lynsey

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 19 Feb 2017 21:18

...predictive text...irons not lie ins!

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 23 Feb 2017 21:22

HI,

Local info suggests John moved to Hartlepool then Spain with his wife Joan in 1990s. No further details of wife and still cant find a marriage or children?

Any further help would be appreciated.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Feb 2017 22:40

From a new thread started today - Lynsey has acknowledged that its better to stay with this one

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1364921

I'm trying to trace John AHEARN, born 1946 in South Shields, England who I have reason to believe moved to Spain from Hartlepool with his wife/ partner Joan in the 1990s. I do not have any further details of where they moved to, whether they've come back to the UK, who Joan is/was or if either of them are now deceased. I can't find a UK wedding for them, nor the birth of any children. Could someone please tell me how I might trace my relative in Spain?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Feb 2017 22:46

There are Spanish on-line phone books, but they have to be searched specifying a Province.

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 25 Feb 2017 09:45

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have a province but am going to take a day and go through each one!

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 27 Feb 2017 10:48

Tried the Spanish white pages with no joy?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 1 Mar 2017 01:43

John's father John seems to have had one sibling

Births Jun 1921
Ahearn Matthew S -Callender- S.Shields 10a 1855

He married in 1945 and remarried in 1958

I see no children to the first marriage, but probably one child to the second.
> Edit - there was a birth to the first marriage; FreeBMD mistranscribed the bride's surname in the groom's marriage record.

You can find the marriages and births at http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Those children would be your John's first cousins on his father's side. The married name of the second marriage child is quite unusual.

https://www.freeelectoralroll.com

gives an address for 2015. I will send it to you privately.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 1 Mar 2017 02:05

Matthew's grandchild (I sent you name/birth year and some contact info) lists herself in her tree here at genesreunited.

(two trees, one a lot more recent than the other, so I would try sending messages to both accounts)