Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Vincent Park

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kimberleighlouise

Kimberleighlouise Report 16 Jun 2018 10:56

I am looking for my uncle Vincent Park (moms half brother)
I know he was born in Stourbridge in 1964 to a Michael L Park and a Margaret Woodward, I also know he was adopted after this by the surnames Williams.
I would be so grateful if anyone has any information on him id love for him to meet his nephews.
Thank you

malyon

malyon Report 16 Jun 2018 11:02

did he keep the name vincent

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jun 2018 11:24

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Have you registered on the above official site? If he had as well, you’ll be put in contact. There are further links on the page about intermediaries who will be allowed to access his records. They can then try & trace him and, with his permission, put you both in touch.

Have you added him to your tree on here, under his birth name? Have you Searched all member trees - top right under Search - to see if he’s listed in any others?
If he is, send a message to the tree owner via the GR messaging system (Find out more) to ask how are they related.

Kimberleighlouise

Kimberleighlouise Report 16 Jun 2018 21:30

malyon. yes he did keep the name Vincent

malyon

malyon Report 17 Jun 2018 00:13

so he is vincent williams

this must be him born 1967 adopted

Births Sep 1967 (>99%)
Park Derek Woodward Stourbridge 9d 8392/S

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jun 2018 07:25

So he wasn't born Vincent then

So are we looking for Vincent Williams or Derek Williams

Both names though may be difficult to follow up on

Kimberleighlouise

Kimberleighlouise Report 17 Jun 2018 11:02

He was born Vincent park in 1964 that im sure of it. Ive found his record on here.

malyon

malyon Report 17 Jun 2018 11:15

there is no vincent park born 1964

Flip

Flip Report 17 Jun 2018 11:18

The birth is registered as Vincent Park on ancestry Malyon, if you check the freebmd coverage the year isn't fully transcribed.

malyon

malyon Report 17 Jun 2018 11:30

so they had another child in 1967 also adopted

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Jun 2018 12:09

The 1967 child wasn't necessarily adopted - the S just means it was a late entry to the register. Could be many reasons for that.

There's no S after Vincent's ref nos.

Flip

Flip Report 17 Jun 2018 12:17

I see they share the same father, is he still around to ask about Derek or for any other information? It could be they had already split up and he was a child from another relationship, but registered in the mothers name as it was at the time?

Just wondering if Margaret also remarried and the child's registration was amended to her new surname, or he was adopted by her new husband.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jun 2018 12:19

Ahh all qtrs are 99% except Dec which is only 12% !!!!

Would be the one you want lol

He does show on ancestry Dec qtr . They have transcribed it with the small s too

The small s against the page nos does indicate adopted . It means that the GRO wil, only issue a shortened copy of the birth cert that doesn't show mother or parents details

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jun 2018 12:29

Can't see a marriage for him in Worcestershire

Or a possible on the electoral rolls

Kimberleighlouise

Kimberleighlouise Report 17 Jun 2018 12:34

unfortunately my grandfather passed over 10 years ago but we were told that the other child (Derek) had passed away
Michael lees park married Margaret they then later divorced and he married Pamela Ann millinson

Flip

Flip Report 17 Jun 2018 12:52

Did Michael ever mention whether Margaret re-married and to whom? I can't see a death for Derek under the name of Park, maybe that was because he had a name change.

Sorry, this isn't really helping in locating Vincent though, which is what you are trying to do but I'm not coming up with anything on Vincent under either of the names you've given.

has you mother registered with the adoption contact register as posted earlier by DetEcTive?

Kimberleighlouise

Kimberleighlouise Report 17 Jun 2018 12:55

not yet but she is going to. If I upgrade to platinum membership on here will that help? or is there a better site than this?

Flip

Flip Report 17 Jun 2018 13:09

I've sent you a PM regarding your last post. If you look at the top you should have a message

Flip

Flip Report 17 Jun 2018 13:48

Do you (or your mother) know anything more about Vincent's adoptive parents - like christian names for eg so this could be checked? It's just strange that you have a surname - this is not divulged through the adoption process, the birth parents are not informed of the identity of of the adoptive parents. Could it be that it was someone known to your grandfather and/or Margaret?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Jun 2018 15:02

You also say, " we were told that the other child (Derek) had passed away."

It sounds as if there was at least some contact between the families.
Who told you about Derek?
And do you know where or when he died?

It also sounds as if he kept the name Derek, just as Vincent remained Vincent.
Do you know if the Williamses adopted both boys?

I don't see his death as Derek Williams (at least not in England/Wales) up to 2007, unless he'd been given extra forenames at adoption.